Artist turns his dead pet into flying helicopter after it is killed by a car

SmokingElectricity

Many animal lovers find it hard to part with their pets when they die.
So when cat Orville, named after the famous aviator Orville Wright, was run over by a car, his artist owner decided to turn him into a permanent piece of artwork as the ultimate tribute by transforming him into a flying helicopter.
Dutch artist Bart Jansen first stuffed Orville before teaming up with radio control helicopter flyer Arjen Beltman to build a specially-designed flying mechanism to attach to the cat.
article-2154283-136ED7F3000005DC-412_634x412.jpg
article-2154283-136ED20D000005DC-456_634x439.jpg
article-2154283-136EC5F7000005DC-624_634x454.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
i personally think it is kind of a cool concept ha.. maybe i'm just weird like that though. The cat is dead so now it is recycled/reincarnated into a piece of art. The face is a bit creepy though.

Elluzion,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
i personally think it is kind of a cool concept ha.. maybe i'm just weird like that though. The cat is dead so now it is recycled/reincarnated into a piece of art. The face is a bit creepy though.
What do you think of Von Hagens stuff, Elluzion? (or anyone ) I don't know if he's big in the USA, but he is here- he's done an autopsy live on TV. It's not my cup of tea- I struggle to see it as 'art', though I guess it fits the definition, and plenty of people are donating their carcasses to him.
images
images
images

images
images

The story with the last one is that it was banned from display (it's a copulating couple), so to circumvent the ban he chopped the rest of the bodies off and just displayed the genitals doing their thing. Apparently without the faces it wasn't deemed as offensive. :shrug:

WatTyler,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
What do you think of Von Hagens stuff, Elluzion? (or anyone ) I don't know if he's big in the USA, but he is here- he's done an autopsy live on TV. It's not my cup of tea- I struggle to see it as 'art', though I guess it fits the definition, and plenty of people are donating their carcasses to him.
images
images
images

images
images

The story with the last one is that it was banned from display (it's a copulating couple), so to circumvent the ban he chopped the rest of the bodies off and just displayed the genitals doing their thing. Apparently without the faces it wasn't deemed as offensive. :shrug:

I enjoy this type of art. I find it fascinating to see all the muscles and ligaments of the body. I have seen one of his shows in the US. quite remarkable!

Elluzion,

goody8504

I prefer to see people with their skin on. And I prefer to respectfully dispose of my dead cats.

I realize many people have trouble letting go of their pets that have died and choose options such as cremation, taxidermy, and now apparently turning them into helicopters. Personally, I dig a hole in the backyard and allow the cycle of life continue. Things like taxidermy have never appealed to to me because, to me, my pets are much more than a physical body. In other words, I'd hate to come to associate my dead cat with a helicopter.

Perhaps I'm missing the point of the this artwork. It just seems to me that if I were going to build something in honor of my dead cat, I wouldn't actually use my dead cat in the design plans. But I do have to admit, it's definitely original

goody8504,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I agree, goody. All our pets have been cremated when they passed away. We intend to continue that tradition.

Vicki,

steiner666

Serial vapist
LOL! could you imagine... just walking along one day and you hear this buzzing sound and you turn around and that kittycopter is comin at you. if i was that guy i'd go fly it around outside the house of the person that hit the cat, bump it against the windows for a bit in the middle of the night lol

and von hagens stuff is indeed pretty interesting, and thats bullshit how they wouldnt let him display the fucking corpses

steiner666,

Jdog

I'm sorry if people find this offensive. Personally, I love animals, rc toys and quad copters in particular, and i love this idea a lot. I really don't think it's a big deal. I mean, people, taxidermy their pets anyways, why not make it something to can share with people. Tell them your cat's story.
I have an rc all terrain truck that I want to mount an animal like shell on. But this one will be made of foam, not pet. :)

Jdog,
Top Bottom