Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Wow another with croc falling off. Glad i sold this disaster.

And yeah the two stems mating in the device was defective. Very noticeable air leak from the (silicone) sides, not cool.
So far, many defects, small population sample (FC forum members). Systemic is all I can say. Don't say ya ain't been told.

notorio

Are you speaking of the manufacturing defect that seems to leave a lip exposed? That is certainly an issue. It is also a defect.

Or are you speaking of the fact that silicone is being used in the device for both seals and protecting the glass? That I'd hardly call observant, as that has been known about for about 7 months now, and hardly any fashion of revelation.

No I am not talking about the exposed lip, I am talking about the rubber seal itself which makes contact with the vapor. If this has been known about for 7 months, then why does DaVinci's website describe the Ascent thus:
  • Glass on Glass Portable Vaporizer
  • All Glass Pure Vapor Path
It is impossible to confuse the meaning of those terms.

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Alright let's just close this thread mods... obviously DaVinci is no longer a trusted source for vaporizer tech. Pappy can't even get his vape on.:doh:

Sell your Ascents quickly my vape friends!

mod note: You sold yours by breaking the rules, now you are encouraging others to sell. We have a rule about bashing companies and you are lucky you aren't getting another point for breaking it. Another post like this and you will get a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
exhaleclouds,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I think he's asking if, even when the bottom bowl seal is properly placed, is it still in the vapor path?

Anyone with a properly-placed bowl seal, can you chime in? And can you guys fill us in on what the metal screens are for? I thought the glass screen was supposed to be the only screen on it to preserve the all-glass pathway?

We've known that's how air seals are closed in the design. If the seal is working, it PREVENTS airflow across the silicone. The rest of the airpath is through the bottom, through the bowl, through the holes in the glass screen, to the second straw. That's the airpath on draw. Although there is somme turbulence in the areas around the screen's holes, the overwhelming volume is as described.

The screens are OPTIONAL for those that want them and don't mind metal. They are a freebie, if you want, and not required. I've never touched mine.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
:ko:
You're kidding, right?:p
Uh... no? Terpenes = taste = SOME heat, but not enough to produce visible vapor. I don't see how that could have been taken as a joke... I can set my Launch Box's power adapter to the lowest setting and pull a lungful of terpene-rich air without exhaling any visible vapor.

We've known that's how air seals are closed in the design. If the seal is working, it PREVENTS airflow across the silicone.
Yeah, I understood that the bowl seal prevents air from flowing in from outside, but what I was trying to get at is, does the air/vapor that comes in through the bottom come into contact with the inside of the bowl seal?

Poopman525

Alright, I'm having more success even with just my second run. I have a few keys here, some have most likely already been said, but I will repeat them anyway.
1. Tight pack, push it down even just make sure it's tight to start out.
2. Consistent cloudish draws around 390-418, I think a little extra heat makes up for the short amount of time the the air has to heat up.
3. Hold the Ascent as upright as possible while you're drawing off it. I didn't know if this was obvious or not but I'm pretty sure the production is much better the more upright the unit it.
4. Nice and slow. Be patient young grasshopper/padawan whatever.
I was getting pretty good to great production this time around. This is by my standards. A little experimentation is necessary. :nope: bring on the neysayers(neysays?)

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Uh... no? Terpenes = taste = SOME heat, but not enough to produce visible vapor. I don't see how that could have been taken as a joke... I can set my Launch Box's power adapter to the lowest setting and pull a lungful of terpene-rich air without exhaling any visible vapor.
Actually, I understood that you weren't joking. But I was trying to make the point in as few words as possible that terpenes or not, it's not working! And that certainly is no joke.

mod note: You have repeatedly posted that the Ascent has unacceptable build quality and now you are claiming it doesn't work. You've had your kick at the can. Any more posts from you along this line will get you a warning point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snappo,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah I'm gonna recant my wispy vapor statement! Pack HARD! Harder than you think is necessary. And it will produce monstrous clouds from 380ish on up!
U just have to open it up a few times a sesh and push the little brick back down.

illestrolla

Well....this sucks. I understand this is a small sample, but jeeeezu, this many people with issues makes me sad. I was really really hoping this was going to be the portavape for me :(

I won't go as far as to discredit it just yet, as early adopters having problems isn't something unheard of.

I did just open the Cera thread back up however.....

Edit: I will state one positive thing here, at least the manufacture has posted in here, and seems to have admitted some sort of fault. I opened a "support" chat with grenco science yesterday, I'm 36 hrs into waiting for a representative to answer my live chat.... talk about LOL!

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Yeah I'm gonna recant my wispy vapor statement! Pack HARD! Harder than you think is necessary. And it will produce monstrous clouds from 380ish on up!
U just have to open it up a few times a sesh and push the little brick back down.
proofordidnthappen

exhaleclouds,
Reactions: sasNW

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Im all about the function..bling comes later ..lol
Forgiveness of flaws is a beautiful thing. Vaping helps magnify that acceptance. I do understand though that people have a wide range of tolerance and standards. Enjoy!

Snappo,

notorio

We've known that's how air seals are closed in the design. If the seal is working, it PREVENTS airflow across the silicone. The rest of the airpath is through the bottom, through the bowl, through the holes in the glass screen, to the second straw. That's the airpath on draw. Although there is somme turbulence in the areas around the screen's holes, the overwhelming volume is as described.

The screens are OPTIONAL for those that want them and don't mind metal. They are a freebie, if you want, and not required. I've never touched mine.

Sorry if I'm not making it clear, I'm talking about the space between the bowl and the holes in the glass screen. That space contains rubber on both sides. When the vapor is drawn through, it will make contact with that rubber. Also when materal is being heated up in the chamber, the resulting vapor will mingle around the rubber next to the glass tubes, before it is drawn through. This is because the glass bowl is not connected directly to the glass screen. I am not talking about the air seals to the outside, rather the internal pathway of the vapor, which is supposed to be GonG.

Pappy

shmaporist

Yeah, I understood that the bowl seal prevents air from flowing in from outside, but what I was trying to get at is, does the air/vapor that comes in through the bottom come into contact with the inside of the bowl seal?
Stu and Quetz are both right... I can taste terpenes, barely, and am slightly buzzed -- from the workout of milking the Ascent perhaps? I was ready to overlook its cosmetic flaws if the vape was a serious cannabis delivery system but having tried it I have serious doubts. Possibly the unit has mechanical defects. Can anyone verify it produces satisfying vapor?

Top Bottom