Ban on 'Synthetic Marijuana' Approved in Kansas

StickyShisha2

Anyone heard of "K2" or "Spice"? Curious what it looks like and what area people are seeing it in?

The Kansas state House and Senate have voted in favor of a measure that would criminalize possession of a product called K2 or Spice, which some have characterized as a form of synthetic marijuana.

The http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/1699773.html Kansas City Star reported Jan. 21 that the measure, passed 36-1 in the Senate, would make Kansas the first state to ban K2 and similar products. The http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/1724310.html Star reported on Feb. 2 that the state House also voted to approve a K2 ban, and was working to reconcile the two versions of the bill in order to send it to the governor for approval.

Lawmakers said they wanted to ban the product before it had a chance to grow in popularity.

StickyShisha2,

FEAR420

Im pretty sure the K2 is a Kratom extract...why they would criminalize it I dont understand...

FEAR420,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Well if marijuana is illegal, it would make sense that any synthetic would soon follow down the same path.
If you have something that is illegal, and you make something to take its place. Something that serves the exact same purpose. Eventually it will be viewed in the same light as what it was meant to replace.
So if you have something illegal, put in a legal alternative, it is only a matter of time that the alternative is made illegal too.

One thing you also have to consider, All of these synthetics are primarily used by Kids and the likes. Anything that has a pyschoactive effect in it when used by kids eventually becomes banned.
You also have to look at the fact no one knows what the long term effects of these synthetics are. For all you know there could be way more toxins and bad things in them than in pot.

Now I am in the thought of kids shouldn't partake in the MJ. I think you should not use any drug until your brain finishes developing, which is late teens to early twenties when that finally is done. However, You can't stop kids from experimenting, no matter how hard you try. And if there were going to partake I would rather kids smoked MJ than this synthetic crap. At least some of the time you know what is in the MJ (Sometimes you dont know what is in it either if it is from a questionable source)

DevoTheStrange,

aero18

vaporist
DevoTheStrange said:
Now I am in the thought of kids shouldn't partake in the MJ. I think you should not use any drug until your brain finishes developing, which is late teens to early twenties when that finally is done. However, You can't stop kids from experimenting, no matter how hard you try. And if there were going to partake I would rather kids smoked MJ than this synthetic crap. At least some of the time you know what is in the MJ (Sometimes you dont know what is in it either if it is from a questionable source)
The brain completes most of its development in the early to mid 20s, not teens. On board with everything else you said!

Cannabis has been shown to negatively affect the brain during development, which is why adults should only partake of the drug. Another reason for regulation...

aero18,

no1_2talk2

i've tried it and it was a pretty good alternative but it cost $25 for 3 gram bag, since this law has passed i have seen websites that sold it just up and disappear and others raised the prices to @$80 for that same 3 gram bag..i have seen some sites still have it for $30 for the 3 gram bag, but in the lime light of this law being passed i learned it wasn't all natural mixture of herbs as advertised..it is sprayed w/some chemical right befor being bagged! heres a website that tells about it:

http://k2wholesale.com/

they have banned flavored cigs as well, like clove smokes and vanilla & cherry flavored cigs b/c they said it was targeted at kids..menthol dodged the bullet...b/c obama smokes menthols so i've heard!

no1_2talk2,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
The stuff is not synthetic marijuana or an analogue chemical. It is Kratom. Here is a link from Erowid

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

It really is not anything to write home about. Matter of fact, all it did was give me a headache, and we were using Kratom extract over 3 years ago. It's basically garbage, and not work 25$/eighth, let alone $80.

Tom

tdavie,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
K2 was in the news locally recently... The shops were not requiring you to be 18 to purchase it and some high school kids were using it, several ended up at the hospital within a week or so.

A young adult friend also tried it and told me his heart was racing...he thought he was going to have a heart attack. Oddly enough he only bought/tried it after he read the news about the high school kids ending up in hospital after using it.

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
K2 isn't Kratom. It's a blend of herbs.

"The base herbal & botanical ingredients for all of the blends include:
Canavalia rosea, Clematis vitalba, Nelumbo nucifera, Pedicularis grandifolia, Heimia salicifolia, Leonurus sibiricus and Ledum palustre."
http://www.k2-incense.com/what-is/

max,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I knew a person in high school that tried to smoke cheetos (with varying success lol) one time because he was bored.

Durden,

no1_2talk2

i've tried the k2 summit and its a high alot like MJ & it seems to be selling for @ $10/gram online & in the headshop...its funny you brought up salvia..they sell it here in the headshop also in 1 gram little containers..in 20x, 40x, 60x, & 80x concentrate..its $50 a gram for the 80x & goes down about $10 a gram as u get the weaker concentrates.

i acctually tried some a few days ago..it was a 60x concentration and it almost made me black out..i can only describe it as auditory hallucinations..sounded like the donkey kong video game..beep beep beep..i likened it to huffing fumes..i've never huffed any gas but have been around extraction plants and it felt like i had inhaled too much hexane..it was weird & trippy off of 2 light hits..the people who had it thought it was the bee's knees..i said no..after i regained myself..almost like i imagine acid would be..can't be good for you..this is it right here:

http://purplestickysalvia.com/product.php?cat=1

it says on the label not for human consumption..they insisted that meant eating it when i tried to explain it was meant as incense and they shouldn't be smoking it..it only lasted 5-10 min and then gave me a headache..they were cashing a bowl and passing out on the couch for 10-15 mins..wake up and want to do it again..i told them they were crazy!..the k2 is supossed to be incense also but people are smoking it, like i said i've tried it also..its nothing like salvia..the k2 was mellow and i felt high..so high i knew better than to drive!

no1_2talk2,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
max said:
K2 isn't Kratom. It's a blend of herbs.

"The base herbal & botanical ingredients for all of the blends include:
Canavalia rosea, Clematis vitalba, Nelumbo nucifera, Pedicularis grandifolia, Heimia salicifolia, Leonurus sibiricus and Ledum palustre."
http://www.k2-incense.com/what-is/
My mistake, I apologize. The Leonurus sibiricus contains Leonurine, which is also found in Wild Dagga (Daggia?). That I have not tried.

Here is a reference 'Leonurine is one of the chemical constituents of the South African plant Leonotis leonurus. It is a psychoactive alkaloid found in species Leonotis nepetifolia, Leonotis artemisia as well as other plants of family Lamiaceae. Leonurine is easily extracted into water, as well as from the effective component of Leonurus sibiricus'.

Tom

tdavie,

no1_2talk2

tdavie, i read your signature, how do they know what a ''2 week supply'' is? for different people that could vary wildly?

no1_2talk2,

toxicc

E11001420
K2 is not kratom, it is a mix of herbs with added synthetic cannabinoids, like jwh-018. Don't waste your time with these chemicals they sucks. Vape GANJA!

toxicc,

Qbit

cannabanana
tdavie said:
My mistake, I apologize. The Leonurus sibiricus contains Leonurine,
I don't know who this Leon guy is, but I don't wan't him peeing on my herb.

Qbit,
Top Bottom