Awesome radio shows

tuttle

I saw this in the Purple Days thread, and was about to respond there, but didn't want to pull it too far OT, so I started a new thread to post your favorite radio shows. Here is what Tom said which started it:

Been listening to a couple of tracks of the new Hendrix on IJPR.org ... Jefferson Public Radio. The State Of Jefferson, out here on the 'Lost Coast' . Check out their shows on your own, we get the Rythm and News repeater and the Classical repeater on our FM band but you can listen to it all over the world. Lots of different tunes from Johnny Cash to African rythms. Please support Public Radio. I listen to Open Air 9-3 every day in the shop and follow that up with Fresh Air with Terry Gross, then All Things Considered till 6 PM. World Cafe follows and may have about anybody. Jeff Beck the other day...
Tune in, turn on . . .
www.ijpr.org/SectionIndex.asp?SectionID=1013
RadioLab - another awesome NPR / PRI show. A mix between This American Life and Science Friday. It is produced by WNYC, and is available on iTunes. If you have never heard it, you need to check it out.

This American Life - almost goes without saying. Simply fantastic, there is no better radio than then cop vs. squirrel (ep. #115 "First Day"), so good. Produced by WBEZ, also available on iTunes

What are your faves that we all need to hear?

tuttle,
Hearts of Space - fantastic and ethereal. http://www.hos.com.

The producer/presenter Stephen Hill has the most relaxing voice too. Not free to stream but you can find torrents of the themed one-hour shows with titles like "Cruising to the Sea of Glass" "Celtic Millennium" and "Paleomusic."

Very cool when vaked.

Howie Feltersnatch,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Favorite radio showsl

1) Fibber McGee & Molly
2) Lights Out
3) Inner Sanctum
4) Dimension X
5) X Minus 1
6) The Aldrich Family

7)....my personal fav.... Quiet Please

Tom

tdavie,

Purple-Days

Weekends are pretty cool on our PBS station.

I really enjoy Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz. I try not to miss this one. Born in 1918 and entertained WW2 troops in Europe, 92 years old and she can still play a helluva tune. Her guests are always great. She is a sharp interviewer too. Knows everybody who was anybody. :cool:

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom