Best portable vaporizer?

Zacadea

I know there may be many different answers to this question but I'm really not sure which portable vaporizer to get. Some I've been looking at are the flowermate, the Arizer solo, and the magic flight launch box. Which do you think is the best vaporizer and why? I'm really unsure of which one to get.

Zacadea,

Tommy10

What is your preferred method of smoking? Joints? Try something like the solo, pipe? Maybe a vaporgenie, bubbler/bong? A vape that easily connects to water, many options but the solo is on that can be easily connected. Basically if it's your first vape and you can't be bothered researching too much then just go the solo, it covers a lot of bases. Unless being small is needed, then check out the air. Plenty of vapes that may suit you better down the line, but the solo is a good start.

Zacadea

What is your preferred method of smoking? Joints? Try something like the solo, pipe? Maybe a vaporgenie, bubbler/bong? A vape that easily connects to water, many options but the solo is on that can be easily connected. Basically if it's your first vape and you can't be bothered researching too much then just go the solo, it covers a lot of bases. Unless being small is needed, then check out the air. Plenty of vapes that may suit you better down the line, but the solo is a good start.
Is the air better than the solo? I'm just looking to get a good vaporizer now that I can have for years instead of getting one than needing to get another one.

Tommy10

Have not used an air, from what I understand it's slimmer and has one single user swappable battery (advantage smaller, and ability to carry battery's, disadvantage without spares your device has half the battery life) solo was my first good vaporiser, I bought it for similar reasoning. I ended up purchasing plenty more vaporisers and rarely use the solo now, but I have no doubt if I still only had a solo I'd be adequately catered for. If the dividebetween medicating/recreation/money draining hobby wasn't so muddied up I'd probably still be rocking the solo, solo.

Used a flowermate and MFLB (not much though) and for the money I can't see why you wouldn't go the solo. Less than double the price of them, and in my mind more than twice as good.
"Want to buy something I can have now and not need to buy another down the line" the solo is that as far as portables go.

Zacadea

Have not used an air, from what I understand it's slimmer and has one single user swappable battery (advantage smaller, and ability to carry battery's, disadvantage without spares your device has half the battery life) solo was my first good vaporiser, I bought it for similar reasoning. I ended up purchasing plenty more vaporisers and rarely use the solo now, but I have no doubt if I still only had a solo I'd be adequately catered for. If the dividebetween medicating/recreation/money draining hobby wasn't so muddied up I'd probably still be rocking the solo, solo.

Used a flowermate and MFLB (not much though) and for the money I can't see why you wouldn't go the solo. Less than double the price of them, and in my mind more than twice as good.
"Want to buy something I can have now and not need to buy another down the line" the solo is that as far as portables go.
Why does the solo work best? Why does it work better than the flowermate or the MFLB? Does it get you higher?

Zacadea,

Zacadea

Get something inexpensive that is near the top of forum with a lot of posts. Usually vapes that generate a lot of enthusiasm do so for a reason. I've only gone wrong a couple of time shopping for a vape this way. Good luck my fellow vaper.
When your referring to something at the top you mean the most talked about vapes?

Zacadea,

Tommy10

Solo in more powerful than the mflb and easier to use, much longer battery life but obviously not at stealthy. As for the flowermate, it's just better as far as I'm concerned. Longer battery life, more reliable, much more durable (excluding the glass stem) vapor is cooler and taste better.

Zacadea

Solo in more powerful than the mflb and easier to use, much longer battery life but obviously not at stealthy. As for the flowermate, it's just better as far as I'm concerned. Longer battery life, more reliable, much more durable (excluding the glass stem) vapor is cooler and taste better.
Does the Arizer get you the highest? I'm more concerned with that than the taste.

Zacadea,

Zacadea

If you are concerned about the highest then I recommend a conduction vape like the Vapman or the newly released Sidekick. These vapes can get you very high even after using say a Solo or an Air (both great vapes) the Vapman and the Sidekick can still get you higher. :2c:
Do you know how the flowermate works? It's one of the cheapest amongst these so I'm leaning towards it.

