Arizer XQ2

martinstraka8282

I've been going through all my vape stuff lately trying to downsize the overflow bins and I decided to sell my EQ today. Got scooped up immediately and I threw in an old Air for free. Well, after I appealed to Facebook marketplace to let me sell it as an aromatherapy device. So dumb.

I must have had it for at least 10 years. My brother had the OG before it when I lived with him, and some of Arizers portables, so they were a big part of us getting away from smoking. It was a little emotional seeing the old EQ leave the house and what was probably my last Arizer vape. I did all the DDave mods and was happy with it for a lot of those years. Especially with the mods and a good heat soak, it punches well above its weight imo, and is a nice convection experience. I always preferred the whip and never had great experiences with the bags. I looked it up and this one appears to have released in 2008. Sure makes a guy feel old.

Got a Volcano Hybrid recently, a Plenty a while ago, and have a ball vape on the way, so seemed like it was time. Happy to see it go to someone that was excited about it.

rowbam

Still very new with the XQ2, but loving the bags so far. The vapor quality and effects are on point for a heavier session vape.

Fairly efficient too with amounts like .2g. I also like that I can have it running and not worry about it burning anything.

It's kind of funny to come back to Arizer after the Solo 2 was my first vape (and I also sold it after I got the Mighty, and Vapbong) - but I'm really pleased with this so far.

It does everything I expected it to, and saved me money for my next ball vape purchase compared to splashing out for a Volcano.

EDIT: Also the hi smiley face on startup is dope :sherlock:

rowbam

So far, the whip natively is awesome. The pull of it naturally elbow packs it while you're inhaling solid, cool hits.

I don't know why but after trying the Bubbler with it, not as impressed somehow. Bags are also banging with a S&B capsule thrown on top of the flower to make the vapor a bit denser.

vaporent

I've been going through all my vape stuff lately trying to downsize the overflow bins and I decided to sell my EQ today. Got scooped up immediately and I threw in an old Air for free. Well, after I appealed to Facebook marketplace to let me sell it as an aromatherapy device. So dumb.

I must have had it for at least 10 years. My brother had the OG before it when I lived with him, and some of Arizers portables, so they were a big part of us getting away from smoking. It was a little emotional seeing the old EQ leave the house and what was probably my last Arizer vape. I did all the DDave mods and was happy with it for a lot of those years. Especially with the mods and a good heat soak, it punches well above its weight imo, and is a nice convection experience. I always preferred the whip and never had great experiences with the bags. I looked it up and this one appears to have released in 2008. Sure makes a guy feel old.

Got a Volcano Hybrid recently, a Plenty a while ago, and have a ball vape on the way, so seemed like it was time. Happy to see it go to someone that was excited about it.
That's so crazy. I started with a volcano and moved to the Extreme Q Vaporizer and loved it (at the time)! I used the bag mostly, but I think the XQ2 is the better vaporizer. It's ready go go faster and it just hits harder. I liked my EQ, but i LOVE my XQ2.

I fall in love easy. lol

martinstraka8282

That's so crazy. I started with a volcano and moved to the Extreme Q Vaporizer and loved it (at the time)! I used the bag mostly, but I think the XQ2 is the better vaporizer. It's ready go go faster and it just hits harder. I liked my EQ, but i LOVE my XQ2.

I fall in love easy. lol
That's awesome, glad to hear you like it and get good results from the bags.

I was never overly interested in the bags with it for whatever reason, so I never really tried too hard to perfect the method. Based on what you and others have said, I think it's fair to say it performs fine with bags.

I do highly recommend the DDave mods though. I was very happy with them, but I do like to really cook my weed over lower temps.

rowbam

Ripping the whip thru water at high temps (240c) absolutely rips. Turning the fan on high while inhaling naturally elbow packs it and gives really dense hits.

Balloons are fun, but do not hit this heavy :leaf:

Cdwhit

I Am looking for a device I can use more like a hookah and have sitting there where I can occasionally reach over and take a hit between working on the computer or between song when I’m on the guitar, or just occasional kits while watching TV. Can the XQ2 do this, or is it more like a session on a portable, where the weed is cooking whether I hit or not, and the session is time limited?

NinneDDu

I Am looking for a device I can use more like a hookah and have sitting there where I can occasionally reach over and take a hit between working on the computer or between song when I’m on the guitar, or just occasional kits while watching TV. Can the XQ2 do this, or is it more like a session on a portable, where the weed is cooking whether I hit or not, and the session is time limited?
It can do it ... but if I can recommend you I would opt more on a Ball vape, they are much more practical for the use you want to make of it, at least, I prefer it, since I have my tiodw taken on AliExpress I have practically abandoned my xq2 even if leaving it warm up well it could almost equal a Ball vape

NinneDDu,
Reactions: Cdwhit

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
The XQ2 is about the best use case for this. No hot coils, and the herb isn't cooking sitting on the heater unless you are inhaling actively to draw the hot air through it.

XQ2 is in my profile pic so clearly I have one and enjoy it 😇
I do enjoy the Arizer products due to the glass bowls, preserving the flavour quite well.
I would love to get some of the attachment's you can get for the xq2 because I think it would up my experience with it.

Does anyone know where you can purchase the Arizer XQ2 accessories in Australia? e.g. extra elbow attachments and adapters and the like.

Full pic here
20231101-155216-2.jpg

and here
20231104-120118-2.jpg

Cdwhit

I ordered one so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. What will I need to connect this to a 14 mm water piece? Are there other add ons or accessories I should consider?

Also, I have seen people recommend a test tube clamp for handling the bowl. Has anyone found a convenient way to more or less permanently attach a handle to it?

Cdwhit,
Reactions: rowbam

martinstraka8282

I ordered one so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. What will I need to connect this to a 14 mm water piece? Are there other add ons or accessories I should consider?

Also, I have seen people recommend a test tube clamp for handling the bowl. Has anyone found a convenient way to more or less permanently attach a handle to it?
I wonder if you could use a ball vape type coil with handle and just cut off the cord at the base of the handle? Then stretch the coil as needed to go around the bowl? Maybe not the most elegant...

Or maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/uxcell-Worm-G...dib_tag=se&keywords=clamp+handle&sr=8-45&th=1

Last edited:
martinstraka8282,

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax

The XQ2 comes with two heat resistant silicon grips that slide over the bowl top that I think you'll find pretty adequate.

maskedcorrespondent,

martinstraka8282

The XQ2 comes with two heat resistant silicon grips that slide over the bowl top that I think you'll find pretty adequate.
Are they thicker now? It looks like it. I found the ones on the EQ were walking the line of being adequate, but sometimes too hot after a good heat soak.

After I bought the DDave bowls that don't have that silicone on them, I used a little mini set of thongs with silicone ends and they worked pretty well. On the subject of the DDave mods, it looks like Arizer improved the bowls this time to allow being closer to the heater.

Marcus

Hi folks,

If the bowl is hot is the herb cooking in there? How warm is the bowl, say if the unit was set to 180*C?

See, I'm pondering grabbing one of these for just filling the bowl up and leaving it on so I can grab a hit every 5 minutes or so. Would it work well for that? Or is the herb done after the 1st couple of hits?

Thanks!

Marcus,

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Hi folks,

If the bowl is hot is the herb cooking in there? How warm is the bowl, say if the unit was set to 180*C?

See, I'm pondering grabbing one of these for just filling the bowl up and leaving it on so I can grab a hit every 5 minutes or so. Would it work well for that? Or is the herb done after the 1st couple of hits?

Hi folks,

Thanks!
Bowl gets warm but it isn't actively cooking the herb-- I can leave mine on forgotten for an hour or two with no noticeable color change in herb, and it tastes just as good coming back.

maskedcorrespondent,
Reactions: Marcus

Marcus

Bowl gets warm but it isn't actively cooking the herb-- I can leave mine on forgotten for an hour or two with no noticeable color change in herb, and it tastes just as good coming back.
Thanks!

I may grab one then.

I did own an EQ but I don;t remember much about that now. I gifted it on for some strange reason. This XQ2 looks nice.

Marcus,

cosimo

Thanks!

I may grab one then.

I did own an EQ but I don;t remember much about that now. I gifted it on for some strange reason. This XQ2 looks nice.

While It shouldnt completely cook the herb if the fan is off or if you are not inhaling , with my VTower and Extreme EQ using stock parts I did notice a reduction in taste when using high quality herb. Even if the fan is not on, the chamber will still receive heat in coduction form so there is some exposure to heat even if your not inhaling or if you have the fan off, and terps easily go away at low temps, so if you are a flavor chaser, you will notice some light cooking.

martinstraka8282

For the Glass Connoisseur bowl, would anyone mind measuring the distance from the end of the glass to the screen inside? I'd be looking for the short side to be measured, not the long end.

I'm curious if it might work for my Prrl Neo. If the screen is too low, it won't work well, but it looks like it might be high enough.

martinstraka8282,

Marcus

While It shouldnt completely cook the herb if the fan is off or if you are not inhaling , with my VTower and Extreme EQ using stock parts I did notice a reduction in taste when using high quality herb. Even if the fan is not on, the chamber will still receive heat in coduction form so there is some exposure to heat even if your not inhaling or if you have the fan off, and terps easily go away at low temps, so if you are a flavor chaser, you will notice some light cooking.
Would popping a keck clip on the whip and bowl work for terpy hits? Taking the whole bowl off inbetween hits or does the bowl need a heat soak?

Thanks cosimo!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Taking the whole bowl off inbetween hits or does the bowl need a heat soak?

See my old posts on that topic with (2) links below. Using Extreme-Q, previous version:

cosimo

Would popping a keck clip on the whip and bowl work for terpy hits? Taking the whole bowl off inbetween hits or does the bowl need a heat soak?

Thanks cosimo!
Thats what I did with mine. Did seem to need a bit of heatsoak each time I put it back on to get a decent cloud in the first hit, but not that much really and I found it to be worth it. Not sure it would be the same case with the XQ2 since Inhavent tried one yet.

cosimo,
Reactions: Marcus

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Anybody have experience with putting balls/beads next to the heater under the flower? I'm curious but not sure they'd get hot enough themselves to lend any thermal mass.

maskedcorrespondent,
Top Bottom