Best/most durable 510 cartridge battery/mod

jared7284

Okay so I'm just seeking opinions on batteries and their toughness. I've yet to find/buy a battery that I really like and trust to last a long time. I've used the cheap basic push button adjustable voltage batteries on ebay and for the money they are great. But obviously not tough.

I've had a few of the pluto imini batteries. Which are pretty great....but a higher failure rate than I'm accustomed to. I've got friends with a Ccell silo. It seems nice. Idk how durable it is. I hate that it's not adjustable.

I ordered a kangvape 710 that looks pretty sweet. China man shipped it to the wrong state though. Soooo idk. I just need to order another one of those.

I do have an aris tick on the way. Looks pretty cool. It has a flip top cap which should protect the cartridge itself from dust. Sounds great to me for anyone, but especially factory workers.

Two things that really bug me bout the batteries/mods targeted towards 510 cartridges (such as ccells) are this. One they seem to nearly all use magnets. Okay I accept that. But man they all have only 3, maybe four adjustment/strength settings. Would be nice to set the wattage to specifically what I want.

So for that I have an LVSMOKE YMER on the way to my house from china right now. The only one I can find with real full range adjustment and an lcd to tell you where you have it set.

I'm also interested in a VAPMOD battery due to it's high capacity of 900 mah. All these cartridges seem to top out at 650 mah and something closer to 1000 would be nice. I don't see a model number. So here is a link to the product.
http://www.vapmodtech.com/vmod-detail-display-p00031p1.html

So what batteries do you like from experience? Is it durable? Rugged? Or what have you seen and haven't tried that looks interesting to you?

jared7284

Oh and I forgot to mention I've got a friend who has recently purchased a YoCan Uni. He really likes it. We'll see how long it lasts.

I've got a fair amount of experience with ecigs mods etc for nicotine purposes. Most don't seem to really last so I'm not super optimistic for the 510 cartridge mod market.

That kangvape 710 looks like it might be rugged. Maybe even some silicone on the body idk????

jared7284,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

jared7284

Ah yeah the title of that thread threw me off. I guess i felt durability as a focus would be good for it's own thread but okay that's fine. I'll just follow that thread and if no one else posts in here I'll use that one for related posts.

I got my airis tick in today. Love it. Still unsure of build quality/durability. Just ordered three more to hook up some friends. Get various people using them and see if there is common issues or not. Myself and several friends had imini's break.

I've done a lot of nicotine vaping and in that market it seemed a lot of those batteries/mods broke. Idk if they just suck, or if I just break shit...

ChooChooCharlie

@jared7284 - Thank you for finding the Vapmod V-Mod !!!

Love it, posted pics and initial thoughts in thread listed above

Also have a Tick. As far as durability, I don't trust the hinge, but let us know. I used a rebrand of the imini, and had no problems, but I've read that the tiny button sticks over time. Not good.

But, since the cost is usually under $20, durability is perhaps moot, other than that aggravating moment when it inconveniently dies.

Thanks again for posting about the V-Mod

jared7284

I'm glad you liked the Vapmod. Weird name I gotta say. I like the idea of the big button. I noticed you liked the super low 2.6v setting. Have you looked up the LVSMOKE YMER? That may be for you. It has only three voltage settings BUT adjustable by wattage! I don't think I found specs saying the increment of adjustment. I'll assume 1 watt increment til mine comes in. But it does adjust as low as 3 watts and as high as 20 watts. Perfect for cartridges! Maybe that twenty is too high and could burn carts. So advanced users only no senior citizens lol.

But yeah tracking shows my YMER has made it to the states. Estimated delivery is Saturday. I'll try to remember to make a post in the other thread when that battery comes in.

d:\program

Edit: I'm curious when people say they'll update but then you never hear anything else. Like they got the device and it transported them through a blackhole. Or worse. The first use malfunctioned and vaporized them. Just theories.

Last edited:
d:\program,
Reactions: Logic
Top Bottom