Arizer Solo

darebear999

Errl said:
Oh yea, on my initial break in of my unit I took the top piece off and ran it on setting 7 for 3 cycles. I believe this is a common practice on a lot of these production manufactured vaporizers. Degassing of materials used in production are (in my experience) super gnarly intense melting plastic smell. Whenever I do my initial heating on any vaporizer I do it in front of a fan blowing air outside because it will make the whole room smell.

*edit* I'm sure that in 95 pages of a thread my points have already come up, just felt the need to throw in my :2c:

I've ran mine for at least that and it still smells as strong as ever.

darebear999,

darebear999

w4m2k0 said:
Hello, new to FC. Ive read this whole forum now I believe. I ordered the solo the other day. I'm really feeling like it was a gamble though.. If I either get the perfect vape or one with chemical residues is seeming to be a coin flip. Wish me luck lol:uhoh:

Good luck! It's sad being one of the unfortunate. I sit here in front of portable vape that in theory should be rocking my world...but not through multiple chemical sensitivity ; >
I've asked Arizer for a replacement to the newer model but they are telling me that they will repair or replace it as they deem fit. So, I asked how exactly do you repair stink?! I've stood firm about wanting a replacement and am waiting to hear back. So, by all means good luck! I let you know if my luck improves.

darebear999,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
w4m2k0 said:
Hello, new to FC. Ive read this whole forum now I believe. I ordered the solo the other day. I'm really feeling like it was a gamble though.. If I either get the perfect vape or one with chemical residues is seeming to be a coin flip. Wish me luck lol:uhoh:

Luck wished ;)

It does sound like more and more of a gamble to buy a Solo right now reading this thread. It saddens me somewhat, as an owner of a flawless working M102 with ceramic bowl. I just wish you all could experience one as I have and am.

But I guess stickstones bet on 2013 isn't to far off by the sounds of it. Damned shame though, because a proper working Solo does seem to be the perfect balance between a heavy hitting SSV and a ultimate conservative log type vape imo. The portable part was never more than just a bonus to me.

Ape; sound like an awesome mod you did there. I thought there was a thread somewhere explaining how to post pictures here but I can't find it right now. Easiest tip i can give you is to quote another members post with a photo in it to see how they did it, but if that still doesn't make sense to you feel free to send me an email if you want me to explain the details to you. It's really simple once you done it once.

edit: I still see a lot of new owners complain about a smell issue and looking for a solution. It's not my solution and I do think it is pretty retarded that it's necessary at all, but there have been several posts on the last few pages about backing the top cap off in an oven to get rid of the smell. I suggest you read back and try it if you're looking for a quick remedy.

OhTheAgony,

darebear999

Damned shame though, because a proper working Solo does seem to be the perfect balance between a heavy hitting SSV and a ultimate conservative log type vape imo.

Agreed. While I've never tried the SSV I've owned a volcano, an iolite and a mflb. I tried the solo once (even with the smell/taste...wish me luck there) and could tell that it would be the almost perfect portable vape were it not for the intolerable smell/taste. I hope they get their act together and start representing soon.

darebear999,

w4m2k0

Does anyone know the percentage of solos with a smell/taste problem? This forum has anything and everything there is about the solo and I can't seem to find my actual chances of the issue occurring to me in here. The help is appreciated. Stay awesome FC :brow:

w4m2k0,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ape, that link didn't work for me.

If you move your mouse pointer on to one of your uploaded photo's and right click you can select 'copy image location' or something similar (mine is set to dutch so I'm not sure exactly what it says in English).

After doing that you can click on the little Polaroid image right underneath the :p emoticon when posting here on FC, right click again and paste the url (pressing ctrl + V will do the same) and voila, an image will appear.

w4m2k0 said:
Does anyone know the percentage of solos with a smell/taste problem? This forum has anything and everything there is about the solo and I can't seem to find my actual chances of the issue occurring to me in here. The help is appreciated. Stay awesome FC :brow:

Only guesstimates can be made I'm afraid. People complaining on the internet isn't a really good indication of actual numbers. Unfortunately you don't often hear the people who are satisfied with their product. Best number you could come up with is the percentage of satisfied FC members with a Solo. If you think that means anything feel free to read the thread again, keep scores and do the math.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

@ da ape- this is the exact instructions I got from uncle vito in the DBV thread.

''go to imageshack or photobucket.
upload photos
get direct link.
here while posting touch image icon
paste in the image link!''

the image icon is the little tv looking icon below the :p

paste the direct link path from the photo site in the URL box that come up & hopefully

Volia- piccies for all to see.

hope this helps dude.

dorkus_molorkus,

dorkus_molorkus

sorry OTA, I should have refreshed beofre i got busy.

what he said

:ko:

''Damned shame though, because a proper working Solo does seem to be the perfect balance between a heavy hitting SSV and a ultimate conservative log type vape imo. The portable part was never more than just a bonus to me.''

IMO-I feel this statement sums up the solo perfectly.

dorkus_molorkus,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
ape.... copy & past the 'direct link' dialog listed at photobucket of the three choices they give.

Edit: hehehe... me too... what he said, lol

On another note: Others were looking for the 4-hole straight stems (myself included), and I just found them newly listed at a Canadian vendor called PlanetVape. Just thought I'd share the find as I'm about to order some.

smokum,

dorkus_molorkus

@ smokum- dont forget to apply the fc discount.

FCLOVE15 for 15% onetime use only

FCLOVE10 for 10% off all the time.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Tried refreshing with the same result. I think the link works for you because it's your photobucket. It takes me to a page with a filled in password but when I enter it says "this is a private album'. Might want to edit that post and take that link down because someone handier than me could possibly use it to hack your account :)

OhTheAgony,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
Big ass snap but here is my "Sippy cup 2 barrel"

snubnosestem.jpg

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Put a 1/4 inch band of surgical hose on the end for bit of a mouth piece and something to hold on to when loading hot.

Da Ape :myday:

Vaped Ape,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
dorkus_molorkus said:
@ smokum- dont forget to apply the fc discount.

FCLOVE15 for 15% onetime use only

FCLOVE10 for 10% off all the time.

Awesome dorkus !!! thanks for that....

smokum,

cluffy

Vaker
Well darebear999, I got my Solo today and have been trying to burn off that smell/taste all afternoon and evening. Yes I had to try it, I'm a smoker and I've inhaled all sorts of nasty things so I didn't care. The vapor production was excellent but that taste is nasty. I finally decided it's almost like iodine. It stays in the glass afterwards too. I was able to burn it out using my DBV at full temp, but it returned as soon as I used it in the Solo. I'll keep trying but that's how it goes so far. It's a black ceramic model M104-XXXXX though I was assured by my retailer that I was going to get a new SS version. I'm sure I'll be taken care of but I'm not gonna discuss the procedings till the outcome. It's really too bad because this thing would be great to take to parties. It couldn't replace my MFLB for a pocket vape but it would be nice not to have to plug in my DBV or log vape and still share big clouds with friends...

cluffy,

Vaped Ape

How I roll. SS Solo and Solo 1.0. I see no difference in how the 2 Solos perform stems withstanding. Notice the cap on the right that I stripped the finish off of and polished the alum back up.

HowIroll.jpg

Last snap shows the "V" cut in the lip of the bowl on the brown stem. Sorry pic is poor.

Vstem.jpg

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@da ape- thats so cool.

I think I'm gonna have to put a v in mine as well, gotta find a dremel from somewhere. I still use the inverted UBER screen, I still reckon it rocks harder than without. but I havent even tried since the screen went in.

I like the one hitter size it gives me.

whats the value to the stubby stem?? any noticable difference in performance or is it just a more convienient size??

peace

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

Here is what the small glass tubing cutter looks like that I cut down my stem with

Griffintypeglasstubingcutter.jpg

Here is the table top sander that I used to sand and square the stem to final length. Used about 200 grit at this point and finished and polished the snubby with 600 grit wet or dry sand paper

tabletopsander.jpg

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

darebear999

[/quote=cluffy]Well darebear999, I got my Solo today and have been trying to burn off that smell/taste all afternoon and evening. Yes I had to try it, I'm a smoker and I've inhaled all sorts of nasty things so I didn't care. The vapor production was excellent but that taste is nasty. I finally decided it's almost like iodine. It stays in the glass afterwards too. I was able to burn it out using my DBV at full temp, but it returned as soon as I used it in the Solo. I'll keep trying but that's how it goes so far. It's a black ceramic model M104-XXXXX...

Mine is silver but from the same lot as yours. I agree with what you're saying but I've ran my for a couple dozen cycles now at high and it seems like the smell is getting stronger too me, not diminishing. Too me it smells like a combination melting solder and melting rubber. Two gross tastes in one! ; >

darebear999,

Vaped Ape

dorkus_molorkus said:
@da ape- thats so cool.

I think I'm gonna have to put a v in mine as well, gotta find a dremel from somewhere. I still use the inverted UBER screen, I still reckon it rocks harder than without. but I haven't even tried since the screen went in.

I like the one hitter size it gives me.

whats the value to the stubby stem?? any noticable difference in performance or is it just a more convenient size??

peace

I love the way it hits. Set it on 5 and drops to 4 on longest draws. No way I could draw it down from 5-3. I especially like it on my tight Solo. Wait till it gets gooey! Also now it is adaptable and as a bent stem style it really wasn't. Don't see myself without one.

I never did get an answer to the question of whether a couple of Vapor Tamers rotating in and out of the freezer would keep up for say 4-6, 12 min sessions??

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

cluffy

Vaker
@ Vaped Ape:
It's too far to my freezer to try that, I'm usually in pretty good shape by the end of one VT session, but I think that would work with two Saturns most likely and 2 Fatties maybe. I started a VT thread here: vt thread

I'll try and get some more experimenting going there.

@ darebear999:
Here's hoping we both get satisfied... same for others with our plight.

cluffy,
Top Bottom