Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
so, using a dremmel....

20140320_165350_zpsnzejovvd.jpg

20140320_165408_zpsnxv77nf7.jpg

All I could say is how davinci didn't get this idea. It's making clouds like a mother fucker!

Thanks @stickstones

Norcalsun

Is there a piece of metal on the bottom of your glass can? Is that the can that came with the Ascent? We are very interested in what exactly you did and how. Thanks.

FrogDR

@mvapes so you simply put a herbs to this oil can,close with that black cover and put to the heat chamber and it`s produce better tasty clouds than simply putting herbs to chamber without oil can ??

FrogDR,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
It is the oil can. Flowers need more conduction/convection to produce vapor as with oil radiant heat works fine. So, using a glass cutting bit and turned one of my oil cans into a glass flower enclosure with no need for a screen.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
turned one of my oil cans into a glass flower enclosure with no need for a screen.

??

So, it's product first, and then the oil can filled with glass flowers?

Not product INSIDE the oil can

You would loose the maximized surface area of the irregular flowers in your product (better heat dispersal) and increase the air around the glass flowers (instead of it being product in the gaps between).

But it would be easier to load/unload, have better air path than just the oil can w no holes, and you would have slightly better thermal mass than the oil can alone.

Norcalsun

Could you show us pics of both ends? I'd like to see how you put the oil can on it. Thanks.
It looks like it could help.

Norcalsun,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
??

So, it's product first, and then the oil can filled with glass flowers?

Not product INSIDE the oil can

You would loose the maximized surface area of the irregular flowers in your product (better heat dispersal) and increase the air around the glass flowers (instead of it being product in the gaps between).

But it would be easier to load/unload, have better air path than just the oil can w no holes, and you would have slightly better thermal mass than the oil can alone.

Product first. And why would I worry about losing space? We're talking about a tiny chamber in which most people add cotton or glass beads as a spacer.

That's losing a hell of a lot more space. Now im pulling from a glass chamber and there's no clean up.

Vape 4 Life

Fun, Joy, Happiness & Progress. Cannabis.
See my post. I to have dremeled the glass jar.

Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Nice work with the dremel. It's a tricky bastard.

I may have to go back & add some 1mm thru holes on the side of the glass jar like you did. Thanks for letting me borrow your idea.

Product first. And why would I worry about losing space? We're talking about a tiny chamber in which most people add cotton or glass beads as a spacer.

That's losing a hell of a lot more space. Now im pulling from a glass chamber and there's no clean up.

Vape 4 Life,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

I'm not sure you understood me, as I don't understand your reply. ;)

I didn't mention "space" in my post at all. (Was this possibly about the gaps between the glass flowers or perhaps an unfilled oil can has a lot of space (READ: air) in it? I didn't use the word exactly, but a few of the things I said would relate to space.) And the use of oil can or cotton or glass flowers is all about a spacer... It's a means to use less product in there.

I was just pointing out that there are some drawbacks and some gains by going the drilled can filled with glass route. But I didn't mean to say that space was lost is a worry?

But all in all, I think it is a great idea, and keen to hear any and all comparisons your experience illuminates!

See my post. I to gave dremeled the glass jar.

Oh, yup!

nigel,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey, can someone check the external temperature of their Ascent's?
My Burl unit (1AA1) seems pretty hot in some spots, too hot to handle if I hold it the wrong way.

I'm using a no-contact standard IR Thermometer (not the most accurate, I know) to check for the max temperature reading. While I was averaging in the 140's around the oven, I was peaking between 160 and 170F in the hottest spots!

Is anyone else seeing temperatures this high?

I've read quite a bit about the Ascent, but don't recall seeing anyone mention the actual external temperature of the Ascent when it's been running for extended periods of time (10+ minutes)

Delta3DStudios,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
is there a possibility to find out which model i have.
i remember that the first few units had a plastic cord in the air path or something?!
how can i find out if i have such a model?!

mrweed,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
is there a possibility to find out which model i have.
i remember that the first few units had a plastic cord in the air path or something?!
how can i find out if i have such a model?!

When you open the chamber, there are some letters and numbers engraved on the plastic - the first 4 digits are the model number. The first batch with the crappy buttons and the exposed wiring from the bottom were marked 1AA1 (for the US version, I believe 1AE1 for Europe).

Before they even officially launched, I believe they fixed those issues (and added a latch to the side to prevent you from twisting the oven too far past the closed position in the wrong direction), and reused the same model numbers. My BurlWood model is 1AA1, but really it's the revised model.

I have seen people who have either the Skulls limited edition version, or the Carbon Fiber edition with a model number of 2AA1, but no word on what changed between those two model numbers.

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: mrweed

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm not sure where you mean you found numbers inside the chamber of the Ascent that shows a type of serial number or batch? The chamber would mean where the bowl area is right?

CarolKing,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm not sure where you mean you found numbers inside the chamber of the Ascent that shows a type of serial number or batch? The chamber would mean where the bowl area is right?

Sorry, I meant the bottom half that swivels out to expose the oven. Not engraved into the oven itself, but the plastic around the oven is where the laser etched model and serial number are located.

----

By the way, I'm looking at a bulk purchase of cheap 14mm Pinacle Water Tubes (knockoff's?). PM me if you're interested - Hopefully I can get 2 or 3 more people, should be able to get 30-40% off list price each

Last edited by a moderator:
Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: mrweed

Pepus

so, using a dremmel....

20140320_165350_zpsnzejovvd.jpg

20140320_165408_zpsnxv77nf7.jpg

All I could say is how davinci didn't get this idea. It's making clouds like a mother fucker!

Thanks @stickstones
So you put the herb outside the jar and glass flowers inside? I'm sorry, my English is not enough good and think I'm not understanding you

Pepus,

Bezerkben

any ideas on how to stop ground herbs from entering through the holes on the glass tube? best settings?

Bezerkben,
Top Bottom