Best i7 Ultrabooks Money can buy?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
After 7 long years of service, 1 motherboard swap (after 1 liter of water spilled on her 1 year old body!), 1 HDD Upgrade (to SSD), 2 OS upgrades, 3 Memory Upgrades, and countless disassemblies. It's finally time to retire my Lenovo X61T Tablet PC (This tablet predates when touchscreen in laptops became standard)

Last night the hard drive crashed hard, like computer froze, BSOD, and on reboot the HDD wasn't detected!

I've been trying to wait for Win10 before I upgraded, but I can't wait any longer, I need a computer for Delta 3D Studios.

I need a reliable workhorse, something I can use for years, and service myself when necessary. But I also need something lightweight so I can use it for my portable 3D scanning lab. i7 CPU is a must, which limits my options dramatically.

Looking to make a purchase within the next few hours, hoping to get some input. My current frontrunner is probably a 2nd generation Lenovo X1 carbon fully loaded

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Why not get a cheap ultrabook for on the go, and then build a desktop for heavy 3D work?

Mainly because of my 3D scanning which needs a fast computer to process the data. My scanner is a handheld optical device (like a glorified Xbox Kinect). I plan to 3D print a clip to hold the scanner on the back of the laptop while I walk around the object

It's going to be a business expense anyway, so I'm not worried about the cost

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: TheWhisper

TheWhisper

Mainly because of my 3D scanning which needs a fast computer to process the data. My scanner is a handheld optical device (like a glorified Xbox Kinect). I plan to 3D print a clip to hold the scanner on the back of the laptop while I walk around the object

It's going to be a business expense anyway, so I'm not worried about the cost

No idea then. All of my recent research was geared toward ultraportables (ended up with a very nice Surface Pro 3).

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yeah, I was looking at the Surface3 with an i7, but I think I want something a bit beefier than what MS could offer in that form factor.

I was looking at the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15, but the i7 is sold out, and I literally need a computer tomorrow. (Thank god for Amazon Prime ha ha)

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: TheWhisper
Top Bottom