Athlete Vaporists?

Knewt

Another early morning ride for the parasites and I.

53105060566_c5792edc9f_c.jpg

53105266329_4725906f43_c.jpg

CANtalk

Luv the MTB ride pics, thx for sharing!

I was out earlier today on the MTB for a 19 mile loop including the top two difficult local trails back to back. A beautiful day & after the trip I'm vaping some strong sativa Trainwreck :science::clap:. Great to mix the runners high with a cannabis high

It was really nice to get out, stop thinking about things & burn some calories outdoors for a few hours. Summer goes fast! Have a great weekend

:peace: :leaf:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Folks here enjoy workout, biking & running mostly.
Me personally into mountain running & all skating: dh, ramp and pump track.
Vaping only afterwards (if on board)

Very nice. I think I'll fit in then. I climb at a gym and do additional training there. I also love mountain biking (well, Midwest US version. But still) and just biking in general. I also love hiking.

CANtalk

Oota seems Google proof for mapping @Knewt lol, don't know where it's at s but looks excellent 🌠

It's great to hear from everyone, keep it coming :clap::nod:

I didn't get out exercising as much as I wanted recently, but I'm still getting out regularly 👍. Put in >40 miles in the last two days while seemingly always hitting the top two difficult trails in the area :rockon:. Yesterday was a struggle, today went pretty awesome for after that :luv:. Got out back to back days to avoid some potential rain, tomorrow will be a good break :)

After the MTB trip I added some quality Durban Poison in the vape, feeling awesome :love: :science: :evil:.

HAF so sorry for any spelling / grammar issues :razz:

TGIF & have a great weekend, cheers

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
do any of you ebike people (or others) know about reducing the wheels on a Trek Townie from 26" to 24"? spouse is short-ish and after her fall/fracture end of last April i am looking for ways to get her feet more stable on the ground when ebike is stopped - e.g. at a highway crossing - the cause of her April event. she rides flat terrain country roads - only uses 1 speed. i think there is more than adequate clearance for the pedals at 1" closer to the ground, but i don't bike, so what do i know?

Hippie Dickie,

CANtalk

Wow, fall is coming quick ⏩. I hope everyone is getting out and enjoying the outdoors :). What's going on out there !

I'm still enjoying the MTB & hitting the local trails regularly 🚵‍♂️. Today I got out for another ~17 miles and it was excellent. I managed the cardio killer trail without stopping again & found it a little easier this time as well :rockon:. I plan to get out soon again.

Cheers

Last edited:

CANtalk

Nice to see fellow riders out! Pretty quiet here. I've been enjoying some beautiful fall weather on the local trails with the MTB ☀️☀️. Was tired yesterday, but I still dragged myself out and enjoyed another 17 mile trip. Get outside & enjoy. Have a great weekend

CANtalk,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

7 or so months in can't deny I've avoided a number of uncomfortable falls (tip overs especially) thanks to flat pedals. they come with their challenges but bailing out is not one of them :tup:

GetLeft,
Reactions: Knewt

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Hello Everyone! Been a while since I popped in. I started this thread over 11 years ago and I'm chuffed to see it's still going strong. I love catching up on all the inspirational posts. Nice to see everyone sharing their experiences and encouraging others.

For those interested, just over 5 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease--a rare form of inflammatory arthritis. Anywho, I have it managed well now mostly thanks to dietary changes. None of the medication I tried did much to help. I'm now at a point where I'm physically and (most importantly), mentally ready to get back at it.

Cheers to you all!

fangorn

Hello Everyone! Been a while since I popped in. I started this thread over 11 years ago and I'm chuffed to see it's still going strong. I love catching up on all the inspirational posts. Nice to see everyone sharing their experiences and encouraging others.

For those interested, just over 5 years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease--a rare form of inflammatory arthritis. Anywho, I have it managed well now mostly thanks to dietary changes. None of the medication I tried did much to help. I'm now at a point where I'm physically and (most importantly), mentally ready to get back at it.

Cheers to you all!

wow, very cool that you come back more than a decade after creating this thread!!

and it's positive to hear that you're seriously considering getting back into it... well done for the last few years!

Nothing to see, but I'm making progress in my fitness...
I think the last time I was here was before last winter when I stopped completely...
I started again in April (winter is long here 😂) and apart from a 6-week break for a neck injury... I maintained a rhythm of once or twice a week.

Before winter I would struggle to do 5km in 35 to 40 minutes...
I get the same level of satisfaction/fatigue over 8km in 50 minutes.
I tried having my son accompany me on a bike once... it made me take 4 breaks and run faster... and I tested it with my daughter in a stroller... it was intense ! after these experiences, I reached 9km. But today, 8km is a good threshold for me.

my wish is to be able to do a 10km race before winter... and to manage to go out later in the year... maybe December if the winter is not too cold! (ah... and to stop using electronic cigarettes too...!)

It's crazy that I managed to do without sport for so long... it's so good!

CANtalk

Nice to see people outdoors & enjoying some exercise, cheers :tup:

MTB season is nearly over again here. And the local 7 day forecast does not look good for riding, as fall then winter approaches. I was able to get out on the MTB pretty regularly since I last posted ~3 weeks ago, although I did have to take some extra breaks due to smoky conditions, etc..

Seeing the end-of-season coming most recently spurred me to get out for a big MTB ride, I took the initiative on the most recent nice weather day & managed ~40 miles in beautiful fall colors 🍁🍂🍁. It was an awesome trip & experience, though it beat me down pretty hard. A few days later now, I'm still recovering.

I also surpassed 1000 miles on the MTB this year
Happy Birthday Yes GIF

I averaged 200 miles per month over five months this year (was a late spring around here). I could have done more mileage on easier trails, but I'm a sucker for & seek out the most difficult local trails :goat:. Such great times & memories :love:.

And this year I was blessed to achieve a huge aspirational milestone after 5 years of big effort... & thousands of miles. I wasn't sure it was even possible... I'm no spring chicken lol.

I hope to get out on the MTB for two more warm days in October now, three would be awesome...

This winter, the MTB will need more servicing. I've worn out a chain this year again, and since it's my third one now on the current bike setup I expect to also replace the chainrings & cassette.

How is the outdoor exercise going for everyone?

Have a great Sunday night

fangorn

10km ✅
😁

It's been a tough work week... I needed to blow off some steam on Friday.
I was hesitant to vape a lot...or go for a run. I quickly left the house so as not to be tempted!
I'm running along a river, so I go one way... and when I think I'm halfway there, I turn around.
So I set off aiming for 7km at a brisk pace.
Arriving at 3.5km, I see that I am maintaining a good pace and that I am in good shape. there is always the return to anticipate... but I tell myself that I am close to 10km and that the opportunity will perhaps not present itself again by the start of the cold!
well I managed to maintain my pace for 8km before slowing down slightly...
Finally I ran 10km in 58 minutes!

That was my goal a year ago!
what happiness!
I can't wait to consolidate this!!!

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
no gym bros? i fell off spouse's bike about 10 years ago trying to work up a sweat - the chain slipped off - and haven't been on one since. she got an ebike and rides 10 to 15 miles per outing - maybe 3 to 4 times a week (age 75.5).

i still do NordicTrack pro skier - 30 minutes, Bowflex - 20 min, hanging bar for knee lifts 5x20, and pull ups (someday) and a dip stand 5x15. plus about 20 minutes before bed of 1x50 push ups, situps, squats, supine spine twist - eliminates lower back pain. some or all of that two or three days in a row before taking a recovery day. i can hit 152 bpm heart rate on the NT. 41 years on the NT, 11 years on the BF. age 75.5

i believe in aerobics. a full body sweat is the only thing that is real, these days. AND the bud toaster/herbal cube vaporizer, of course. that's real.

Last edited:
Top Bottom