Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
No mom, clean ones this time. Nice big straight doubles of Tanqueray, my favorite. I'll stop soon though. I never get too far out of whack. Now that deserves, what, my first???? :rofl:

Rick,

afreak

A question ive been wondering about for quite some time.
You fill up the herb chamber, how long does it take for the herb to be vaped out (abv) ?
In other words how long does a session take with CRZ ?

afreak,
Reactions: Rick

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A session with a log vape will generally take a little longer than a session with some other vapes. The draw is a bit slower with the CRZ, so you take a bit more time with it. What usually happens to me is that after a stem full (if I even finish it) I'll find my attention wandering and realize I'm plenty buzzed. Where with, say, a whip style vape, its' several quick, large hits and I'm done. I find using the CRZ to be a more relaxed, contemplative session. And, I use less herb.

How long does the session last? That's hard to pinpoint. Depends on the person, how many stem fulls they need, etc. :2c:

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
OK, we will try again. I had a nice post 98% complete and hit the wrong key on the laptop.............GONE! Pissed! Over it now.

First news on the Bubblers is we survived the first rush last night. We still have a few in stock and will do our best to keep it that way. Last nights bubbler orders will not ship til tomorrow. I thought I could make today for a Saturday delivery but it was an order morning. Farm stuff, Zap parts, plugs, transformers, wire, lots of chainsaw parts for 4 different saws and more. Like they say, you have to spend money to make money. Seems like it all comes at once. So no bubblers arriving til Monday/Tuesday. I think everybody ordered a holder too which takes time. Good news for me as whenever I get in a hurry mode, jammers pop up to slow me back down. That is the latest on the bubbler story.

VV Power supply is on track. I have the first batch ordered and they should be here mid to late next week. For now, they are coming out of Canada which adds to shipping time and cost. Here is the little girl we are going with for now. No flames or special colors, just a plain jane with a big digital voltage display.
Stealth-tattoo-power-supply-1.jpg

I would appreciate suggestions on cord length. I will be making them here using some nice 16 gauge wire that is soft and pliable, nothing at all like the 22 gauge kinky stuff used on our stock 12 volt fixed voltage transformer. I picked 16 gauge because it is way heaver than the awg 22 wire, meaning longer than 6 foot cords will work just fine. Maybe a couple choices on length? Our cord will have the green and black plug on the Zap end which is replaceable with a small phillips screwdriver if the wire breaks over time next to the plug. Simple to cut it off and re-install the same plug.

Details on addressing possible problems with leaving the VV cranked up to the highest voltage(15 volts) will be addressed when this VV all comes together next week. Same with final pricing. We will include the power wire to the Zap(or any log vape) with each VV PS with a possible option to exclude the power wire as they are very easy to make.

More Zaps up by tomorrow is the plan today. By tomorrow, though,we may be somewhere else on timing. Very busy on all fronts around here. Our first two piggees roll in Sunday. Heifer Wilma over to the Bull Saturday. She is getting so horny as we held her off a little for her first.........mating(yes, I wanted to say fuck). She has been giving us lots of trouble the last few weeks but she will mellow right out once her body starts doing her real job. Black Angus and a rowdy one. She is about two years old.

The farm is kicking ass like never before. We have more in, earlier, than ever before. Taking a big gamble getting some things in early but the weather has been super. 70/80 degrees with warm rains off and on. The next three weeks will tell the story. We either re-plant or add a month to our growing season. Our main buyer, the CDA Resort, wants it NOW. They are on a big LOCAL thing with food this year.

Rick

Zapman
afreak, there is no standard "minutes per stem" or such thing. For instance, I like very small stem tip loads, good for maybe three nice pulls. I never fill the tip full.

You have nothing to compare to? Would that be for making a purchase decision?
The truth is I also have nothing to compare to as we only have Aromazap around here. I will tell you with the VV power supply I can get anything I want out of it and more.

Maybe a general comment like mom made in post 8231 is about all we can offer?
All vapes are unique in their own way.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Tell you what I'm going to do afreak; I'm going to go upstairs to my vape station right now and try to time myself. I will fill the stem fairly full and see what we get in the way of time.

Hopefully I wont drift off.... hopefully I'll remember to time myself.... hopefully I'll remember I was doing something when I was upstairs... :lol:

I'll do my best. :tup:

Edited to add: Okay. I went up with purpose and focus and did a stem full. I took one hit after another without my usual pause in between to enjoy. I even emptied the stem and crushed it at the end to see if there was one more hit. 2 coughing fits. 4 minutes.

But realize a few things. It will depend on your particular Zap, your stem pack, your draw speed, how dry your material is, the quality of the material, and your tolerance as to how long a complete session will take. All said, if I were to guestimate the amount of time it takes the average person to vape one stem off the CRZ, it would be 3 - 5 minutes.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nice little VV Rick! It looks a bit like on of those tattoo PSUs.

Is it regulated and of the switching kind?

I've cut the cord I'm using now to about 3 yards. It could probably be half a yard or so shorter, but a little extra playroom is never a bad thing I guess.

OhTheAgony,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think offering the VV in two different lengths might be a good idea. And, I'm glad to hear that the cord itself is a thicker gauge. It will make it more substantial. That has always been the "weakest link" with vapes that use power adapters. :2c:

momofthegoons,

SD_haze

do you have an aprox in minutes per stem ? I've got nothing to compare with :(

For context, try to shoot for 3-5 minutes between hit (for maximum lung absorbing efficiency), so if you have a stem loaded very minimally you could be done in 10 mins, or a fat stem could last an hour :ko:

SD_haze,

Rick

Zapman
OhTheAgony, it is a Tattoo machine power supply. Perfect voltage range for a log vape. It is regulated in that what the display says is what you get. I have tested them with a voltmeter and they are within 1-2 tenths of a volt higher or lower but that could be in the volt/ohmmeter too. Whatever, they are very close to the displayed voltage. I think "the switching kind" refers to a regulated fixed voltage transformer. Maybe someone else has more info on that issue. I will be offering different cord lengths. I was thinking in the 8-10 foot range so the power supply can be located under the table or up on a higher shelf as I do in the shop.

mom, our thanks for doing the test. Tough life it is for some of us. You better take a break now.

We have found over the years where to find Zap workable stuff. The transformer plugs are CCTV power plugs. Same with the transformers for EU use........CCTV power supplies. VV power supplies come from the tattoo supply people. That is where we found the best choices with a voltage meter.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
mom, our thanks for doing the test. Tough life it is for some of us. You better take a break now.

Rick, these are the sacrifices we have to make for the good of the community! :lol:

momofthegoons,

afreak

thanks momofthegoons :)
do you think i will get proper temperature in the crz with the original power supply and a US to EU plug adapter ?

afreak,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ahhhhhh. Okay. :D

I would hope that it would work, but I have heard of others using EU converters (on the UD thread) that had problems with stock 12V adapters. Perhaps you could pm one of them and ask what they did. I know using a VV supply would help and I'm sure if you pm'd OhTheAgony, he could help you with this question much better than I.

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
My experience is that I needed a VV for my CRZ. I have recently been testing my power supplies and their effectiveness with different log vapes. A power supply giving out a flat 12v wasn't enough for me, I needed a bit more juice to get where I wanted from my CRZ, so got a VV pumping up to 15v out. Now she runs like a charm :)

afreak

The original adapter is meant for USA standard wich is 110-120v, where I live it is 230v that is the standard. I know nothing about electricity, but I think I read here that the original power supply output depends on the power in the house ?
Any idea how it would behave with a US->EU plug converter and 230v from the wall ?

afreak,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not sure what's the standard CRZ PSU is rated for. Some are ranged from 110 to 240V and others are specifically designed for one of the two standards. I'm sure Rick or another CRZ owner with a standard PSU can clarify that as the specs are on it. I'd recommend a variable PSU to every log vape owner either way though, since all logs perform a little differently and every user has it's own demands and preferences. It just gives you so much more versatility.

OhTheAgony,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
The original adapter is meant for USA standard wich is 110-120v, where I live it is 230v that is the standard. I know nothing about electricity, but I think I read here that the original power supply output depends on the power in the house ?
Any idea how it would behave with a US->EU plug converter and 230v from the wall ?
No, you won't be able to use it directly if it is a 110v. You would need a 'step-down' converter but it is much cheaper to just buy a 12v 1a power supply with a 2.1mm connector. They are quite common and available in a lot of electrical stores (cctv's usually use the same power supplies).

J.R.R.Tokin',

Rick

Zapman
OK gang, time for another official announcement. We have been shooting a few of those out lately and this one has been on my mind for awhile. The questions from afreak prompted me to do this now, officially from the Zapman.

I will not sell Aromazaps(CRZs), directly or indirectly out of the US. Blisssville was gracious enough to try selling Zaps with a small order from us several months ago. At that time I had a good amount of help in the production of Zaps and I had much encouragement to go big time with wholesale and global sales. I attempted to play the game but not really with my heart. The extra help stopped because it was obvious Rick liked his 'regular' pace and for other reasons.
Blisssville of course can sell whatever stock they have wherever they want but I have asked that any future Zaps they receive be sold only in the US.
There are many reasons for this decision, the primary one being I must make Aromazap fit our life, not the other way around. We are too old to crank up increased sales to any location out of the US. We do not want to get something started I will not be able to keep up with. I will be pissed all the time if I have to work all the time making Zaps. I have always worked to live. I do not live to work.
Other 'reasons'......power grids, communication, SHIPPING, SHIPPING and more.
If anybody outside the US wants a Zap, they have to do it personally with another person in the US.
I do not want to let any other ball start rolling down the hill. We are very busy with US sales. We must attend to our US customers first, period. That is what the bubbler and VV power supply is about, trying to do a better job for our customers. Spreading myself too thin is no good for anybody.
This also says nothing about the rest of our lives outside of Zapville and the time required or the joy our other work also brings us.

Having said that, I am also announcing a small Abysmal Vapor fund raiser here in Zapville. I have a few CRZs laying around...a small crack, a duct-tape bottom, a little red penis, maybe another and another. I will sell them cheap and send 75% of my net money to Abysmal. I'll have more later as I want to flow into this thing as good old Dave from UD ends his extra special help at the end of this month. It is another world over there as far as human rights and justice and all that stuff goes. A real reminder of how lucky probably 99% of us are compared to Abysmals home.

Also know we will continue US sales forever. Our forever that is. Our forever looks pretty damn good too. We are healthy and having fun. I just want to keep it that way.

Top Bottom