Zacadea,
Reactions: steama

gaseous_clay

When I finally decided to say "fuck combustion" I researched what vaporizer to buy. I wanted something pretty damn easy. The fewer hoops to jump through, the better.

I went with the Pax. Grind your flower. Pack the oven. Turn on. Breathe in. Enjoy.

Liked it so much I bought the Pax2 & sold the original to a coworker who loves it too!

These are the only two portables I have used, so I am biased & ignorant to the others, but you can't go wrong with the Pax.

Zacadea

Agreed, could never go wrong with a Pax2, a superb vape in so many ways.
Do the more expensive ones get you more high? I don't want to get the flowermate and have it not get me as high as something else. I would much rather not spend a ton of money but if I have to I will.

Zacadea,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Don't forget to consider a torch-based portable. I know someone mentioned the vapman. There is also the Lotus and the relatively new VapCap. I love my Lotus and just ordered a vapcap to try. Even the fancy vapcaps are only $75 or so.

There are lots of others too.

CaptainDave

Do the more expensive ones get you more high? I don't want to get the flowermate and have it not get me as high as something else. I would much rather not spend a ton of money but if I have to I will.
The more expensive ones are generally easer to use. IMO butane vapes are cheaper and do a more thorough extraction then battery powered vapes. The down side with butane vapes, is generally they have a steep learning curve.

CaptainDave,

Zacadea

The more expensive ones are generally easer to use. IMO butane vapes are cheaper and do a more thorough extraction then battery powered vapes. The down side with butane vapes, is generally they have a steep learning curve.
Isn't anything with butane harmful to you? Isn't that why people vape so they don't breathe it in? I could be totally wrong I'm very new to all of this.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You don't need to buy an expensive vaporizer to get the job done. Try looking through the Solo and the Air thread. They are easy to use and clean. I have both vaporizers and they do a great job and are well made. I love an all glass air path. There is no best portable it's the unit that will best suit your needs.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Isn't anything with butane harmful to you? Isn't that why people vape so they don't breathe it in? I could be totally wrong I'm very new to all of this.

Some butane torch vapes cause you to breathe the exhaust of the torch, like the vaporgenie. Time will tell if this is an issue or not.

Neither the Vapman, Lotus or Vapcap work this way. You don't inhale the butane vapors with these units. Check them out on Youtube.

Tommy10

If you want to get nicely baked off little product and can use a torch vapman is nice, although you sounds very new to this with a lot of questions, and much you may not properly understand until you have regularly used a vaporiser.
If you want to save some money try the flowermate but there is a chance it may be a little underwhelming for you, otherwise a solo will serve you well while you figure it all out, and should not require upgrading unless you desire something different.
What smoking style do you normally use? Joints/pipe/bong?

Zacadea

Some butane torch vapes cause you to breathe the exhaust of the torch, like the vaporgenie. Time will tell if this is an issue or not.

Neither the Vapman, Lotus or Vapcap work this way. You don't inhale the butane vapors with these units. Check them out on Youtube.
Does the flowermate cause you to breathe in butane?
If you want to get nicely baked off little product and can use a torch vapman is nice, although you sounds very new to this with a lot of questions, and much you may not properly understand until you have regularly used a vaporiser.
If you want to save some money try the flowermate but there is a chance it may be a little underwhelming for you, otherwise a solo will serve you well while you figure it all out, and should not require upgrading unless you desire something different.
What smoking style do you normally use? Joints/pipe/bong?
I usually use joints or bongs, I'll use whatever's available though. What do you mean the flowermate might be a little overwhelming though I'm confused? Why would the solo work better?

Zacadea,

Zacadea

See that's the problem with that question? I have 4 decades of heavy use, so would we be talking the same language? I consider conduction vapes to get me higher. I think it is the herb against a hot surface really releases vapor and a lot of goodies are in that vapor. Conduction vapes can often have a more burnt popcorn taste faster that a convection vape but as I said before conduction vapes get me more high and my main vape is a convection vape, the Super Surfer.

It is a complex question but I say do your homework and jump in the pool, the water is nice. Just go through your list one by one, and tear it apart until you arrive at a good point. Then you will be ready to drop a dime on a vape.

Stake your claim and get a vape. This won't be your forever vape so don't spend too much money on your first vape imo.

If you want the vape that will educate you to the art of vaping the most I do not think the Vapman can be surpassed and it has quite a community here at FC to help you out. The Vapman is truly a unique vape the has gotten me more high than any other vape. The Vapman can always get me higher.

Good luck.
Do you just use the vape as a portable or do you attach it to a bong?

Zacadea,

max

Out to lunch
There is no high tech magic where spending more $ on a vape means getting more vapor or more effect. It's more about how much vapor you get per hit, and it depends more on how much you can load and how big of a draw the vape can supply. Spending more may get you better temp control or more ease of use features, but vaporizing is a simple process, and a cheap, old style wooden box vape can give you more vapor per hit than a current model, high tech portable where the load and draw is restricted due to the size of the unit. If you want huge hits look at plug-in units. If you want portability then start with the size of the unit that you want and go from there, and just expect that you'll have to take more hits to "get you more high". Look at vids on youtube to see how they work and how much vapor is produced during use. Pretty much any popular model you consider will have multiple videos on youtube. Remember the saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words', and figure a video is worth a few thousand more.

woolspinner

Can the flowermate get you to a 10 high on a 1-10 scale?

I am getting a little frustrated here. ANY DEVICE WILL GET YOU HIGH - some just conserve your herb more in the process of getting there.

As you are coming from combustion, have you already gone to the resource tab and familiarized yourself with some of the suggestions on fucking combustion? Because I think, more than the device itself, your biggest challenge will be the difference in the high.

When I first started vaporizing, I was bemused by the effect. I could not tell it was having an effect until I went overboard into "too high to operate my car" zone. Then I was able to discern when it was effecting me. I still, a year later, sometimes go too far at home and do not notice how high I am until I stand up and try walking. "Whoops, uh, good thing I don't need to go anywhere for a while"

The chemicals in combustion confuse us into thinking THAT is being high off cannabis.

From reading many, many, MANY posts on this site, i believe your biggest challenge will be "withdrawal " from the combustion effects and possibly cloud chasing. For that reason, you want a device that can vape higher temps, most likely, so you can get feedback from big clouds.

Just know - whatever device you get, it will have pluses and minuses. Even if you love it, you'll find something you do not like. I own one of the best portables, the Haze, and there are still things I do like. What I have learned from what I do not like is to check the forums for devices that correct that dislike while keeping more of what I do like. So...now I await the Haze Square to come out because my use patterns are more in line with convection...although even THERE I have issues as an asthmatic because the hotter vapor causes me to cough and sets off my asthma, so I need additional filtration, like water...or the ghetto solution I use with my direct draw Underdog stem - a piece of cotton cloth between the stem and my mouth to catch fine particulates that escape the screen.

I cannot remember your exact situation, I remember you posted in another thread, but you really cannot go wrong with any of the vapes listed. If you said you were going to buy some crap, Chinese, no-name, pen vape that says it can vape flower, then we'd need to stop you because we all know that will likely turn you off vaporizing entirely. But everything you list will probably work. Until you start vaporizing, you won't be able to refine your requirements.

I will say, I agree with everyone advising conduction or butane (I don't know how butane vapes work, pardon my ignorance) because they may satisfy some of your combustion cravings.

I was lucky to be a one-hit-wonder at the time I switched to vaping, so I transitioned easily. Gratefully, in fact, because I despised all the coughing from bong hits. Joints were worse for me.

Good luck, and do come back and tell us which you got and how you are liking it!

Top Bottom