Best portable vaporizer?

Zacadea

I am getting a little frustrated here. ANY DEVICE WILL GET YOU HIGH - some just conserve your herb more in the process of getting there.

As you are coming from combustion, have you already gone to the resource tab and familiarized yourself with some of the suggestions on fucking combustion? Because I think, more than the device itself, your biggest challenge will be the difference in the high.

When I first started vaporizing, I was bemused by the effect. I could not tell it was having an effect until I went overboard into "too high to operate my car" zone. Then I was able to discern when it was effecting me. I still, a year later, sometimes go too far at home and do not notice how high I am until I stand up and try walking. "Whoops, uh, good thing I don't need to go anywhere for a while"

The chemicals in combustion confuse us into thinking THAT is being high off cannabis.

From reading many, many, MANY posts on this site, i believe your biggest challenge will be "withdrawal " from the combustion effects and possibly cloud chasing. For that reason, you want a device that can vape higher temps, most likely, so you can get feedback from big clouds.

Just know - whatever device you get, it will have pluses and minuses. Even if you love it, you'll find something you do not like. I own one of the best portables, the Haze, and there are still things I do like. What I have learned from what I do not like is to check the forums for devices that correct that dislike while keeping more of what I do like. So...now I await the Haze Square to come out because my use patterns are more in line with convection...although even THERE I have issues as an asthmatic because the hotter vapor causes me to cough and sets off my asthma, so I need additional filtration, like water...or the ghetto solution I use with my direct draw Underdog stem - a piece of cotton cloth between the stem and my mouth to catch fine particulates that escape the screen.

I cannot remember your exact situation, I remember you posted in another thread, but you really cannot go wrong with any of the vapes listed. If you said you were going to buy some crap, Chinese, no-name, pen vape that says it can vape flower, then we'd need to stop you because we all know that will likely turn you off vaporizing entirely. But everything you list will probably work. Until you start vaporizing, you won't be able to refine your requirements.

I will say, I agree with everyone advising conduction or butane (I don't know how butane vapes work, pardon my ignorance) because they may satisfy some of your combustion cravings.

I was lucky to be a one-hit-wonder at the time I switched to vaping, so I transitioned easily. Gratefully, in fact, because I despised all the coughing from bong hits. Joints were worse for me.

Good luck, and do come back and tell us which you got and how you are liking it!
I had bad asthma as a child and it seemed to go away but now that I've been smoking more I've been wheezing during the days after. Will the wheezing go away with the vaping?

Zacadea,

Oneeyeisbetter

I was a satisfied user of MFLB for quite some time, after using the lower "effect/herb ratio" aromazap. I got a Crafty for complete e/h satisfaction. 29 hours on the Crafty chronometer after 2 months. I am thinking of adding an arizer air next - highly regarded at FC. The Crafty has more effect/herb vs the MFLB. The bat in my dugout has the largest e/h of all. but not doing that anymore, fuck combustion.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My first vape was a MFLB. Great intro to vaporizing and a great vape overall. Really conserves the herb. The MFLB can burn/combust your herb and has a learning curve that for some is steep.

My next vape was the Solo. The Solo is the tank of vaporizers and drives easy. Minimal learning curve, all glass path and is versatile as hell. Won't ever burn your herb no matter how hard you try. Great starter vape and even those who aren't noobs love the thing because of all it can do. Cleans easy. Good price too. One of the best in terms of battery life. I have suggested the Solo to several people starting out and none have been disappointed.

As many have already said....your first vape is not likely to be your last. If I knew what I know now when I first got started vaping I would have just started with the Solo. The Solo has stood the test of time and the proof is in its thread.

Zacadea

My first vape was a MFLB. Great intro to vaporizing and a great vape overall. Really conserves the herb. The MFLB can burn/combust your herb and has a learning curve that for some is steep.

My next vape was the Solo. The Solo is the tank of vaporizers and drives easy. Minimal learning curve, all glass path and is versatile as hell. Won't ever burn your herb no matter how hard you try. Great starter vape and even those who aren't noobs love the thing because of all it can do. Cleans easy. Good price too. One of the best in terms of battery life. I have suggested the Solo to several people starting out and none have been disappointed.

As many have already said....your first vape is not likely to be your last. If I knew what I know now when I first got started vaping I would have just started with the Solo. The Solo has stood the test of time and the proof is in its thread.
Do you think it's worth it to get the MFLB or the flowermate to start or should I just go right for the Solo?

Zacadea,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
If you've decided on battery power then just go with the solo. I don't even own one, but that is just because I have no need of another battery vape. If I could start over on a battery portable I'd get a solo in a heartbeat. I don't think I've ever read a bad post on one and they're just a no-brainer which will last you a long time.

Of course, if you ever decide on wanting the best vaping experience of all time, then get yourself a e-nano. ;pd; But that's for another time and place :p

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: CaptainDave

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Do you think it's worth it to get the MFLB or the flowermate to start or should I just go right for the Solo?

I have no experience with the Flowermate so I can't opine. If I had to choose between the MFLB and Solo....I'd get the Solo.

Don't get me wrong about the MFLB...it has its good points like being able to palm it and take it just about anywhere. It's also a quick hitter...push battery and suck. But if I had neither an MFLB or a Solo...I'd go Solo first.

His_Highness,

Oneeyeisbetter

For stealth, I am liking my new Crafty over my MFLBs. With the MFLB when I go out, I have this great smell wafting up from my pocket. but not very stealthy. I got #2 MFLB to have a low odor in travel mode vape alternative, but eventually #2 exceeded stealthy carry criteria. A naked Crafty fits better my pocket better than MFLB in a odor-proof wrap.

Oneeyeisbetter,
Top Bottom