Gear Battery needed for distillate, while using a c cell cartridge

Jenelle

Yeah, it’s funny because I’ve tried to talk to people at the local vape shops and the recreational stores here, and I’ve asked several different people about this issue and everyone has a different answer about why the diy carts leak.
Seems the best way for me to get reliable information on this topic is to conduct the expirements at home, and not rely on someone’s advice from the shops here. Also these forums help.
Would the trinity xl tank work on a regular pen battery? Or does something like that need a more powerful unit?

I think the leaking comes from not explaining exactly what materials the vape is meant for. They will say oils or waxes, but when you read on, it talks about mixing rosin w/terps or shatter w/terps, or distillate w/terps.
I know that the Platinum concentrates vape pen I bought first, worked very well on straight distillate, NO terps. It was just not meant to last, tank burned out (may have been me;)) and battery just died.

Take a look at the Trinity thread even, people are putting all sorts of stuff in it. That tank you mentioned, the v9, I've also seen many bad reviews because people are mixing up some concoction and trying to vape it.

And about reliable info, yeah it sucks, I'm doing the same thing, wasting my own expensive high grade distillate to test their product for them!

The Trinity tanks both reg and xl are meant to be heavy duty carts. I bought the Bubbleman battery with it, that is very light, looks like a regular small vape pen, but has some sort of special chip to boost power for the tanks. It seems many people over in that thread are using mod boxes to power it too. But after frying my disposable on a mod, I really don't want to chance burning out a good tank.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Yeah, it’s funny because I’ve tried to talk to people at the local vape shops and the recreational stores here, and I’ve asked several different people about this issue and everyone has a different answer about why the diy carts leak.
Seems the best way for me to get reliable information on this topic is to conduct the expirements at home, and not rely on someone’s advice from the shops here. Also these forums help.
Would the trinity xl tank work on a regular pen battery? Or does something like that need a more powerful unit?

Info was hard to come by for me too. I first bought pre-filled Neos carts which worked pretty well, but were very expensive, and cut. I was able to refill once then they started getting jammed up quickly.

Then my dispensary started selling CO2 oil in Kangertech clearomizers and I made the switch to only vaping oil. The Kangers only leaked once but that was a user error.

Caught a tip from another user on here about the Liberty Amigos. Jumped out on the net impulsively and bought 2 v5's, then saw they also had v9's with ceramic coils. Too late to cancel the previous order so I resold at a loss without unpacking them. The v9's were the shit, though. They have never leaked. The air holes are at the top. Easy to fill as the center post is removable.

I'm so happy with my set up now. I have not explored the world of sub-ohm because I am perfectly content with just using my cheap batteries and tanks. The clouds are plenty big for me. This method is the ultimate in stealth, as there is no smell at all with the pure CO2 oil or distillate. I've taken these carts (filled) on airplanes a few times now without issue. Vaped in plane restrooms, hotels, restaurants, etc. It's so no-fuss, no cleaning involved, just occasional filling.

Info was hard to come by for me too. I first bought pre-filled Neos carts which worked pretty well, but were very expensive, and cut. I was able to refill once then they started getting jammed up quickly.

Then my dispensary started selling CO2 oil in Kangertech clearomizers and I made the switch to only vaping oil. The Kangers only leaked once but that was a user error.

Caught a tip from another user on here about the Liberty Amigos. Jumped out on the net impulsively and bought 2 v5's, then saw they also had v9's with ceramic coils. Too late to cancel the previous order so I resold at a loss without unpacking them. The v9's were the shit, though. They have never leaked. The air holes are at the top. Easy to fill as the center post is removable.

I'm so happy with my set up now. I have not explored the world of sub-ohm because I am perfectly content with just using my cheap batteries and tanks. The clouds are plenty big for me. This method is the ultimate in stealth, as there is no smell at all with the pure CO2 oil or distillate. I've taken these carts (filled) on airplanes a few times now without issue. Vaped in plane restrooms, hotels, restaurants, etc. It's so no-fuss, no cleaning involved, just occasional filling.

What is the difference between the Liberty v9 and all the other Liberty carts? There seems to be 12 versions? And they all seem to be for oil. That doesn't make choosing very easy or are they all updated versions of eachother. That said, most of them seem to be made as disposables, not a high quality cleanable cart. They are interesting though. Did you buy a bunch and just toss em after they stop working?

They seem to be like what the Trinity guys are doing, I'm not sure if they sell the center heater by itself too, but I heard the Trinity will soon have the option to buy the heaters with different size holes for varying levels of thickness to burn better.

I like how the new xl has a big tank too 1.5ml, also giving it proper space up top to refill too, making it super fast and easy to do.

grampa_herb

What is the difference between the Liberty v9 and all the other Liberty carts? There seems to be 12 versions? And they all seem to be for oil. That doesn't make choosing very easy or are they all updated versions of eachother. That said, most of them seem to be made as disposables, not a high quality cleanable cart. They are interesting though. Did you buy a bunch and just toss em after they stop working?

Yeah, I bought a bunch off Alibaba. They are disposables, and I get about 2-3 ml through before they start to degrade.

Not sure about the latest versions. Some older versions do not use a ceramic wick, and there are differences in size and connection options.

420democrat

Yeah, I bought a bunch off Alibaba. They are disposables, and I get about 2-3 ml through before they start to degrade.

Not sure about the latest versions. Some older versions do not use a ceramic wick, and there are differences in size and connection options.
Most little carts can be treated as disposable. As @grampa_herb said you get a refill or two than on to the next one. the v9s are a solid choice for the price so are the vape710s and or the yartech cbd carts that said i only use a little cart in certain situations anymore my vaperesso veco with a mod is by far the stealthiest/most potent/best tasting option ive explored yet

grampa_herb

i only use a little cart in certain situations anymore my vaperesso veco with a mod is by far the stealthiest/most potent/best tasting option ive explored yet

The only thing I dislike about my .5ml v9's is that I would prefer not to use disposable components. I go through about a cart a month. Since I mostly vape at 3.3V and the clouds are more than enough for me, what else would I stand to gain by using a Veco? I don't care about taste much but would it really get me higher? Is it more efficient?

grampa_herb,
my vaperesso veco with a mod is by far the stealthiest/most potent/best tasting option ive explored yet

What are you putting in this thing? Straight distillate? It looks interesting, but nowhere on their site does it say what substance it was made for other than ejuice. Will it vape thick distillate? Their site is another one that does not specify what substances can be vaped in the tank.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Thats what I am finding - the prefilled carts work for me 90% of the time and the diy ones have not worked for me really. I’ve got the oil into the carts just fine, but they’ve all leaked on me once I got the oil in there. I’ve been able to use them about a day before they totally leak...
How did you like Licks? That is one liquidizer I’ve never heard of, but I took a look at it just now. Looks interesting.
I am currently back to using a prefilled cartridge - filled with distillate and the manufacturer uses a c cell cartridge for theirs. And .. no leaks... I just don’t get it, because I’ve bought empty c cells and filled them with distillate - although not this particular brand - and I get major leaks. What are the manufacturers doing differently than me I wonder....
Also thinking about getting a dab pen, or a wax attachment for my current pen, just so that I can dab this amazing distillate that is currently my favorite distillate, except for the fact that I can’t find a good way to consume it. An actual dab rig and a e- nail setup isn’t something that is practical for me.
Although I’ve heard the wax attachments on a pen vape generally don’t work that well...

I have refilled my ccells 5 x now 1ml
Never had a leak, use c02 oil thick & distillate
uncut, ccell only leaks if you don't seal tip with
silicon ring within say 30 secs.
If oil is thin use another cart with smaller
fill holes or a wick for runny stuff.

One thing nice about V9 is you can scoop
out the distillate in the glass jars as the
center post comes out of cart, no need for
syringe or tip.
It's also top air, but I like the draw and taste
of the ccell on the very discrete palm battery.
i can take a hit while changing sides on the tennis
court without being even noticed.

Jenelle

Interesting!! So you’re using the c cell cartridge, and refilling it with straight oil?
So you’ve got leaks from c cells if you DONT seal the ring within 30 seconds after you dump your oil in? You’re talking about the ring up top near the mouthpiece, which you’d seal by twisting the mouthpiece on, right? Why would that matter I wonder’? I mean, what’s the difference between sealing it within 30 seconds and sealing it after I’ve let the oil make its way to the bottom?
Because I certainly am not sealing it right away. I normally keep the mouthpiece unsealed while I wait for the oil to saturate the core, and I got this method from a YouTube video called “how to refill your c cell with distillate”
Let me know! If I could get my distillate in the c cells without leaking, that would be my ideal.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Interesting!! So you’re using the c cell cartridge, and refilling it with straight oil?
So you’ve got leaks from c cells if you DONT seal the ring within 30 seconds after you dump your oil in? You’re talking about the ring up top near the mouthpiece, which you’d seal by twisting the mouthpiece on, right? Why would that matter I wonder’? I mean, what’s the difference between sealing it within 30 seconds and sealing it after I’ve let the oil make its way to the bottom?
Because I certainly am not sealing it right away. I normally keep the mouthpiece unsealed while I wait for the oil to saturate the core, and I got this method from a YouTube video called “how to refill your c cell with distillate”
Let me know! If I could get my distillate in the c cells without leaking, that would be my ideal.

It has to do with pressurization, like on a plane.
If you want to fill more easily there are two ways that work & have
never leaked on me with thick oils or straight distillate.
Get a 1 inch 14 ga tip (goes down to bottom of cart) heat syringe to
slightly warm with hair dryer, Squirt & seal in around 30 seconds.
Let sit for 10 mins for coil to coat, vape it.
DON'T use any CUT! If you get oil too warm wait 30 mins till hit.
After 3 or 4 grams I have to run a sewing needle thru air way to
clear some chimney creep, I vape that drop on Evolve Donut, lol.

If you don't want to heat syringe slightly with hair dryer, you might have to wait many hours
for thick oil to settle to bottom of tank with top tip seal on in 30 seconds, you're choice.
I do it first way & hit it great no problems & get great hits in 5 mins.

Jenelle

This is the first time I’ve heard of this. Thank you for explaining that... It makes sense in a vague way for me- sounds like by sealing it, it creates a vacuum and makes it less likely for the oil to leak out ...
I’ll try this, especially since you said that you’ve had leakage when NOT doing it this way. Sounds very promising.
Speaking of information being hard to find...when I found this method on YouTube, she says to actually do it the opposite- to let your cartridge “marinate” to allow the coils to soak up the oil, but she says to make sure to unscrew the top mouthpiece...
Thank you for this ... maybe this is that missing puzzle piece for me.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For me the pen fills a simple void. Stealth. I like the preheat pen style 510 batteries, 3 voltage options if you need higher temperatures, I think you can source them for 5-10 bucks online, the liberty v9 tanks are a real good choice for folks in Colorado or who come off the mountain regularly. The pressure change sucks when you have a pocket full of leaked oil from the bottom air hole tanks. I'm sure they're great for folks living on the coast or at sea level but my experience going from 8k to 5.5k elevation is enough to be an issue. Recovering oil from the liberty tanks is nice too, can just sit them upside down on parchment, hit them with a hair dryer if necessary. I've cleaned them and the flavor doesn't really seem to improve, so I agree with others these tanks are not meant for prolonged use. 2-3ml through them and move on. I've done pure distillate no problems but I like terpenes so I always add at least 1 drop per fill.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
This is the first time I’ve heard of this. Thank you for explaining that... It makes sense in a vague way for me- sounds like by sealing it, it creates a vacuum and makes it less likely for the oil to leak out ...
I’ll try this, especially since you said that you’ve had leakage when NOT doing it this way. Sounds very promising.
Speaking of information being hard to find...when I found this method on YouTube, she says to actually do it the opposite- to let your cartridge “marinate” to allow the coils to soak up the oil, but she says to make sure to unscrew the top mouthpiece...
Thank you for this ... maybe this is that missing puzzle piece for me.

Yeah I love those space cases, Chris & Danielle
They are right about half the time, lol.
I can only say what actually happens to me & friends.
Carts with cCells & no cotton wick NEED BIG Wicking Holes.
Thinner oils, cut, need smaller holes if no old school wicks.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
For me the pen fills a simple void. Stealth. I like the preheat pen style 510 batteries, 3 voltage options if you need higher temperatures, I think you can source them for 5-10 bucks online, the liberty v9 tanks are a real good choice for folks in Colorado or who come off the mountain regularly. The pressure change sucks when you have a pocket full of leaked oil from the bottom air hole tanks. I'm sure they're great for folks living on the coast or at sea level but my experience going from 8k to 5.5k elevation is enough to be an issue. Recovering oil from the liberty tanks is nice too, can just sit them upside down on parchment, hit them with a hair dryer if necessary. I've cleaned them and the flavor doesn't really seem to improve, so I agree with others these tanks are not meant for prolonged use. 2-3ml through them and move on. I've done pure distillate no problems but I like terpenes so I always add at least 1 drop per fill.

