Arizer Solo 3

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Does anyone know what the preset temps are for on demand and how to adjust?
I was surprised how nice level 2 was.

It is the old air settings I believe, first is 356, then 374, then 392, then 410, and finally 428... Unfortunately they cannot be adjusted though! I love how I can go lower in session mode so I use that much more (around 362 is when flavor has faded after milking the low settings and I prefer to dump there dry)

Cacahuates

It is the old air settings I believe, first is 356, then 374, then 392, then 410, and finally 428... Unfortunately they cannot be adjusted though! I love how I can go lower in session mode so I use that much more (around 362 is when flavor has faded after milking the low settings and I prefer to dump there dry)
I forgot about lvl 5! That's hot.
It's so nice to be able to go so low and get nice vapour, but also be able to crank it it up.
This thing is great.

ginolicious

Been gone for a hot minute. Slowly stopped using pot. And now I’m slowly starting to hit joints again. Haven’t bothered using any of my vapes. Latest one I have is a FF 2+. Then I saw this fucking thing. Never owned an Arizer product. Always wanted one. Now I’m really debating about grabbing this fucker. One thing turning me off was the draw resistance. Was also looking at a mighty or venty as well. But don’t feel like paying those prices.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Been gone for a hot minute. Slowly stopped using pot. And now I’m slowly starting to hit joints again. Haven’t bothered using any of my vapes. Latest one I have is a FF 2+. Then I saw this fucking thing. Never owned an Arizer product. Always wanted one. Now I’m really debating about grabbing this fucker. One thing turning me off was the draw resistance. Was also looking at a mighty or venty as well. But don’t feel like paying those prices.
I wouldn't worry much about the draw resistance, there's very little. The stem loading vapes have most of their draw resistance governed by how you load the stem. Load the stem and try inhaling though just the stem before putting it in the vape. If you packed it properly and can breath through it without resistance, it'll work fine.

There are also "high flow" stems that use regular metal screens instead of the glass screens with few holes. This also helps but isn't really necessary imo if you load the stem right. I'm very happy with the Solo 3. It's an awesome vape and the best portable out there for me right now.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
This unit has the classic Arizer draw, stiff. Until now with the new easy flow tubes. Still kinda stiff ,but way better than before. The flavor is amazing. I'm getting good terpy rips through my entire session . Lower temps really shine, and the extraction is better than before. Very even abv, and at 428 in my bubbler the abv is deep chocolate :D. Love the taste. I don't do on demand much. Seems fine to me, I mean my Roffu is quicker , but by seconds only. I can wait ;) .

Shit Snacks

This unit doesn’t have the same feeling like sucking a milkshake through a straw does it? Don’t want to go blue in the face trying to rip on it haha

Again, this does depend how you pack it, it's not wide open air flow per se, but it's definitely better than the OG and not milkshaken in that classic sense lol

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
This unit doesn’t have the same feeling like sucking a milkshake through a straw does it? Don’t want to go blue in the face trying to rip on it haha
I don't think you'd like it . Arizer has a restrictive flow, not as much as as before, but still restrictive. I'm sure someone can recommend a device more suited to your needs. I use a dimpled cooling stem that was a "second" to loose for Arizers specs, so I used it with my Tera . Now I use it in my S3 and it rips like a champ.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Their are many videos that aren't hard to find that should satisfy your curiosity about this vape. My Solo 3 arrives this Friday and not expecting any draw restriction problems. Again, if you pack it tight like a conduction vape, the draw will be restrictive.

Arizer now has included XL stems that have twice the load capacity and 25% more air flow.
stem.png
stems1.png

Pukka

Some judicious use of a dremel on the glass stem screen will cure any airflow issues with the GonG. It does mean you need a screen, but things get all opened up.

You all evil folks convinced me I need to complete my Arizer collection. It's on the way along with an 18mm PhDHEGonG Turbo High Efficiency Shorty GonG. Only for scientific exploration, or at least that's what The Wife thinks.

ginolicious

Haha yep, this is the way... You'll be able to sell it if you don't like it, and it gets you off those joints ASAP!! Nice to have you back
It’s been a while my man. Thanks! I just want a nice portable that I can use camping or fishing and sit around and sip on. Long sessions. Short sessions. What ever. Ya know. And Arizer is Canadian. Always wanted to give em a go. Love the stem loading as well. And not to mention the on demand now has me really enticed.

Shit Snacks

And not to mention the on demand now has me really enticed.

