Arizer Solo

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Hey ilovebOObs,

I'm interested what your "hashcacther" looks like right before you think it's time to collect. Do you have a picture? That will be my target, hopefully. I bought two ashcatchers (one small and one big) and want to use one instead of cotton, and the other for water. Vaping is taking a bigger toll than I expected, so I am trying to make some changes to my setup!

sorry man no dirty pic of it, honestly only cleaned it out like twice since i got it. the big chamber will look hella cloudy like its frosty glass. and the side where i put the stem in will look the same but with a golden tone to the oil on that side. i will take a pic next time.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: sessnet

VaphingApe415

Got to send my solo in for warranty replacement, but they want me to pay shipping both ways....over $60USD! Anyone know if I stay persistent and ask in the right way, that Arizer might be rightious to pay for the return shipping cost? Sent an email to request this, ✌crossed!

VaphingApe415,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Got to send my solo in for warranty replacement, but they want me to pay shipping both ways....over $60USD! Anyone know if I stay persistent and ask in the right way, that Arizer might be rightious to pay for the return shipping cost? Sent an email to request this, ✌crossed!

Since you asked and since I just dealt with the same issue I will update the thread with my experience.

i got Arizer (Kevin) to compromise and I'm paying $15 for return shipping back to me instead of $30. It's a compromise I am not happy with but have decided to take. I also asked him to throw in a 4 hole stem and a glass stirring rod that comes with the Extreme Q to make me feel good about the compromise and Arizer's support. Below are the last couple of the numerous emails we exchanged. They pretty much explain my position and his.

Bottom line for me is that I was never made aware that there is a 3 month window when they will pay for return shipping on warranty work and had I been made aware of that I would have sent it in for repair right away. BTW, the issue I have with my Solo (m103) is that it runs way too hot. I never used it above 2 and even that would turn a load dark brown very quickly.

If you read the two emails below I would start with the second one first.

"Hello VapeArts,

Thank you for your email. Shipping costs are not covered under the warranty, yet we do make an exception by going above our warranty and extend free return shipping within the first three months. You are not being punished, or anything of the sort. Rather, the window for us covering the return shipping costs has long passed, yet we have still offered you a 50% discount on shipping or the two replacement glass parts you have requested as compensation for your shipping costs. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:58 PM, VapeArts wrote:
Hello Kevin,

I am trying to find a way to be happy with a compromise that I am not happy with. Thus my suggestion of the glass. The way i see it is that you are trying to make me pay return shipping based on a technicality that you (Arizer) decided upon and seemingly did not make public - the three month window for free return shipping.

It has been established that my Solo has not worked properly since i bought it. That I let Arizer know about the situation within 2 weeks of my purchase. That I did not send it in for repairs immediately because 1. I wanted to use it for a while and more importantly because 2. you (Arizer) have been working through multiple issues that other Solo users have been having including chipping and a sickening smell that is hard to get rid of. I had read numerous accounts of people receiving replacement units that had problem #2. To save us both the possible headache and expense of doing multiple returns I waited until now because I am hearing reports of the latest Solos having no problems at all.

Additionally I have both bought and helped sell numerous Solos and Extremes and have spent hours fixing issues on two Solos that did not have to be returned to you. For my effort and what I consider very good will towards your company I have been offered in effect $15. I have also spent additional time writing emails back and forth with you. I will be reporting back to the FC community about my warranty experience with you and if it is unsatisfactory I don't see how that helps Arizer in any way.

I do not feel I received a response from you that explains how I am in error here and should pay for return shipping other than "if a customer has a warranty issue within the first three months of purchase we do cover return shipping in those cases." I clearly have had a warranty issue within the first three months of purchase. Again, I feel I did us both a favor by waiting beyond those 3 months to return it for service. For that I feel I am being punished. I do not understand why you don't just say, 'I understand why you waited unitl now to return it and yes, in this case we will honor the fact that there was indeed an issue with this unit since day one and we will be happy to take care of you and appreciate your business and support of Arizer.'

Thank you,

VapeArts"

VapeArts,

VaphingApe415

Thanks VapeArts, got the same proposition...
Do the warranty replacement come with the glass accessories? ie draw tube and aroma bowl
Early adopter, so gave away the ceramic...and the replacement came with glass accessories, does this stil hold true or do they just send you back a replacement solo and charger?

VaphingApe415,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
why is shipping $30?? I could ship the solo for less than $10 priority... that doesn't make sense.

jambandphan03,

VaphingApe415

Word! Are you in the states? Cause I checked online, shipping from sf to Canada is about $35.xx USPS...

VaphingApe415,

ilovebOObs

looks like i will have to go buy another solo. had a buddy drop by, he brought over some home made bubble. we both shared a whole bowl of the hash. it was non stop clouds for 2 cycles. after that he just have to have the solo right away and made me sell mine.

ilovebOObs,

hogleg

jambandphan03 that is correct!

hogleg, I will try with less cotton. I thought 1 qtip head was little (what I use now), all you use is a quarter?
yes I started with bigger and now its just bare minimum

hogleg,

MrNorml

looks like i will have to go buy another solo. had a buddy drop by, he brought over some home made bubble. we both shared a whole bowl of the hash. it was non stop clouds for 2 cycles. after that he just have to have the solo right away and made me sell mine.
Suggested the Solo for a friend and am guessing he's ordered it by now... It's a nice unit for sure.

MrNorml,
lol. That happened to me the other night but lucky for me I had two.

VapeNStone,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've actually lost 2 that way myself. :lmao:

Stu,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ok, so today I went to pull out my solos to shoot a quick vid of the "duo" setup, I got to my bag and...
I left the solos at my friends place. :|

I won't be able to shoot one tomorrow, but maybe on Friday.

Frederick McGuire,

beers

Not sure if this has been posted before, I recently purchased a solo from vape world and was told that Arizer has been manufacturing the M105 and that there has been no changes from the M105 to the M107.

Regardless I was given a M107 and have not had one single smell issue or any problems at all and I am very picky and cautious. They said that Arizer has been changing the manufacturing numbers so they can try and track how so many units are ending up at non authorized retailers.

Whether any of this is true of holds any weight behind it I have no idea, I'd say your guess is as good as mine. On another note Vape World price matched Puffitup and I got the solo for 189 from them great experience overall, I am local to them and did not want to wait for shipping and the one local headshop that actually had solos (M107 too) was asking 300 and would not budge, craziness!

beers,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

wow, I have had 4 friends buy solos after using mine but that takes the cake!

ru_frothi,
Gentlemen, I have arrived, and the view is fantastic from up here! :)

M106 SS arrived at my door at noon courtesy of Vaposhop (props to Frederique et al). The camera definitely adds a few pounds, this thing is tiny! Fashioned 2 screens into a metal tea-bag deelie, loaded it, got the tight fitting stem into the chamber, and set it to stun (7).

Started drawing on it when it hit 4 and was quite taken aback by the stream of vapor that ensued, plus its resulting cloud. Not bad. Not bad at all. Second draw was even better! Tastier, fuller, and a bigger cloud on exhale. So far I love this thing!

Much experimenting to do, I shall return. Once again, thanks FC :)

TalkShowMan,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
hmmm we should really get PV to start selling these new stem rings, that way older models can fix the loose stem problem.

+1. My M107 ring feels tight now but I also worry long term and agreed older users can upgrade. Planet vape please can you look into this thanks.

Gentlemen, I have arrived, and the view is fantastic from up here! :)

M106 SS arrived at my door at noon courtesy of Vaposhop (props to Frederique et al). The camera definitely adds a few pounds, this thing is tiny! Fashioned 2 screens into a metal tea-bag deelie, loaded it, got the tight fitting stem into the chamber, and set it to stun (7).

Started drawing on it when it hit 4 and was quite taken aback by the stream of vapor that ensued, plus its resulting cloud. Not bad. Not bad at all. Second draw was even better! Tastier, fuller, and a bigger cloud on exhale. So far I love this thing!

Much experimenting to do, I shall return. Once again, thanks FC :)

Yeah its just so nice just maxing it out on 7 for full vapor blast action. I find if I pack too much herb in the bowl I struggle to inhale fresh air after the vapor exhale. Sometimes forces me to stick to smaller more manageable amounts or run at lower temp. But then if I really work at it I can rince a bowl in under 3 minutes on 7. :D

norcal

ive yet to run mine past 5, and i did that only once. I like 3 or 4, perhaps ill try 7 for fun lol

norcal,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
me too, 4 seems to be the sweet spot on mine, but I have yet to experiment on the higher setting. I put it on 5 yesterday just to see the difference, it was not as flavorful as 4 but I got thicker vapor. It starts to taste scorched though, so I put it back to 4. So far all my ABV has been a nice toasty golden brown when I am done, nothing too dark or black looking. I sandwich my herb between stainless screens, so the particles don't drop into the bowl, and I only load it about half way and that keeps me more medicated than I need to be at one sitting. It's amazing how strong the vapor can be compared to combustion. Of course it makes sense that you are getting more of the good stuff when you don't burn it. I don't know what I was doing wrong all those years ago, I had been trying to use vaporizers for years, and didn't really like them. Always resorted to smoking instead, seemed like a waste to me at the time to vape. Now I sing a different tune. I just used the straight solo stem to hook my bong up to my desk vape because it slid right into my stem and connected to my whip with ease, and that had me ripped for a couple of hours yesterday. I'm glad I figured out how to appreciate these vaping devices. carry on... :cheers:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: norcal

ilovebOObs

so where is everybody getting their solos from? starting to regret selling my solo, its was perfect. but after a bowl full of hash it was very hard to say no,hahaha

ilovebOObs,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've purchased my last couple from Randy @ PIU. Email him to make sure you're getting the best possible deal and he'll take good care of ya.
:2c:

Top Bottom