day1
033.jpg

and when I tried to fix it
001.jpg

this is an M107

hogleg,

tepictoton

hmm

how did you manage to do that? Mean, firstly how did you get that piece to be dented, secondly how did you try to 'repair' it?

tepictoton,

hogleg

first stem in pushed it in and it is very rigid especially when cold. I used a little tool to try to get under it carefully but the damage was done just straightening it out caused it to break.

hogleg,

vape4life

Banned for life
Bummer hogleg, what I do is I ramp up the temp to 7 (although i'm not even sure if it's necessary), and then take the top cap off and do my stem manipulation/insertion. It will snap in and then i'll remove and do it a few more times, and then put the cap on and do it again and presto.

Shouldn't be a prob, i've had a bunch of these Solo's so far, however Arizer should put it in the manual or have a little insert explaining this.

vape4life,

Nkliph

Hi TDND ;)

I had used a Volcano Classic for years, then I wanted to try something for portability and I bought a Iolite. After the Volcano, the Iolite was a big disappointment... For me, the vapor was too hot, the butane did not last long, the taste was going too fast, and mostly large ignition problems that cause I stopped using it. Then, I bought a MFLB, but I have quite not used it because it did not suit my heavy use, even with 8 batteries.
Then I bought the Solo, and I must say I was impressed by the clouds of steam, the taste, and the battery is long enough.

To your question as concerts in public, no problems with the Solo. The stems cool quickly, and especially you can prepare several in advance.
Then, to be discreet, you can hide the Solo as some do:
DSC_1612a.jpg
p2283283.jpg

++
Phinéas
Nicely done - what was used to remove the top of the soda can so smoothly?

Nkliph,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@nkliph. I think you can just use a can opener - the old fashioned kind that takes off the lid from inside the lip.

J.R.R.Tokin',

hogleg

Defect? He was using a tool to help insert the stem and broke the ring, no?

No I was not using a tool with the stem I used the tool to try and unfuck the ring and no kevin would not help he sent me back to the retailer

hogleg,

vape4life

Banned for life
My bad, I misconstrued your post. Contact your retailer for an exchange, if they don't cooperate contact Kevin again. They will make it right. That's odd though you are the first with this kind of "blemish". It would almost seem as it was caused by trying to force a stem in too aggressively.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That sucks Hogleg, but if it arrived like in that first picture you posted you shouldn't have tampered with it in the first place I think. I could understand it if they refuse to solve this under warranty, it really looks like this was done by the user now. Good luck anyways :tup:

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: vape4life

vape4life

Banned for life
Not really sure what you mean there, but the m107 is awesome...the teflon ring definitely helps with loose spinning stems. I've had m102, m105, and two m107's. I'll be keeping the m107 until there is another "upgrade" whatever that may be, then i'll have to have it too.

vape4life,

hogleg

Well who knows what differences there are between mine and yours but my M107 that is in my hand had loose stems immediately and that seal is so fragile. It does perform it works great

hogleg,

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Nice threads, Tokin's solo :p. My solo's in the mail, can't wait to get back on the vapor train :spidey:. Any in-use differences between the CRZ (only vape I've used) and the solo?

Bleezy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The biggest difference is that with the Solo, you are playing with a shot clock. You must wait a couple of minutes to have it heat up, then you have about a 10 minute window to do your business. The CRZ has no shot clock obviously, so you don't need to plan your sessions. You have to plan (granted, very little) for Solo sessions.
:2c:

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey JRR you wanna start selling those? lol I just use a sunglasses little baggy.
Lol. I just do these things to get me through those long 12hr over-night shifts, where I'm all on my lonesome stuck in the office. Making that took me through 2 shifts - not doing it constantly, but picking it up now and then in-between doing work bits and getting vaped!

Top Bottom