• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo Case

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Cannabis Council
Greetings,

New member here. I've been lurking for a bit reading and learning. There's a lot if info to be found here. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful posts.

I tried searching through a couple forums and threads here which I thought might have some relevant discussion but am coming up empty.

I picked up a new Arizer Solo recently and am looking for suggestions for a good case or even which one(s) to stay away from. Features I am looking for:
  • Securely store all components including heater, glass tubes, charger and possibly small/medium 3 piece grinder.
  • Ability to shutdown and store the Solo rapidly after use in either an assembled or disassembled state, I don't mind either way (glass tube inserted or removed). Maybe some kind of heat resistant interior?
  • Air/water tight to keep smells and freshness in.
  • Lockable. Either via an integrated lock or some way to affix a lock to the case to keep things stored safely in the house.
In a perfect world all of the criteria above would be met but I know without building one myself it's unlikely to happen. It doesn't hurt to ask though!

What do you fellow members and other Solo owners think? Do you have a case that you really like? Any thoughts on one that might fit my needs?

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid,
Reactions: Solan

thesoloman

hey man i have had three solo's and have always used thesehttp://www.vapecase.com/index.php/
Lemme start by saying im FUCKING brutal on my solo's, and have never broken any anything while tossing the case around, ive even trown it before and its been ok, plus the case is smell-proof(human nose), crush proof (i don't recommend trying to prove this wrong... your vape might not be to happy.) and another plus is that its water proof too.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I use a sunglasses case. Not the sturdiest of them all, but the Solo+stem fits fine and can be put while hot. The biggest advantage is that it was free and inconspicuous. :D

EDIT: won't fit a charger of course.

thesoloman

I also had a soft pipe case that i got at a headshop, that was for a bong about 6" long, it worker perfect for a solo, and a strait stem, plus it had a foil lined pocket that was smell proof for your herbs, this case was my light carry case when i didn't need the all out protection of my vapecase. My solo also fit in it while in use and looked like an insulated water bottle or something, unfortunately i seem to have miss placed the soft case but ill see if i can find, if i do ill throw up a pic of it. i also gave my buddy a semi-rigid psp case that he uses, it works fine for him, but hes not as rough as i am on my vape...

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Cannabis Council
I was poking around the Vaporpedia and found the link to the Pelican cases. Both the 1150 and 1200 look like they may be good candidates as well. They appear to be pretty similar to the Vapecase except you make your own cutouts by removing small cubes of foam to customize your storage needs.

Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid,

thesoloman

looking at my vapecase you can lock it on the front with a small luggage type lock or a zip-tie.

thesoloman,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Your normal day to day bag, 1 bubble wrap for solo, 1 bubble wrap for stem

All done :)

m0sh,

Curiousone

^^Unfortunately, my travel setup is like yours, lol.

I didn't plan on admitting it though. I like to toss it in a backpack for ease, but still...I plan to at least buy some plastic tubes to hold my stem eventually.

Curiousone,

m0sh

^^Unfortunately, my travel setup is like yours, lol.

I didn't plan on admitting it though. I like to toss it in a backpack for ease, but still...I plan to at least buy some plastic tubes to hold my stem eventually.

I don't like special cases...it makes it much less stealth IMO... bubble wrap FTW, simply no reason to use other things...

m0sh,

m0sh

What do you use, elastics?

WZ1ipwT.jpg

The red one, got planty in my IT company ;)

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Cannabis Council
I settled on a Pelican 1300 case. Items in the case so far:
top left: small meds jar​
top right: medium jar for grinder and Solo stems​
bottom right: Arizer Solo​
bottom middle: Solo charger​
bottom left: small ABV jar​
I still need to add cigar tubes for my straight stems and something to hold toothpicks for bowl clean out.

box_100_001.jpg
box_100_002.jpg
box_100_003.jpg
box_100_004.jpg
box_100_005.jpg

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid

Cannabis Council
I'm having a moment and can't seem to find an edit button to add to my previous post.

I may be pointing out the obvious but the Pelican 1300 isn't necessarily a stealth case to carry about in public. While there is no visual clue to what may be inside, the size of this case would not lend itself well to hiking, cycling or stowing in a backpack or bag to carry around. Could it be done? Sure, but it's a bit on the large side.

It does make for a nice and tidy one-stop-shop for a full session from start to finish. It is reasonably inconspicuous and can be secured with a simple lock to keep it family safe. The construction of this case is practically military grade. It is heavy duty and will handle travels to the cabin without issue.

So there you have it friends. It works well for my needs and I wanted to share my experience with others looking for a storage solution.

Thanks for the feedback and input. It definitely helped narrow down choices :)

Obi-Wan Cannabinoid,

Solan

California Tech
I opted for a Vapecase from ToysNGamesEtc on Amazon for my Arizer Solo. No clue about the seller, but it shipped Prime so when it gets here in two days I'll post a review.

Thanks for your help Obi. This thread has been a fantastic resource.

Solan,

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
I settled on a Pelican 1300 case. Items in the case so far:
top left: small meds jar​
top right: medium jar for grinder and Solo stems​
bottom right: Arizer Solo​
bottom middle: Solo charger​
bottom left: small ABV jar​
I still need to add cigar tubes for my straight stems and something to hold toothpicks for bowl clean out.
Thanks for sharing obi. one question, how did you manage to make the cuts in the foam? or was the foam already pre-cut?

VaporGuy,

Burken

Burken,
Reactions: VaperB
Top Bottom