Best portable vape for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBA

I have just bought the heatgun setup as referred to in http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/heatgun-vape-bong-vape-quick-start-guide-tutorial.8954/ . I would however, somewhere down the line, want to invest a portable vaporizer. What would be your suggestions? I am looking for taste, efficiency and easy of use. In that order. I am unsure whether I would want a battery-powered one or a lighter-based one. Any insights on this would be appriciated, also any recommendations against or in favour of certain brands or models are always appriciated. I have to state that unfortunately money is an issue, but if the more expensive ones turn out to be worth the extra money I may end up getting a more expensive one, which is why I am not giving a maximum amount I want to spend yet. I hope my post is clear, if not, always feel free to ask.

Thanks,

DBA

DBA,

olivianewtonjohn

Based on your criteria of low$/+flavor, efficiency, easy of use

I would highly suggest the Arizer Solo ($120 on ebay or $160-(could try to price match ebay) at puffitup/planetvape-reliable retailers) or Flashvape (Think like $160 with the V2 kit).

The Solo is easier to use than the flashvape, flavor I have heard there is a slight edge to flashvape, efficiency should be pretty close (solo is hot all the time but is still very efficient-I went through 1.75g in a month). I would give reliability edge to solo since it has been out along time so the bugs are mostly ironed out, still some issues with build on the flashvape (spacers breaking, ect). Also more accessories for the solo, wooden stems, glass gong adapter for water pipes-no need for silicone tubing, can use stock stem with 14mm or 18mm water pipe out of the box, cases, aftermarket glass stems with better airflow.

olivianewtonjohn,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I prefer the lighter based vapes.
They generally do run cheaper, and they also have numerous benefits rarely realized in battery powered vapes. They tend to use very little material, and the effects are much more potent than what many experience with battery powered vapes. And you can forget charging time. If you are looking for efficacy then look no further than a lighter based vape, preferably freebase-style.

As far as taste, I have experienced nothing that compares to freebase-style vapes. Neither have the people who I have introduced to them.

Ones I have interest in are the same ones I always recommend, with a new addition.
I like the hammer (slightly expensive, but fully contained, and multiple adapters for different setups.), the ubie (the cheapest, and simplest), and the gnome (a more convection based ubie with adapters for different setups).

I also have been researching the Vapeman, which also has the same main benefits you get in a freebase style vape, except it looks less crackpipeish. I can't comment on it, because I haven't used something similar.

These all have fairly long learning curves, but once you do get the hang of them, you will be getting more blasted off of less than you would have ever thought possible. And I mean blasted, they are super effective, imagine you are are a squirtle and you just got hit with thunder. That's what I mean.

OO,
Reactions: Stu
I also have been researching the Vapeman, which also has the same main benefits you get in a freebase style vape, except it looks less crackpipeish. I can't comment on it, because I haven't used something similar.
You think so? Looks unusual to me, but not like a crack pipe. I have heard people negatively associate it with crack smoking due to the need for a torch lighter, however. I just ordered one last night so my ears perked up!

kelper,

OO

Technical Skeptical
You think so? Looks unusual to me, but not like a crack pipe. I have heard people negatively associate it with crack smoking due to the need for a torch lighter, however. I just ordered one last night so my ears perked up!
I meant that it does not look like a crackpipe, like the freebase style vapes do.

OO,
I meant that it does not look like a crackpipe, like the freebase style vapes do.
Got you - sorry. I somehow missed the "less" - need to brush up on my reading comprehension.

I recommend the VaporBlunt 2.0 and their Pinnacle looks nice too. Read good reports on their cheaper Palm 2.0 also (good deals on ebay for a tight budget).

kelper,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Got you - sorry. I somehow missed the "less" - need to brush up on my reading comprehension.
I've learned over time that multiple readings are usually necessary to ensure nothing has been overlooked, it's not just you.

