Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

I am starting too like mine more and mire, :0

How do I get companies to send me devices for free? Starting writing all kinds of reviews?

mod note: Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.

Last edited by a moderator:
farcus2323,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
While using the gong as a mouthpiece, if I push the gong down the draw is tighter, I like a tighter draw vs a very easy draw. I really encourage folks to get the gong, I'm so glad I did. Thanks Nigel for suggesting this. It makes the experience even more enjoyable.

Norcalsun

While using the gong as a mouthpiece, if I push the gong down the draw is tighter, I like a tighter draw vs a very easy draw. I really encourage folks to get the gong, I'm so glad I did. Thanks Nigel for suggesting this. It makes the experience even more enjoyable.

Does it matter much which size you get? Is one size more universal than the other?

Norcalsun,
Reactions: CarolKing
So I just got my new ascent in the mail after my last one stopped working.

Just wanna make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Wipe down with qtip/alcohol - charge for 6 hours and do 2x 20 min burn offs at 430?

Anything else?

chester222,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Does it matter much which size you get? Is one size more universal than the other?

I have them both. I find the only difference is in the feel of it, so, personal choice...

[EDIT: Realize I didn't address the question you asked, but the question of "which is better for replacing the stock stem?" If that's all you are doing, then either is fine, will feel more sturdy/solid, and seems to produce better results (as reported from the people that have tried both). If you are looking to do that AND use the GonG with other equipment, it rather depends on what you already have as to which would be the better choice.]

Wipe down with qtip/alcohol - charge for 6 hours and do 2x 20 min burn offs at 430?

That sounds good, but as Turk pointed out, might not be necessary. But if it gives you peace of mind...

I will note that if you have stealth, to beware of ISO around the middle panel. One member caused their panel to bubble a bit, although that might have been when it was hot??

As the other 4 styles are printed, and not that rubbery material, they should be fine.

Last edited:

CarolKing

What would be a good water tool for the Ascent? You can't set the Ascent down standing up, so you would have to turn it upside down. So would a bubbler be best? Since it loses vapor from the grill, does that create problems?

I don't know much about glass, I have read through a little of the glass thread. I don't see much mention about that on this thread. Maybe most folks don't use glass pieces with the Ascent. Any thoughts?

CarolKing,

jivebuggered

I did not say I wanted it to my standards. I said if the pathway is supposed to be airtight, mine is not and that means mine is not 100%. If it not supposed to be airtight, OK. No one has definitely said if its supposed to airtight, I'm still looking for an answer. Just because it works with an air leak doesn't mean it wouldn't work better without an air leak. If you are not concerned that's OK. When I buy something I want it 100%, not 98%, not 90%. Sorry if me doing this bothers you, I'm not trying to upset anyone. I posted some of my communications with Davinci because I thought others might be interested, this has been brought up several times. Ill just keep this to myself so not to upset any forum members. Sorry.

I received one of the first batches and returned it because of too much air being sucked through the chassis mainly and a wire was visible if you looked down the air patch. Ok the company said sorry we are going to fix this we are going to cure our own silicon etc etc, it was then replaced with the second batch of units. When I received it i covered the glass screen and blew down the pathway and there was very little if any air leak. Over the months I tried daisy flowers, drilling glass holes in oil jar etc and got "fair" vapor but never found the vapor "hard hitting".
Over the months i didn`t use the Ascent much instead used the Solo more or less full time. I decided to give the Ascent another go last night and this time loaded the bowl to the max. Well what a waste that was! I reckon I got about two whispy clouds and that was it! I checked for air leaks again and you guessed it was leaking like a sieve, very disappointed. Im not going to even bother sending back Im just gonna sell it off and lose money again like all the vaps I sell off. Damn if I know WHY it suddenly started to leak air again. Im over it!

jivebuggered,

EveryDayAmnesiac

What would be a good water tool for the Ascent? You can't set the Ascent down standing up, so you would have to turn it upside down. So would a bubbler be best? Since it loses vapor from the grill, does that create problems?

I don't know much about glass, I have read through a little of the glass thread. I don't see much mention about that on this thread. Maybe most folks don't use glass pieces with the Ascent. Any thoughts?

I use mine regularly with the PNWT and the SSFG Travel Beaker with showerhead downstem.

I find that the PNWT is enough diffusion for anything under 410 F. If I go up to 430, I go to the SSFG.

Nothing fancy. :shrug:

In fact, anything fancier than that, and I'm not sure the Ascent could keep up with it anyway. I tried it with my VXL HT and it was not a success. You had to hit the HT so gently that it was pretty much a waste. My opinion, of course.

I find that there is more vapor loss when you turn it upside-down and hook it up to glass. Either way, when I use glass with the Ascent, I start inhaling before I make the GonG connection, to prevent the vapor going out the grill.

Last edited:
EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: CarolKing
I know da vinci markets ascent as a portable vape but it works so much better indoors especially in winter.

chester222,

bassman

Same as the first lasted a month 3 days ,just died
That sucks!! I was just thinking that I have not seen any problems in the last couple of weeks.So I figured they had got them right. I am on my third one and have had it almost a month and it seems to be the best one yet. I had 2 stealths to go bad so I had them send a carbon fiber model. The finish is great and it is hitting great. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have noticed one thing while being on this forum that everyone that have released a new portable vape have had a few teething problems. Not much consulation but it kind of eases the pain to have to send it back. I don't think there are any problem proof truly portable vapes out there.People will say the solo but IMO it is not very stealthy.

bassman,
Reactions: nigel

CarolKing

It's kinda like your children. You can't pick a favorite, you love them unique in their own way. Each portable vape that I have is my fav. For portability the Ascent wins in my vape family. I have the black stealth, have had it since Oct, my second one. The first was faulty.

All my vapes are portables. I use the Solo mostly at home and the Pinnacle Pro with WT.

Watching the Olympics with my Ascent curled up on the sofa. It's snowing outside!

Last edited:

bassman

It's kinda like your children. You can't pick a favorite, you love them unique in their own way. Each portable vape that I have is my fav. For portability the Ascent wins in my vape family. I have the black stealth, have had it since Oct, my second one. The first was faulty.

All my vapes are portables. I use the Solo mostly at home and the Pinnacle Pro with WT.

Watching the Olympics with my Ascent curled up on the sofa. It's snowing outside!
I love my Ascent and thinking about the Pinnacle Pro with the water adapter for my 2nd. It is going to be hard to beat out my Ascent as a fav because of the temp control.

gramlin

Got my Carbon fibre Ascent this week and have tried it twice, but will do it for real this weekend. So far, I really think it is a great device, though it is not as stealth as I had hoped (as it smells a fair deal after using it). The effect is better than I had hoped. Get massive clouds by filling the chamber 3/4qts full and finishing off with some cotton. Think my Volcany will be in the closet most of the time.

Going to Amsterdam next week. Will bring the Ascent to give it a good go there.

Sativape

Can anyone please confirm the dimensions of the glass outer tube of the Ascent.

Overall length.
Stem diameter.
Flange Mouthpiece diameter

If someone could confirm the dimensions in mm's that would be very helpful.

Sativape

I don't know how pi works on ovels:)

Hey chester.

I thought the outer tube was completely round?

I can see the inner tube has an oval shape by where it sits above the bowl.

But, I'm only talking about the outer stem.

Chester, i know you got a ruler close to you... any chance that you could take some measurements
?

Sativape,
Sorry bro high as fuck it's Friday
Hey chester.

I thought the outer tube was completely round?

I can see the inner tube has an oval shape by where it sits above the bowl.

But, I'm only talking about the outer stem.

Chester, i know you got a ruler close to you... any chance that you could take some measurements
?
r

Top Bottom