I just don't care for the taste on those V9 carts.
Nice the way they open up to scoop distillate straight in.
My bud soaks them in ISO & have filled them 6x
No cotton,blow dry iso out with hair dryer.
Good as new in 1 day.
The Apex labs ccells taste WAY better & are 1 gram
They just fill the need when I am out on Tennis Court.

Jenelle

Haaaa that’s funny you knew exactly who I was talking about.
My hope in c cell is renewed :) Every time I manage to get a prefilled c cell, there is no comparison to any other cartridge I’ve had... they hit way stronger, and taste better.
They're just what I need - small, stealthy and there is no need to cut it with anything.

420democrat

What are you putting in this thing? Straight distillate? It looks interesting, but nowhere on their site does it say what substance it was made for other than ejuice. Will it vape thick distillate? Their site is another one that does not specify what substances can be vaped in the tank.
My veco has seen and conquered straight distillate, terpy distillate, and a few diff shatter batter mixes it vapes my thick uncut distallate without missing a beat

Concupiscient

@Jenelle - Licks works for me. Tried another early on, forgot the name. First followed the microwave instruction, but no more. Low heat infusion works better (see PSam's stuff. BIG HELP in that part of this forum!

Home research with experienced guidance from here is the way to go - but my natural screw up tendency is to add or do something else wastefully inspirationall. Part of learning - Always tryin to make it better.

Have seen better results in my research using, e.g. 5 parts licks to 1 part concentrate; in the aspire mini w/1.8 thingy. Not sayin it will work 4 U ...

Each research day is different - expect mistakes - keep sampling sizes small ( yeah , concupy, good advice not followed often by self) - enjoy what works 4 U.

A baked poster posting gibberish

Last edited:

Jenelle

Yep. I’ve had to come to accept that I have wasted oil and might have to conduct a few more experiments but hoping the next one is it for me. The next try for me is to use @tennisguru1’s method of heating the oil, then sealing it within 30 seconds.
But it’s good to know I’m not the only one experimenting- and sometimes losing precious product!
If this works, I’ll be posting a hallelujah.

grampa_herb

Yep. I’ve had to come to accept that I have wasted oil

Just say 10 Hail Mary's. :)

I just don't care for the taste on those V9 carts.
Nice the way they open up to scoop distillate straight in.
My bud soaks them in ISO & have filled them 6x
No cotton,blow dry iso out with hair dryer.
Good as new in 1 day.

Your buddy has refilled 6 times. So far? Or they give out after that?

I pulled one V9 apart which suddenly tasted really bad. A thin crack could be seen through the ceramic coil.

grampa_herb,
Reactions: Jenelle

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Just say 10 Hail Mary's. :)

Your buddy has refilled 6 times. So far? Or they give out after that?

I pulled one V9 apart which suddenly tasted really bad. A thin crack could be seen through the ceramic coil.

Mike's on his 3rd iso soak & 4td gram.
But he likes WL also, lol.
I gave him my V9's , gross metal taste for me.

Lord Fakenvapen

Hi, i am old and new to FC and super new to this group.
Lately been using v12.
Treesx or bloom
Dist
Everthing wrong with 1-11 was corrected by this cartridge. The “v12tubes” conveniently screw onto the larger threads making a protective end.
I have refilled mine the 4th time.
Prefer spinner 2

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The only thing I dislike about my .5ml v9's is that I would prefer not to use disposable components. I go through about a cart a month. Since I mostly vape at 3.3V and the clouds are more than enough for me, what else would I stand to gain by using a Veco? I don't care about taste much but would it really get me higher? Is it more efficient?

Just soak in ISO good as new

tennisguru1,

grampa_herb

My veco has seen and conquered straight distillate, terpy distillate, and a few diff shatter batter mixes it vapes my thick uncut distallate without missing a beat

OK, sounds intriguing enough to splurge $30 (on sale now). Just ordered the Veco Solo starter kit.

I'm tired of the "chimney creep", and I don't mean Santa Claus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom