Bearded FCers...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
u7CpgsO.jpg

OMG!!! That's too funny! And might I add...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar :lol:

Ha! What the hell is "pussyface"?
For the sake of clarity, especially needed after lwien's post .... Pussyface is meant to describe how masculine or not masculine looking a man's face is. It is not meant to denote whether the man's face is appealing. IMO Brad Pitt's face is not masculine looking and therefore would qualify as a pussyface while Tom Selleck's face is masculine looking and would be the opposite of pussyface. Disclaimer: Even in my best days I would never be confused as even being remotely as good looking as either Brad or Tom.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I've had a goatee type thing since high school and often go a day or two between shaving the rest of my face. I don't identify with the "bearded man" though. With no facial hair, I too suffer from this pussyface. Never knew what it was called, but I look funny hairless. Too much, and I look like a homeless guy. It's a delicate balance for me.

According to this study, and the wife, I'm on the right track.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...y-stubble-men-attractive-women_n_3180157.html

http://jezebel.com/facial-scruff-hot-its-science-482830580

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/03/25/facial-hair-signal/

djonkoman

I used to only stop shaving in winter, untill one spring 1-2 years ago I just kept my beard... and no I don't want to part with it anymore. it helps that I have the best part of being ginger, not the red headhair but only a red-brown beard.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've had a goatee type thing since high school and often go a day or two between shaving the rest of my face. I don't identify with the "bearded man" though. With no facial hair, I too suffer from this pussyface. Never knew what it was called, but I look funny hairless. Too much, and I look like a homeless guy. It's a delicate balance for me.

According to this study, and the wife, I'm on the right track.

Magic9 - Great post! The facial hair balancing act between pussyface perception and grubby growth can be mastered if you use the right tools. I use a double blind study to gauge the correct point to shave/style/clean-up. It works like this....I wait till the wife and kids double up on me and begin yelling they'd rather be blind than look at me a moment longer. :rofl:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Growing my beard for the first time since my late 30s, in the late 90s. Partly to see how much grey I have (since I have almost none in my hair, and I'm overdue), and partly to keep a little warmer here in coastal Maine winter.

My wife kinda digs it, and there's more grey than I would've thought, so maybe strangers think I'm an intellectual. (No one who knows me would ever make that mistake.)

Pretty sure it'll be gone by mid April, but that's an eternity away right now.

killick

But I like it!
Just saw a buddy's Facebook status "this year I resolve to grow more beard"...
I'm in too!

@mitchgo61 it sounds like we are in the same boat. My hair is blonde (my wife says she can see one white hair on the side) bit the longer my beard gets the whiter it gets. It used to be neatly trimmed, with light highlights that turn white as they grow out, but now that I'm off work growing it out is almost a hobby in itself! When it does get trimmed I'll look years younger ;)

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
I was a 1 for many years, but currently at 2.5 and rapidly moving to 3, at least till it catches fire on a candle, or some other kind of hazard. Caught in a drill press? Mouse nest? The white turns pink and I'm not manly enough to handle it?

Maybe if it gets long enough i can store a spare battery and a refill in there when hiking?

basement farmer

My face is melting...
I was a 1 for many years, but currently at 2.5 and rapidly moving to 3, at least till it catches fire on a candle, or some other kind of hazard. Caught in a drill press? Mouse nest? The white turns pink and I'm not manly enough to handle it?

Maybe if it gets long enough i can store a spare battery and a refill in there when hiking?

My sister got her hair sucked up in a hair blow dryer during a styling session she had inflicted on me. Don't laugh, it was the 80's and hair care was very important back then.

Her hair getting caught up in the dryer wasn't as funny as it sounds either.

Male pattern baldness and alopecea have ensured that this will never be a problem again.

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
I'm kind thinking @grokit might be using one of those 'home barber' kits they used to sell on tv. Basically a set of clippers that attach to your vacuum, and anything over s certain length goes down the suction hose. Kinda like our friend who accidentally got her cats trail caught in their vacuum as they were getting ready for last night :)

Top Bottom