OO,

DBA

I'm considering the Ubie and the Gnome at the moment, I have only just got my vape bong and I just want to be able to vape everywhere now instead of rolling a joint ;) Anyone that could help me out with some sort of pros and cons of either one? I'm also looking for some European retailer(s) for these products, my google search unfortunately didn't turn up anything useful. I appriciate your guys reactions and opinions. I also like that they feel like you'd be smoking a joint, as that is still a habit I suppose (smoked joints and cigarettes for 10 years, going to quit both soon if all works out ;))

I like the idea that is efficient even if it does have a learning curve. More potent is always a plus and who likes running out in the middle of a sesh (I do intend to take it out, to clubs and the like, so batteries do seem like a no-no).

Cheers,

~DBA

DBA,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I'm considering the Ubie and the Gnome at the moment, I have only just got my vape bong and I just want to be able to vape everywhere now instead of rolling a joint ;) Anyone that could help me out with some sort of pros and cons of either one? I'm also looking for some European retailer(s) for these products, my google search unfortunately didn't turn up anything useful. I appriciate your guys reactions and opinions. I also like that they feel like you'd be smoking a joint, as that is still a habit I suppose (smoked joints and cigarettes for 10 years, going to quit both soon if all works out ;))

I like the idea that is efficient even if it does have a learning curve. More potent is always a plus and who likes running out in the middle of a sesh (I do intend to take it out, to clubs and the like, so batteries do seem like a no-no).

Cheers,

~DBA
I can't speak to European importation, with the exception that the Vapeman is made in Sweden.
The others may or may not be available to consumers in your state.

Pros of the Gnome and Hammer is that they have optional extras which make compatibility with Glass on Glass possible (many water pieces use ground glass joints). The Ubie does not have this benefit, but someone has probably thought of a way to do it. The gnome is 50 I think, while the Hammer is slightly more than twice as much, but the lighter is built in, and tubes are fairly cheap.

You can make a habit out of anything, be careful not to get in the habit of buying vapes, it's a hard one to kick.

OO,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I say you should check out the lithe vape..Its a small looks like a pen its wooden takes 10 seconds to heat up.I bought mine and like to use it when I go out shopping or out with friends .Its so convenient,all you need is a lighter,And if your still combusting its a logical next step while still feeling natural to you. Only 50 bucks and you can coax some big clouds from it. My combusting friends approve..

Nbajunkie,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I have just bought the heatgun setup as referred to in http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/heatgun-vape-bong-vape-quick-start-guide-tutorial.8954/ . I would however, somewhere down the line, want to invest a portable vaporizer. What would be your suggestions? I am looking for taste, efficiency and easy of use. In that order. I am unsure whether I would want a battery-powered one or a lighter-based one. Any insights on this would be appriciated, also any recommendations against or in favour of certain brands or models are always appriciated. I have to state that unfortunately money is an issue, but if the more expensive ones turn out to be worth the extra money I may end up getting a more expensive one, which is why I am not giving a maximum amount I want to spend yet. I hope my post is clear, if not, always feel free to ask.

Thanks,

DBA

In the 100-200$ category, i would look at the Solo, XP, and FV.

In the 10-50$ category, i would look at the gn0me slider and vaporgenie.

Between 50-100$, i can only think of the Hammer.

vorrange,

michaelstone

all i know is the solo is the truth...sooooo glad i copped one....it doesnt disappoint...

michaelstone,

DBA

Thanks for all your replies, I've managed to narrow it down to:
- Ubie
- Gnome Slider
(-Lithe Vape)

The one in brackets is purely because it's made of wood and I would prefer it to be glass, mainly for the taste. I do not care for hooking it up to bong it would purely be for travelling/raving/concerts and chilling at friends, that sort of thing. So easy portability is definitely a must as well. If anyone has any info on the thickness of the Ubie/Gnome's glass it would be appriciated. I wonder if they break easily during transport, it is glass after all!

As for the workings of the Ubie and the Gnome, I do seem to see more recommendations for the gnome, does anyone know why this would be?

And Vorrange, I think you're right on that one I would imagine it to be an expensive hobby, collecting vapes!! I just prefer the vape high a lot over the combustion high, when combusting indicas or sativas I get couchlocked either way, totally not the case with vaping for me!

Thanks,

DBA

DBA,

olivianewtonjohn

I prefer the lighter based vapes.
They generally do run cheaper, and they also have numerous benefits rarely realized in battery powered vapes. They tend to use very little material, and the effects are much more potent than what many experience with battery powered vapes. And you can forget charging time. If you are looking for efficacy then look no further than a lighter based vape, preferably freebase-style.

As far as taste, I have experienced nothing that compares to freebase-style vapes. Neither have the people who I have introduced to them.

Ones I have interest in are the same ones I always recommend, with a new addition.
I like the hammer (slightly expensive, but fully contained, and multiple adapters for different setups.), the ubie (the cheapest, and simplest), and the gnome (a more convection based ubie with adapters for different setups).

These all have fairly long learning curves, but once you do get the hang of them, you will be getting more blasted off of less than you would have ever thought possible. And I mean blasted, they are super effective, imagine you are are a squirtle and you just got hit with thunder. That's what I mean.

Can you please explain? "the effects are much more potent than what many experience with battery powered vapes"

olivianewtonjohn,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Thanks for all your replies, I've managed to narrow it down to:
- Ubie
- Gnome Slider
(-Lithe Vape)

The one in brackets is purely because it's made of wood and I would prefer it to be glass, mainly for the taste. I do not care for hooking it up to bong it would purely be for travelling/raving/concerts and chilling at friends, that sort of thing. So easy portability is definitely a must as well. If anyone has any info on the thickness of the Ubie/Gnome's glass it would be appriciated. I wonder if they break easily during transport, it is glass after all!

As for the workings of the Ubie and the Gnome, I do seem to see more recommendations for the gnome, does anyone know why this would be?

And Vorrange, I think you're right on that one I would imagine it to be an expensive hobby, collecting vapes!! I just prefer the vape high a lot over the combustion high, when combusting indicas or sativas I get couchlocked either way, totally not the case with vaping for me!

Thanks,

DBA
I doubt the wood would negatively impact the flavor.

I can't speak to how delicate the glass on those are.

Very few on this board are willing to try the ubie, and many are under the false impression that conduction is somehow worse than convection. Really, they are just different.

Both of these vapes have the potential to induce heavy couchlock, you just need to use them at lower temperatures to avoid that effect (there is a learning curve).
Can you please explain? "the effects are much more potent than what many experience with battery powered vapes"
Absolutely. There is an effect that many battery powered portables fail to induce. The instantaneous 'head change' where one can perceive a difference in mental state.
This effect is very similar to the effect of combustion, though more profound.
I suspect the cause is a simultaneous release of the full range of active compounds.
Some battery vapes for one reason or another do not accomplish this, probably due to temperature limitations.

OO,
Reactions: kelper

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Absolutely. There is an effect that many battery powered portables fail to induce. The instantaneous 'head change' where one can perceive a difference in mental state.
This effect is very similar to the effect of combustion, though more profound.
I suspect the cause is a simultaneous release of the full range of active compounds.
Some battery vapes for one reason or another do not accomplish this, probably due to temperature limitations.

I think it's quite simple really, many vaporizers are used by slowly rising the temperature so you kind of ease into the high.. with fixed temp vaporizers or manual flame vaporizers, you rise the temperature enough to get full cannabinoid profile in the first hit, hence, "head change".

OO

Technical Skeptical
I think it's quite simple really, many vaporizers are used by slowly rising the temperature so you kind of ease into the high.. with fixed temp vaporizers or manual flame vaporizers, you rise the temperature enough to get full cannabinoid profile in the first hit, hence, "head change".
Excellent phrasing!

OO,

DBA

Does anyone know of a place I can order the Gnome? The website apparently doesn't ship to my address, however I have ordered from the USA before on this address without any issues, if anyone could help that would be greatly appriciated. My mail to gnome has not been answered I have sent this about a week ago.

DBA,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Does anyone know of a place I can order the Gnome? The website apparently doesn't ship to my address, however I have ordered from the USA before on this address without any issues, if anyone could help that would be greatly appriciated. My mail to gnome has not been answered I have sent this about a week ago.

Did you sent an email to Calen? If you did, he will get back to you eventually, but send him a second one just to be sure.

I only did my business by email with him.

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom