• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AtmosRaw

VapNoobie

Ok, so if my name did'nt give it away, I'm new to all this vape stuff. Just got an Atmos Raw yesterday and so far have to say I'm pretty dissapointed. I did make sure to get one that included the glass screen. Problem is, when I use the screen I don't seem to be able to get anything when using herb. The only way I can get a hit from the thing is by removing the glass, and adding the spring back in. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, does the thing work for waxes? Do I need any attachments to do so? It seems like putting the wax directly onto the coil would make a mess and break the thing?

VapNoobie,

ripbabey

Well its been almost a week. Problems have started to arise, leaving me not so happy with my purchase. Luckily it was only 30 bucks. My chamber element is still turning orange and the chamber gets hot, and every once in a while i get some vape now. The battery life could be my fault since i used it before charging the battery the full six hours. But when struggling to have a good vape session with it, the battery has quit on me, leaving me left to get a glass piece. Boooo i was loving vaping.

I ordered a new heating chamber , hopefully this helps. I get really fresh stuff, so im guessing it may have to much moisture and taking to long to heat up properly. it just gets really hard to smoke out of. Im having to take drags that seem over a minute long and that gets really hard and old.

Still learning a technique for this thing as well. I noticed if you want that element to stay red hot, hold the button down for about 7 seconds at first than every 2 or 3 seconds let the button go.really quick and press again while inhaling. I noticed if you wait till it blinks, the coil cools down and has to reheat again. The technique above describes how to keep it red hot through hour whole drag. Though im not sure how that might or might not benefit.

All and all , this may make a great personal, at lunch break piece , if you want to use it as your main and only source of vape though it seems impratical. its derinitely more for maybe reupping or somewhere you dont want to combust and be descreet,

After review of the new chambers heating element, my old one by old meaning less than a week. Is half as orange as the new one when hot. After loading the new one , it vaped great. not sure what happened to the old one and now worry about the new one, and any of these chambers life spans.

Week and half or so in, my battery is crap, 72 hours of continuous use, hahaha im lucky to get 10 mins and a decent effect going. So i called my tobacco shop that sells the atmos. I asked if he sold extra batteries for the atmos. He said yea, but they are not atmos brand. He said however they fit and work great. He also sold extra heating chambers. I know the rx and the jr can swap parts, and new the rx had a bigger chamber so thought i would take a look.

I came in and he showed me thr batteries, they were nice, good guy to, he had a real nice one with lcd screen to tell you the charge and current voltage. He went to test the battery, it was a dud and the only one of that type. So he starts explaining that these batteries not only hold more of a charge, it also has variable voltage so where the original atmos batteries put out 3.7 i can now go to 4.8 :-) this battery cost 30$.

Here is where it got funny. I than asked about the heating chamber. He showed me it, wierd name o. It but all seemed legit. What i noticed is, the chamber came with the all the mouth pieces to. Why is this funny? The chamber cost 15$ lol.

Now if your following me, i basically just purchased the better version of atmos for 45$ now this time im letting this battery sit for 6 hours. So when its time to try it out, ill give you a new update.

ripbabey,

Caligula

Maximus
plumbing1.jpg

ripbabey

Week and half or so in, my battery is crap, 72 hours of continuous use, hahaha im lucky to get 10 mins and a decent effect going. So i called my tobacco shop that sells the atmos. I asked if he sold extra batteries for the atmos. He said yea, but they are not atmos brand. He said however they fit and work great. He also sold extra heating chambers. I know the rx and the jr can swap parts, and new the rx had a bigger chamber so thought i would take a look.

I came in and he showed me thr batteries, they were nice, good guy to, he had a real nice one with lcd screen to tell you the charge and current voltage. He went to test the battery, it was a dud and the only one of that type. So he starts explaining that these batteries not only hold more of a charge, it also has variable voltage so where the original atmos batteries put out 3.7 i can now go to 4.8 :-) this battery cost 30$.

Here is where it got funny. I than asked about the heating chamber. He showed me it, wierd name o. It but all seemed legit. What i noticed is, the chamber came with the all the mouth pieces to. Why is this funny? The chamber cost 15$ lol.

Now if your following me, i basically just purchased the better version of atmos for 45$ now this time im letting this battery sit for 6 hours. So when its time to try it out, ill give you a new update.

OK well guy at the shop was a idiot. The battery worked with the heating chamber I bought from him, but atmos uses a 710 threading and this battery was actually for a ago or ego pen which is a 510 thread. So I returned it, unfortunately stuck with the useless chamber. A new atmos Jr cost me 20$ after returning the batt. So 45$ for a new one from a authorized dealer (warranty now) :-)

So my atmos Jr is back to hitting like a champ. This time I charged the battery the full six hours, still crapped out on me fairly quick. Was about to give up lol. Charged the battery for 8 hours , I than finally got 44 full drags off it (holding the button down every time till it starts blinking) seemed to want to go longer after my last charge but I was using it and lost count oops lol.

So now I am happy with my atmos. I get amazing tasting hits off it, the herbs that fall through the little holes I'm the glass screen will burn if they fall through to the element. Depending on how hard you packed it , if this little bit of combustion happens, the rest of your herbs can start to combust as you keep dragging. You can clearly tell when your getting Vape or smoke. This especially seems to happen the more you Vape the herbs as they become drier. If you than mix the leafs in the chamber and than repack. If you pack to tight, the even drier herb will break and slip through the holes in the glass and start combustion. These so far are the only scenarios that have caused combustion in my pen.

So as of right now , its working for me. However I am a heavy smoker, about a q a week. What I find hard with this piece is feeling like you achieved the desired effect. I usually gauged with combustion by whether I could stop coughing long enough to take another hit lol. But they are such smooth hits out of this thing its really hard to tell especially if you are reupping the effects of a previous session.

Also if your battery does crap out and they won't send you a new one. You can go online. Search eBay for "510 to 710 adapter" this will allow you to use the vast amount of batteries that use 510 thread. They have variable voltage batteries that are much bigger, which put out more power than the standard atmos battery.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Has anyone tried BHO in the AtmosRaw?
That's how I used it. Threw the herb oven out on day 1.

@Caligula nice, I wish I could find a use for mine. Probably gonna give it away. I can't believe you own up to owning a gpen. I had a cloud once though, generic version of the original gpen (no threading little flat one), so I guess we are even.

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
That's how I used it. Threw the herb oven out on day 1.

@Caligula nice, I wish I could find a use for mine. Probably gonna give it away.

Yes, I should take a picture. The GPen battery and Ti KISS together are still a few cm shorter than the Ophos without a cart on it, and with the Ophos skirt, its seamless. No exposed threading. Draw is more restricted, however its workable. Heats up about = to the Ophos as well.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I have two aftermarket oil chambers. I literally never even used the herb chamber. Straight into trash it went. The pen works ok for oil, but was not up to my medication levels.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: swiss

ripbabey

I don't know what's so bad about owning one. It really does work for me, I get the effects I get no smell from my clouds , and my herbs come out golden . its a pain in the arse to use, having to draw extremely slow for a long amount of time. But when you do get that good hit , its nice lol. Its not the best piece I suppose , besides a volcano the only other vaperizer I have used is this pen, which produces the same good taste the volcano did. You just really need two batteries and a lot of patience to get really good effects off it. But if I wanted to use it out and about I feel very comfortable using it . just hate the long long long draws you have to take off this thing. Really only good for reupping the effects you'll be more frustrated trying to get a really good effect going from normal. If you have a high tolerance at least like me.

ripbabey,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
You know you can get the exact same thing from fastech for Less than $20 battery included. and the heating elements are 17 $ for 5 of them. I too have an atmos on the dark shelf.

Soflo,

Xenemorph

Guys, I want to share my experience with you if you're interested in buying this product.

When I originally searched on Google for good vaporizers, I was come by many reviews that said the Omicron/Persei or Pax vaporizer is terrific. I was looking into getting the Persei with the appropriate attachments, but I quickly lost my interest after looking at all the attachments I would have to purchase to do all the things I wanted to do with it. Afterward, I tried making a thread asking other members what they thought I should do.

I was basically told I should get two different vapes as I could save money that way.

Anyway, I almost didn't buy a vape at all, but I decided to go look back at my original searches again. The AtmosRx Raw seemed to be my best choice since it was around $100. So I looked it up on eBay, and I saw multiple for sale for even cheaper. $40, 50. They were new too so I became suspicious of it being counterfeit. I went with the least shady looking listing that was a little bit more expensive and it said it was the "newer" version. That's always good, so I bought it, along with a glass screen everyone said I needed to have if I didn't want the vape to nuke the whole thing. So I bought that, and I bought the cartridge for oils.

I charged it for 6 hours, read the manual. I didn't have any herbs, so I tried out the cartridge and it worked pretty good for my e-liquid. Way better already than the $60 vape my friend bought to quit smoking.

A friend came over, and I decided to try it with them.

• I held it for 9 seconds, let go for 3, held it for 9 seconds as instructions said
  • I started hitting it for a few seconds, and it felt exactly like the Pax Ploom
  • I was confused, as I was expecting smoke. So I re-did the 9 second instructions
  • I continued hitting it, and I didn't realize how high it was getting me

Anyway, I kept tinkering with it as I expected it to combust, like everyone else said it would. My friend was disappointed for "not seeing any smoke" and I tried explaining to him that this was a magically good result based on all the reviews I've read, but I was way too high to convey the message.

This gets a 5/5 from me so far.
Terrific vape for the price, and far exceeded what I expected. Will update.

Some questions I had before buying, answered:
  • What will I need to use liquids?
    Just buy one of the cartridges for about $10-20
  • Can I use this to vape herbs straight out the box?
    It's recommended you get a glass screen so you don't combust the material
  • Where can I get this really cheap?
    eBay, I would recommend newer version listings
  • How long does the battery last?
    Well, so far I've hit about 2 whole eliquid cartridges and some herb without a problem. (edit) Looks like that's about as much as it does since I just had to recharge it

If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask me, because I remember posting in the Persei thread and getting no response so I don't want you to feel frustrated like I did.

Last edited:
Xenemorph,

Xenemorph

Hey,

Newbie here,

I'm looking at getting a portable vaporizer, I found this smokazon.com. Any thoughts? Please Help. Thank you!

Get it, but don't get it from that site. You can find it much cheaper. Go ahead and read my reply above yours, it should help you decide if it's right for you.

Xenemorph,

Wizsteve

this is the only item i bought that gave that ripped off feeling buyer beware ended up using it for e juice
the battery is a joke button now held on with tape and only used for week before i needed the tape.

Wizsteve,

ThatGuyUSA

So yeah....i wish I came across this forum BEFORE i just bought my atmos junior...but we shall see...the vape shop gave me a free glass screen to go with it. I just have one comment though. If there are so many people that hate on the atmos, why did high times magazine give it best vaporizer of 2013?

I have done one load of dry direct on the element, with minor combustion. about 4 hours left before I will disconnect from charger to try with the glass screen installed.

ThatGuyUSA,

borrax

I couldn’t find any reviews online about these pens except for a youtube video that just showed a guy taking a hit, and another showing a girl loading wax into an oil pen and saying it tastes like burn paper so I decided to share my anecdotes as I don’t have enough experience with all the vapes yet to call this a review. i am fairly new to vaping but id like to share my experience so far with the atmos optimus v2 and atmos jewel. Being new to vaping I only have experience with these units that I've been playing with for about a month…
i-Qs2QCzG-M.jpg

some background: I was always previously an opponent of vaporizers due to their perceived poor performance. Friends of mine had bought things like box type vapes and g-pens but we were dumb and didn’t realize they were made for was/oil. Needless to say they didn’t really work and we quickly broke them filling them with herb. I decided that vapes are total bullshit and are just a novelty. Years later my roommate showed me his oil dabbing rig which made me realize I was wrong about vaping. I quickly learned that it is basically impossible to smoke in public or while driving which made me pursue electronic means again.

I still can recommend vaping straight weed though, even if you have a volcano or raw or w/e. for no other reason than that once the weed has be vaped I feel like the thc isn’t completely gone yet so I end up smoking it anyway instead of wasting it…. Defeating the purpose of vaping.

Anyway, I didn’t some internet research on vapes. I found one I liked called the atmos optimus V2 and got one from lighter usa for $60. Also got some extra cartridges because I figured I was new and going to accident one or two. When I got it I filled in up with some flavored oil I ordered as well and tried it and exhaled a cloud of grape vapor. There was exponentially more vapor than what I would get off a herb vaporizer. Oh man I couldn’t wait to try some co2 oil I had ordered.

i-mXdWGMx-M.jpg

(tank in pic is stained brown from oil experiments. It was originally tinted gray)

The optimus v2 cartridge it better looking than anything on the market as of this writing. Its shaped sort of like a laval lamp that perfectly matches. The battery also has that rubber coating on high end electronics. Atmos assured me that they are disposable but they look and feel like high quality reusable tanks. The bottom metal part is heavy and generally feels much higher quality than the optimus v1 cartridges. The cartridge is a “wickless” design. There is a wick but it is internal, hidden behind the holes in the center pipe. They seem to work about the same as wicked cartridges but they look nicer…even though the wicks are invisible when in oil. Also the cartridges do not leak at all, even when shaken. They don’t require drip tip caps and I felt comfortable carrying them loose in a pocket. I'm not paying your dry cleaning if one does leak though.

i-vMWMdsR-M.jpg

(optimus v2, optimus v1, generic)

After I got my co2 oil in, I quickly learned that it needs to be thinned in order to be smoked. This was not as simple as adding PG to wax and heating. I broke a few carts in the process however but this gave me the chance to take them apart. They are surprisingly resilient. I had to hit it with a hammer pretty hard in order to get the plastic loose then use vice grips to wiggle the plastic sleeve off then hammer everything else to see what’s inside. Atmos says the tank is glass but that is clearly wrong. It is some kind of acrylic that doesn’t crack when hit directly with a hammer. You can see in the pictures they barely distorted. You can also see the internal wick which I burnt accidently.

i-334kXFC-M.jpg

i-FLXk5m8-M.jpg

I unfortunately broke all three of my cartridges doing oil experiments and they are on backorder currently so I have been using optimus v1 cartridges. They work great just don’t look anywhere near as good. Atmos threads and g-pen threads are the same so g-pen attachments work great and vice versa. The edges are not flush however but it doesn’t look terrible. The optimus v2 battery lasts about 1 ¾ tanks of oil (PG) in my experience.

i-3jJxwqt-M.jpg

(optimus v2 battery w/ optimus v1 cartridge)

i-V936BJ8-M.jpg

(optimus v2 battery w/ g-coil attachment)

I became frustrated trying to make e-liquid out of my wax and I figured that I should just use a wax attachment until I figure out e liquid (reading many threads on it now). My local head shop doesn’t carry atmos only g-pen but no big deal because they are compatible. I picked up a g-coil and immediately put it to work. It worked great……for a while. After a few rounds with the g-coil it began to be really hard to pull. When I opened it up a found the mouthpiece screen to be completely caked with resisn/waxi tried cleaning it with alcohol and also with a lighter, trying to smoke it like a roach (not recommended); and while it was better, it was never as good as new. I finally decided to drill it out only to discover a charcoal filter in the tip. As you can imagine this basically turn into concrete after absorbing wax and cooling. Reinforcements were needed….

i-cN3KxCw-M.jpg

This is the atmos jewel. I ordered one to act as a temporary while I figure out my oil supply problem. It is quickly becoming my favorite thing ever. The pictures on websites are misleading, this thing is tiny. It can easily be cuffed in a hand and discreetly smoked as it just looks like you are holding your fist to your mouth. It has the same high end rubber coating as the v2 and the rubber tip is soft like an eraser.

i-6hqk59p-M.jpg

Judging from the online photos I was expecting the jewel to hold more wax, like over .5 gr. I was way off, it hold nowhere near that amount. It still holds significantly more than a g-coil does though. I wanted a unit that can make I through a day of constant smoking without repacking. This was a pipe dream. The most it realistically holds about a bowls worth. Like 3-4 solid hits, or around 10 girl hits. As with most vapes, you can feel the inhale until it’s too late.

i-tjZw2C8-M.jpg

The heating coil is relatively large. It is shaped like an electric stove flat coil that I assume increases surface area and thus vapor. I've learned the best way to load the camber is to take your wax and squeeze it into a small round ball no bigger than a small pea, having a ball shape burns the most efficiently. If you simple pack wax gently into the camber it will clog as there isn’t enough room for the air to pass through. In retrospect, I was probably using too much in the g-coil, causing it to clog as well. More on that in a minute.

i-4nMqPQD-M.jpg

(the ceramic bowl on the jewel is gigantic compared to the g-coil.)

Keep in mind that only the white part of the heating camber is the ceramic part. On the jewel it extends all the way to the top of the camber while the g-coil barely extends past the coil. Actually I think the coil from the jewel is larger than the whole g-coil ceramic chamber.

i-LH3FHvM-M.jpg

The jewel also has much less restrictive air flow. You can see in the pic that there are many holes in the jewel that go directly to the heating element and the mouth piece has five large open holes. By comparison, the g-coil pulls air from 4 holes on top that travel to the bottom of the camber first. The main culprit is the mouth piece however. The g-coil mouth piece will clog very quickly as mentioned before. The jewel mouth piece pulls apart and can be cleaned easily. Also, as common sense might tell you, you have to hold the wax pens vertically so the wax melts into the heating coil and not your mouth. Both pens will immediately clog if you do that. Both mouth pieces will clog from regular use too as some wax splashes up when inhaling.

There is a bit of a learning curve to this as the heating element only gets to full temp after about 10 seconds. I usually hold button for 5 sec before inhaling let go and repress to reset safety and inhale until I collapse. After your 3rd button press (20+ sec) it gets really intense. It reminds me of one of those video game weapons that starts really weak but gets stronger the longer you shoot it. At this level the hits are as strong if not stronger than dabs. Also as with any vape the slower you inhale the less air gets mixed with the vapor and the stronger the hit. The battery is relatively short lived but it works out because you don’t really hit this as much as an oil pen.

TL;DR

I like atmos optimus v2 and jewel because they look good perform decently and are very discreet. I also made pictures

I hope this helps

borrax,

ThatGuyUSA

so its been a few days. I have come to the conclusion that the atmos junior is fairly worthless for dry, but for was its ok. The coil gets completely immersed in wax as it melts so you must keep slowly sucking on the mouthpiece to keep oxygen flowing through the chamber to let the coil get air to burn with. Otherwise if you let it sit ant cook then the wax just turns black and funky tasting, and you have to clean the coil with a wet Qtip or something similar.
Overall I wish I got a different product, but I am happy now that I have learned how to was with the pen. I just REALLY wanted to believe it would work well with dry...

ThatGuyUSA,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom