Arizer Solo

poonman

I've never had my solo take that long to charge. Usually only takes an hour. But I do quick half hour charges during the day too

For me , a full charge takes 3 hours .
I usually charge it when it's almost dead or on it's last legs .
I'll have to try your quick half hour charges sometime and see if it can do that for me .

Happy vaping all

poonman,

suhbliem

Grower
hey guys, tried searching for m106 m105 m107 but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. The guys at vaporizerfast.com said that there is no differnce between m105 and m107, does this mean the m1d is also the same? my local headshop a silver m105 that i've had my eye one but they want $260 for it, seems steep if it is a outdated/inferior model. anyone who can help it would be much appreciated, thanks!

suhbliem,

natural farmer

hey guys, tried searching for m106 m105 m107 but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. The guys at vaporizerfast.com said that there is no differnce between m105 and m107, does this mean the m1d is also the same? my local headshop a silver m105 that i've had my eye one but they want $260 for it, seems steep if it is a outdated/inferior model. anyone who can help it would be much appreciated, thanks!

The m105 is running a little hotter than the newer models which is fine for most people but some of us like it hotter. Go for a m106 and later. 260$ for a m105 is just too much. Try puffitup, it has some nice offers for Solo! :)

natural farmer,
Reactions: mvapes

suhbliem

Grower
The m105 is running a little hotter than the newer models which is fine for most people but some of us like it hotter. Go for a m106 and later. 260$ for a m105 is just too much. Try puffitup, it has some nice offers for Solo! :)

thanks for that info man helps a lot. I noticed that planetvape.ca has some awesome attachments, I like the 18mm gong they have offered. I'm wondering if anything like a hydrastem (jsut a smaller version) is available for this device? that would be great.

suhbliem,

natural farmer

thanks for that info man helps a lot. I noticed that planetvape.ca has some awesome attachments, I like the 18mm gong they have offered. I'm wondering if anything like a hydrastem (jsut a smaller version) is available for this device? that would be great.
Yeah, the GonG stems from PV are great, I use mine (14mm) all day paired with a 18/14mm reducer and a VaporLung... Can't get enough of this combo, it's annihilating! :ko:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I don't have a m107 or m1d1(? latest) myself, but I found my M105 runs way cooler than my M102... and the M105 was susceptible to the 'robo fart' syndrome (as mine is) that I was never really able to eliminate entirely.

I also thought I read that the newest models had firmware upgrades that took care of the lower temp issues ?

smokum,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Surgery is complete...

20120728_215642.jpg

20120728_215635.jpg

GoodDecisions

The Best of Decisions
mvapes, that looks awesome! Can't wait to receive mine. Looks like there is plenty of room for other items if you don't have 2 Solo's.

GoodDecisions,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I don't have a m107 or m1d1(? latest) myself, but I found my M105 runs way cooler than my M102... and the M105 was susceptible to the 'robo fart' syndrome (as mine is) that I was never really able to eliminate entirely.

I also thought I read that the newest models had firmware upgrades that took care of the lower temp issues ?
Vaporpedia claims this is the case. However, the new m1a model I received in replacement for a chipped m102 is definitely running cooler than the m102. I cannot speak to how it compares, heatwise, to a m105 however.

PhreedomPhries,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I've been neglecting my Solo the last few days until this morning...(ever since I got the cloud)
I'm just this vaporizer in the morning...its perfect for morning sessions! or quick...

If I had to choose one vaporizer to have, it would still be the solo because its portability and its awesome efficiency...the vapor is really smooth...

Can anyone recommend a good 14mm to 18mm GONG adapter? I want to try the solo with the HT :) and the rude boy with the cloud ;)

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I don't find the solo very portable anymore.. more like giant desktop vape compared to my inh004 or thermovape. Even with eds wooden stems I find myself burning my fingers on the metal bit that sticks up. Mostly just don't like the noise of SS on SS that squeak when removing the bowl.. eek

kushcabbage,

m0sh

I don't find the solo very portable anymore.. more like giant desktop vape compared to my inh004 or thermovape. Even with eds wooden stems I find myself burning my fingers on the metal bit that sticks up. Mostly just don't like the noise of SS on SS that squeak when removing the bowl.. eek

You might not find it stealthy but not portable ??? huh?

About burning your fingers...well try harder its not that hard not touching that part...it must be an old habit of yours...the glass stem gets hot in the upper area and the wood isn't at all

Noise? well, I dunno, it seems fine to me...its all SS its not like something happens...

m0sh,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
A lot of us mistake portable for stealthy, the solo is not as easily hidden as others but IMO the solo, hands down is the best portable on the market. In fact, I think it's one of the very few portable vapes that could hold its own against a desktop. As far as noise and burnt finger tips, I've never experienced either as long as I was careful.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I find it neither stealthy or portable. In fact it doesn't look very "stealth". lot's of lights, a stem sticking out.. and not portable in the fact you can't just put it in your pocket assembled and be ready to vape somewhere instantly. Ok yes you can pop everything in a case, but when i think portable I think of put back in pocket after use. If I'm using a stem, I'll wait till it cools down before loading another. Hots stems don't feel very portable IMO. I like my solo, mostly for my micro dab. Still use it sometimes but only when I sit down for a good session that I have time for. Defiantly better "portable stealth" options out there. Give a newb the solo, and they will pull the stem out or burn themselves unless you get it through to them not to do these things. Each has pros and cons. At any rate, I'm glad we have so many options and people to provide their views and experiences. your right though I do love that smooth milky vapor keeps coming and coming (gotta keep the solo guys happy on the solo thread!)

kushcabbage,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
For me, it is a great combination/middle ground. MFLB for stealth, UD for home and the solo for a portable heavy hitter. I went blueberry picking yesterday at a commercial farm. Was able to take huge rips with the Solo and no one around was the wiser. I ca throw a hot stem in my case with a MFLB battery cap on and not worry while it cools off..in a case...in my pocket. Set up and break down time is nil with this set up. So while not stealth for all situations, I think that is the best portable if you want huge rips and rounds my collection out perfectly. :peace:

poonman

I think it's a minor sacrifice for such a good portable vape .
Yes I have burned my fingers a few times with the glass stems already .
You think , I would have learned from using the Volcano , not to touch any hot parts .:doh:

But then again ,
I got a " brain-freeze " from eating ice-cream too fast the other day .

No to the Stealth part , but that was not my concern .
Yes to a good portable , no make that Great portable .
Especially with the PA plug in I bought for it .
Yes , I can see that statement is an Oxy-moron ....portable + PA plug in .

Overall ,
Very Happy with my decision to buy the Solo .

poonman,
Surgery is complete...

20120728_215635.jpg

Nice case man, it's good to finally see a Solo in a Pelican case on here. I'm gonna buy one for my Solo too but was waiting a week or two since I spent almost $750 on vape-related stuff in the last three weeks (Cloud and accessories + the Solo). I'll post some pics of mine whenever I get it.

nugghuffer,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Let me know when you get it bro, I will be glad to advise on the cutting of the foam. It TOTALLY not as easy as they make it look. Congrats on your new toys, you definitely picked some heavy hitters. :D

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've been neglecting my Solo the last few days until this morning...(ever since I got the cloud)
I'm just this vaporizer in the morning...its perfect for morning sessions! or quick...

If I had to choose one vaporizer to have, it would still be the solo because its portability and its awesome efficiency...the vapor is really smooth...

Can anyone recommend a good 14mm to 18mm GONG adapter? I want to try the solo with the HT :) and the rude boy with the cloud ;)

Here is what I use to turn my 14mm gong stem into an 18mm... http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...ers/alt-14-18-mm-low-pro-reducer-adapter.html

Also just hooked the Solo up to my HT after using the Cloud for the last few days almost exclusively, and found it has a bit of a stronger, more flavorful tasting vapor, compared to the Cloud, and would say it was 8 out of 10 on the thick vapor production in comparison as well. Still very impressed with my Solo, and love to use it as a portable when the setting is right. I use the Thermovape when I am looking for sturdy or pocket friendly stealth.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: ili
Let me know when you get it bro, I will be glad to advise on the cutting of the foam. It TOTALLY not as easy as they make it look. Congrats on your new toys, you definitely picked some heavy hitters. :D

Oh I know man, I did ok the first time I cut it for my VHW setup but it wasn't that great. I did a LOT better the second time around with the Cloud and using a serrated knife made it much easier (the hardest part was the SG cutout because of the bent neck). Here's a link to it: VapeXhale Cloud. The Solo layout looks really easy though, just a few decent sized rectangular cutouts and two long, skinny ones for the stems. It is a pain though when you're vaked and tryin to get it perfect haha. :peace:

nugghuffer,

zombonaut

Has anyone changed batteries in a Solo yet? I was just curious if there was a cost effective way that would not be too difficult to get a new battery for my old ceramic Solo. Thanks!

zombonaut,
Reactions: poonman

m0sh

Here is what I use to turn my 14mm gong stem into an 18mm... http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...ers/alt-14-18-mm-low-pro-reducer-adapter.html

Also just hooked the Solo up to my HT after using the Cloud for the last few days almost exclusively, and found it has a bit of a stronger, more flavorful tasting vapor, compared to the Cloud, and would say it was 8 out of 10 on the thick vapor production in comparison as well. Still very impressed with my Solo, and love to use it as a portable when the setting is right. I use the Thermovape when I am looking for sturdy or pocket friendly stealth.

So this can be used both ways right?
I do like something that I can use for a whip as well...but that's for the cloud thread
Too bad shipping costs me 31.75$...no way

m0sh,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
mvapes,
Top Bottom