Just be advised it is not on demand like the FF or other similar style were, it is more like an on-demand session, mini session or one hitter, adds more control (speed and power)

Petetbay

Just be advised it is not on demand like the FF or other similar style were, it is more like an on-demand session, mini session or one hitter, adds more control (speed and power)
I just tried on demand today and I’m really liking it, no button holding on demand, can work with that, it’s like another device. Good thing it has big batteries, I can see way power consumption w/on demand.

Shit Snacks

I just tried on demand today and I’m really liking it, no button holding on demand, can work with that, it’s like another device. Good thing it has big batteries, I can see way power consumption w/on demand.

Yep, although it is not like on demand units that have a session mode where it is really like autofire holding the trigger for you, this is like I said more of a mini session at your demand, auto heating with the button pressing based on your temp and time settings, and you have control preheat or stop it early etc. (and I must say again how well it retains heat, often I use the entire on demand heating session without any inhale, then I do my hit once it is powered off to fully clear and it keeps going for a while with vapor!) However yes there is a bit more power consumption using On-Demand mode, especially with the standby if you leave it on in between, as I do often, then get distracted lol Set the auto shut off to 20 minutes so I sort of have to remember to turn it off when I am done in a given moment

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hey all. Sad to say I'm experiencing a charging issue today using the included charger and cable. Battery won't charge past 86%. Briefly touches 87% then jumps to a lower number in the 70s and start the loop over again.

Any ideas how to proceed? Tried using the battery a bit but no dice. Either thinking of draining it until it shuts off and trying again or trying a factory reset. Charging with different chargers had no effect. 😐

Edit: Receiving email support. I'll report back how it goes...

Last edited:
Just tried another bowl where I went back to my regular medium grind, light tamp and heat soaked in session mode at 372F for about 15sec before drawing. The heat soak coupled with gentle initial draws helps eliminate any scooby snacks.

I was looking for a session with thick tasty draws but nothing too hot and this temp delivered. I think it's safe to say now this vape is tastier for me than even my desktops. It must be the really short glass path that does all the magic. My desktop vapes use all-glass vapor paths as well but perhaps they're just longer? I know I parted ways with my OG Solo long ago but I don't remember this much taste?

I don't know what it is but I taste things I've only tasted previously when using vapes like the Vaponic or the Terpedo. The problem with them though was always that I never had fine temperature control. This magical thing solves all that. The heater is *very* capable from what I've seen so far.

I know it can already milk low temps well but I sometimes like a short, powerful session... but I don't want to sacrifice too much taste... it's a balance. I'll try to see if I can go lower than 372F and have the same experience.

Gawd, I can't wait to try some hash in this thing.
I use a concentrate pad for the TM in the WPA for the Solo III. I load the WPA and put it in the bong before plopping the Solo III on it. Drop some hash or other concentrates on it, crank it to 428 in session mode and have at 'er.

CannaSeur68,
Reactions: endof3d

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
How do you turn it on? It was working but I held the M button and it powered off. Holding the M button won’t power it back on.
Three dots appear one at a time then the screen goes black. Sometimes the three dots appears and a lock shows up before disappearing.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to let go when the third dot comes up. If you continue holding the screen goes black.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Any ideas how to proceed? Tried using the battery a bit but no dice. Either thinking of draining it until it shuts off and trying again or trying a factory reset.

I’d try RESET 1st,
Then if possible run the battery till it’s depleted, then try the charge cycle.
Perhaps it’s hitting the voltage cutoff too soon in the charge cycle, which shouldn’t happen unless this device has the S&B Venty user setting, which allows you via BT, to set the charge to 85-90%.
But, you say it’s starts the charge loop again, so my BET, you’ll end up with a replacement…. :(

Shit Snacks

How do you turn it on? It was working but I held the M button and it powered off. Holding the M button won’t power it back on.
Three dots appear one at a time then the screen goes black. Sometimes the three dots appears and a lock shows up before disappearing.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to let go when the third dot comes up. If you continue holding the screen goes black.

Classic haha yeah I was pretty frustrated at first when trying, but now it is super easy for me to do it without thinking much at all :tup:

R1ng0

Mine arrived yesterday combusted on 168C so now after cleaning it all 167C hits the spot with cherry gushers very nice ridiculously powerful 190C instant combust using standard water pipe adaptor crazy lol

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I’d try RESET 1st,
How does one reset the Solo 3?
Then if possible run the battery till it’s depleted, then try the charge cycle.
Yeah, I tried. Same behavior. Oh well.
Perhaps it’s hitting the voltage cutoff too soon in the charge cycle, which shouldn’t happen unless this device has the S&B Venty user setting, which allows you via BT, to set the charge to 85-90%.
But, you say it’s starts the charge loop again, so my BET, you’ll end up with a replacement…. :(
I think so too.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Top Bottom