Best portable unit for me?

Smoothbutta

I care most about ease of cleaning, it would be for dry flower and usually just for 2 people, maybe once or a twice a week. No specific budget, I can pay more for something more easy to use, etc. Oh also no Butane.

I tried some quick research on the best portable units and the Arizer Air, Mighty, and Pax 2 came up most I believe.

Smoothbutta,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would suggest the Arizer Air or the Arizer Solo. The Air is the newest model, it's sleeker and more stealth. The Solo is the size of a can of Red Bull. The Air is probably $20 or $30 cheaper than the Solo. Both units are easy to clean and use. No small parts to lose, other than an "o" ring if you decide to use one with the Solo. The Air has a little gasket that can get lost. I love an all glass air path. Both these units provide that.

They don't use a lot of product either. If you are coming from combustion they will pay for themselves pretty fast. By the way the Mighty for the price uses a lot of cannabis and it doesn't have a glass air path. You are also paying for the name.

The Air and Solo are versatile and can be used with water as long as you have a GonG. The Solo for me has better flavor. I use my Solo more because of that reason.

I would suggest @PuffItUp to do business with. If you are from Canada I would suggest @PlanetVape since they are located in Canada. Both have good customer service and fair prices. These vendors are FC sponsors that help to keep this website available for all of us. Check out both sponsor's thread here on FC to find out any discount codes.

Often a vaporizer comes down to personal preference. What one person might really love, someone else might not.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'd second the vote for the Arizer Air - the replaceable stems work GREAT - there are 3rd party options on the market to alter the performance of the vape when you get bored. And they're easy to clean - drop the glass stem in ISO and let it soak - that's about it).

The only complaint I should mention about the Arizer air is that it is a slower session style vape. It's made for sipping nice and slow. I usually spend about 20-25 minutes sipping away on the Air at various temperatures in order to get a complete extraction.

There are other vaporizers on the market which can cook the herb MUCH faster, but that wasn't a requirement in your suggestions, so I just wanted to point out that downside to the Air.

sickmanfraud

If you are looking for something easy to use you should also look at the CF or CFX from Boundless. They have a thread here.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

PurpleDazed

I have 2 arizer air's and luv them both one silver one black and i have never used the stock stems that came with them. I got both from puffitup.com with a joda glass stem and use them with a zob bubbler.
why I use the joda glass stem and none of the stock stems is the joda has a carb port on it to help clear the tube during use.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I also second the Air if your priority is easy cleaning (and probably would recommend it even if it wasn't).
Mighty and pax are probably also not that hard to clean, but Air/Solo stems are just too easy. Especislly the classic ones wihtout the plastic tip.
Mighty could give you better hits, but has no replaceable batteries and is quite expensive.
Pax is a conduction unit, so that one is better for people who like to take smaller puffs and not actually rip that shit (which is where conduction units perform best).
Also I think the PAx would be the most difficult to clean out of these 3.

subway13029

I would suggest the Arizer Air or the Arizer Solo. The Air is the newest model, it's sleeker and more stealth. The Solo is the size of a can of Red Bull. The Air is probably $20 or $30 cheaper than the Solo. Both units are easy to clean and use. No small parts to lose, other than an "o" ring if you decide to use one with the Solo. The Air has a little gasket that can get lost. I love an all glass air path. Both these units provide that.

They don't use a lot of product either. If you are coming from combustion they will pay for themselves pretty fast. By the way the Mighty for the price uses a lot of cannabis and it doesn't have a glass air path. You are also paying for the name.

The Air and Solo are versatile and can be used with water as long as you have a GonG. The Solo for me has better flavor. I use my Solo more because of that reason.

I would suggest @PuffItUp to do business with. If you are from Canada I would suggest @PlanetVape since they are located in Canada. Both have good customer service and fair prices. These vendors are FC sponsors that help to keep this website available for all of us. Check out both sponsor's thread here on FC to find out any discount codes.

Often a vaporizer comes down to personal preference. What one person might really love, someone else might not.
I really like the arizer air but I also really like the mighty and it is a very efficient vaporizer with the new dosing capsules and provides very nice taste and clouds if that's what you want. It is very pricey but I wouldn't just say you were paying for the name you are also paying for performance. You should def give it a try. I also really like the air.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
My .02:
My Air came yesterday.
Today I began experimenting with heating efficiency.

I've found on my E Q doing whip hits that .11g of flowers in = .07g ABV, in other words about .04g was transferred as vapor.

On my Air today I had similar results.
I put .14g of into the tube and got .1 ABV.
I tried a second experiment putting .13g in got .08 ABV out.

Points in Air's favor:
Best taste ever!
Much more flavor than my EQ.

Points against:
Loading seems a bit awkward.

I've also found that you can't stir your bowl for seconds.
The moisture from the flowers holds your load in place.
Once that load is dry it will not re-pack.

Overall: It's a sweet little unit.
I bought it to replace a Magic Flight that always let me down when I needed it and I always had extra batteries. MLFB batteries just don't hold a charge well.

Now it looks like I've got a lot of battery "learnin'" to do.
BTW I paid $153 and I got it the next business day after I ordered it.
Aroma-Tek

Cuthbert J Twillie,
Top Bottom