1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Arizer Solo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, May 27, 2011.

1. ataxian

ataxian California

Once I vaporized flower it became impossible to smoke a joint or even take a bong rip.

For me combustion is like eating burnt food. I have become hyper sensitive from Vaporizing concerning flavor. Most of the people I know love their BIC lighter and a bong.
    These day's I keep to my self and medicate properly!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    SpruceGruve, Seren, Pipes and 5 others like this.
  2. 420time

420time Well-Known Member

well you got use to the full flavor and a real punch in the face from a vape, and when you try to light a bowl it makes you feel groggy and shitty... sensitive... ichy/dry throat and so when you take that hit from the bong its like wtf is this taste. i havent smoked from a bong in a long ass time but its like once a month or so i enjoy a hand rolled joint, or something i find that is a great replacement instead of using the blunts from deli's. It is the Romeo Y Julieta mini cigars. just split up empty em, dump the leaf and only use the wrap. its like a small brown cig ;)

Quetzalcoatl and ataxian like this.
  3. WeedChimp

WeedChimp New Member

I feel it, just that nasty taste and the high is not clean. Ill occasionally take a bowl with wick or a wand. But a shorty solo bowl out of my rig and im golden :smug:

Any water diffusion? that sounds like overkill for me, especially straight from the stem . Even with diffusion i put it at 5, 6 max.

SpruceGruve, ataxian and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

I've smoked in situations where there wasn't any way around it. Not only did I not get that high (15 minute buzz), but it tasted terrible. The curse of the vaporizer :argh:

OF, Seren, SpruceGruve and 1 other person like this.
  5. 420time

Smoking a joint is nice and all but all I can smoke is half and then I'm like am I high or Imma go back indoors and just vape a bowl to make sure I'm medicated. Then Im like fuck, I got half a joint left. Hate clipping it and saving it since it always has that clipped joint taste for a few good pulls and the end I'm pulling from gets oily resin making my lips have kinda like hash oil.

it's been 4-5 days since I smoked a cig and my lungs are clearing up, no more taking big ass breathes to breathe and no more wheezing sounds. Can actually breathe through my nose instead of mouth ;). Most likely going to be on a good 2-3 weeks of thc break then qp or hp of greenhouse stuff ;). It's better to save up around 800$ at a time so you can purchase at least a qp to yourself and just be left alone without much risk of being in trouble with the law.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Kief, ataxian, Seren and 1 other person like this.
  6. DoZeY422

DoZeY422 Member

Nah no diffusion, just me messing around with my new toy.

7. 420time

Use water diffusion. You'll fall in love and it's a whole new level/experience in vaporizing. You keep pullin and pullin till you realize how big of a hit you took and are coughing a bit but that hit is compared to a punch in the face. Trust me I've been punched in the face quite a bit so I'm not just saying it I really mean it, the solo punches you in the face when paired with a bong/bubbler of some sort.

Gray Area, Kief, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  8. DoZeY422

DoZeY422 Member

Well you started it, point me in the right direction and the order will be placed. :popcorn:

Seren and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  9. WeedChimp

WeedChimp New Member

[​IMG]

Need a gong or a rig?

ataxian, DoZeY422 and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  10. sloth

sloth Member

I'm thinking of either getting the pinnacle micro-shower water tool attachment or a smallish bong to use with my solo. Which should I get?

11. DoZeY422

DoZeY422 Member

The Gong is the adapter? Rig?
    <--- noob

12. Quetzalcoatl

Either is fine. Depends on what you want. A small tube is a desk piece, the Pinnacle Water Tool is smaller and more portable if that's your thing. There's also the F-Bomb on planetvape.ca which is a little more expensive but similar. Some prefer it to the PNWT. I don't have one of those types of water tools, just a straight tube and a sidecar, both oil rigs.

GonG is the ground glass bit, that will be at the other end of the glass on glass stem opposite of the bowl. Rig...? Is that what you have, a glass piece with a male joint instead of female? My two pieces are oil rigs, so I bought a female-female adapter and a regular 18mm GonG stem!

Let me know if you need more help?

ataxian and DoZeY422 like this.
  13. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

What this guy said^^.

[​IMG]
    :cool:

:peace:

Alex43rd, nighteyes, ataxian and 4 others like this.
  14. DoZeY422

DoZeY422 Member

Looks like Planetvape is all out of everything I need. :cry:

15. aceskace

aceskace Member

Gday,

I recently moved to asia, where good quality herbs are unavailable. Finally got my hand on some regular stuff (lot of seeds/twigs, and low potency)

Wondering if there is an optimal setting or technique to get the most out of the herb (using an Arizer Solo).

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

SSVUN~YAH and natural farmer like this.
  16. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

I would try grinding very fine and taking slow hits. Also make sure its really dry

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  17. aceskace

aceskace Member

Cheers for the info.

Any recommended temperature settings?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  18. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

Go for the max temp the herb allows you so it doesn't have a bad taste… Try lowering your tolerance as well… I have been there and I could get as high as I get with high grade… It's all about your tolerance imo. Don't do two bowls. Do one bowl and next one after a couple of hours. Pace yourself. The tolerance will go down pretty fast. Good luck!

Ox45, SpruceGruve and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  19. aceskace

aceskace Member

Cheers mate much appreciated

SSVUN~YAH and natural farmer like this.
  20. Herr_Dampf

Herr_Dampf Herr Glas

Soon I will become one of you! Soon!

Dreamerr, DoZeY422, Burken and 2 others like this.
  21. Quetzalcoatl

Hope you read the last 20 pages :whip::whip: :rofl:

Hey @Stu, is that a PVHES GonG or a regular stem GonG?

Gray Area and Herr_Dampf like this.
  22. exit

exit Spectral Analysis results below.

Pack loosely, just dense enough that it won't fall out when it's loaded in the Solo, usually i start at 4 and work my way up if i feel i can get hotter hits. if it starts tasting too hot and bad just knock it down a notch.

23. exit

exit Spectral Analysis results below.

I have been getting the most amazing solo performance by not using a grinder anymore.

I just take a little tiny bit of nug and crush it up in my fingers and carefully let it all fall into the bowl without falling. Then just tap it down a bit to make sure it's in place.

I really swear it works better than ground. And no it isn't my grinder... i feel this way regardless of the grinder used ;)

could be placebo! who knowS!

Quetzalcoatl and ataxian like this.
  24. Herr_Dampf

Herr_Dampf Herr Glas

Done, otherwise I wouldn't have placed the order in the first place. ;)
    Now, to order a few high efficiency stems and a nice GonG connector.

ataxian, Burken, Seren and 2 others like this.
  25. Burken

Burken Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Here you have my latest addition to the Solo, a compact bubbler by Bent Glass.
    I've used it for the last couple of days and so far I love it!
    Before this I used the Solo with my cheap bong but they didn't pair up well at all.
    Sorry for the bad pic but I only had my phone available.

Edit: Uhm, is the pic showing for you guys or is it just my computer that won't show it?

mod note: You must link to the image and not the host page. Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    Ox45 and ataxian like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors