Arizer Solo 3 vs Tinymight 2?

dimmusp

I have a Tinymight 2, but VAS is always lurking and the Arizer Solo 3 is intriguing...

Is there any reason to get a Solo 3 if you already have a TM2? What advantages would it have?

For reference I also have a Herborizer Ti, Crafty+ and Heat Island, but I never use them because the TM2 is so convenient.

Thanks

BreadStick

Thanks for starting this thread I'd say lots of people will have this question on their mind.

Something I'm really interested to hear is a comparison on how even is the roast on the solo 3 vs the TM2. I've read some reports saying they think the solo 3 is a majority conduction/more hybrid device so I'm wondering would the roast be more even?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a Tinymight 2, but VAS is always lurking and the Arizer Solo 3 is intriguing...

Is there any reason to get a Solo 3 if you already have a TM2? What advantages would it have?

Ehh, honestly, no... Not at all, unless you want the hybrid experience it offers, they are quite different, on demand mode in S3 is more of a controllable micro session, just like how session mode in the TM2 is simply holding the power button down for you... Neither changes the properties of the vape really, and though they are great features, the names are a bit more marketing esque, Solo's on demand is not really like anything else in the market, though similar experience can sort of be done in other vapes...

So the advantage would be the dual 21700 batteries, though they are fixed, hybrid heating and fixed stem bowl style, and primarily how solo is automatic, TM is much more manual, more versatile imo and with better vapor quality seemingly to me so far, even though S3 offers a bit more manual control now and more power too

For reference I also have a Herborizer Ti, Crafty+ and Heat Island, but I never use them because the TM2 is so convenient.

Thanks

Yeah you know yourself better than I do of course, but I don't think you would be reaching for the solo over your tinymight, though I do find it more convenient than mighty, and if you're not using your plugins TM would probably keep you more satisfied ultimately, although S3 can certainly keep up with strong effective and efficient vapor!

Thanks for starting this thread I'd say lots of people will have this question on their mind.

Something I'm really interested to hear is a comparison on how even is the roast on the solo 3 vs the TM2. I've read some reports saying they think the solo 3 is a majority conduction/more hybrid device so I'm wondering would the roast be more even?

Hmm well it can be, but it depends, one reason I know there is plenty of convection present or capable depending how you use it, if I do on demand higher temp longer hits, the material closest to the heater will be much darker as can happen with glass stem pure convection... So there are techniques to combat this, not loading to the edge, lowering the temp and/or time settings, etc. just like with TM2 (as you see conflicting reports from different users if they feel that extraction is even depending on how they use it) so for me TM is an even extraction how I use it, and it's definitely possible for S3 to be uneven too... However yes, it is more hybrid, if you maximize the conduction, more consistent fine grind loaded with room, and/or milking lower temps longer, you can allow Solo to produce a more even extraction (in some ways it can actually be quite similar to BAK and maybe FW7/9 functionally in that way)

dimmusp

Ehh, honestly, no... Not at all, unless you want the hybrid experience it offers, they are quite different, on demand mode in S3 is more of a controllable micro session, just like how session mode in the TM2 is simply holding the power button down for you... Neither changes the properties of the vape really, and though they are great features, the names are a bit more marketing esque, Solo's on demand is not really like anything else in the market, though similar experience can sort of be done in other vapes...

So the advantage would be the dual 21700 batteries, though they are fixed, hybrid heating and fixed stem bowl style, and primarily how solo is automatic, TM is much more manual, more versatile imo and with better vapor quality seemingly to me so far, even though S3 offers a bit more manual control now and more power too

Yeah you know yourself better than I do of course, but I don't think you would be reaching for the solo over your tinymight, though I do find it more convenient than mighty, and if you're not using your plugins TM would probably keep you more satisfied ultimately, although S3 can certainly keep up with strong effective and efficient vapor!

Thanks for the info! It's refreshing to hear a voice of reason that doesn't automatically gush over the new flavor of the month. 🙂

What do you mean by the S3 being more automatic and the TM2 more manual? Isn't the TM2 simpler since you just have a single button and a dial, whereas the S3 has a screen, multiple buttons and per-degree temp adjustment?

One thing I don't like so much about the TM2 is that my throat can end up sore, probably because you need to inhale so much hot air to get the convection going (even through my CC Protégé bong).

Is the S3 easier on the throat? I'm thinking the oven itself would do part of the heating for you, so you wouldn't need to pass so much hot air through the herb. That said, the Crafty/Mighty are also hybrid and yet they're known for the "Bickel tickle", so I might be wrong...

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the info! It's refreshing to hear a voice of reason that doesn't automatically gush over the new flavor of the month. 🙂

Always a pleasure to help however I can! Honestly have been pretty spoiled by the artisan made products with their versatile capability and vapor quality...

What do you mean by the S3 being more automatic and the TM2 more manual?

I mean the way it produces the vapor, think of how you use solo in session mode normally, automatic... Think of how you would use milaana or toad normally, manual... So TM2 is a bit more automatic in a sense with the regulation, however it is true on demand manual heating with the button press, in session mode it is holding the button for you, but the pure convection also relies on how you inhale to create the vapor manually... So even when you are using on demand mode in the Solo, the way it works, you press the button then it heats up for you, based on your temp and timer settings... It can be more manual with that extra control, and if you are maximizing convection using your inhale more as well, however it is still a pretty automatic experience, especially if you are relying more on the hybrid conduction of course.

Isn't the TM2 simpler since you just have a single button and a dial, whereas the S3 has a screen, multiple buttons and per-degree temp adjustment?

Indeed, and I love that analog experience personally, however a lot of people find a screen with detailed menu and full d-pad simpler for them perhaps? However what I mean by simple in use, is the vapor production, solo would be more effortless as the vapor can be more automatic, created for you with the hybrid tech, even if you are trying to maximize convection on demand, you are still listening to the device, watching the screen etc based on your settings, hitting more according to it, instead of according to yourself... More automatic and less manual, you see? Whereas TM is more completely manual, controlling the button and inhale from the heating element through the herbs, true on demand pure convection, which is often more manual even when regulated, although not necessarily universally as there have been a few capable of more automatic on demand pure convection experience...

One thing I don't like so much about the TM2 is that my throat can end up sore, probably because you need to inhale so much hot air to get the convection going (even through my CC Protégé bong).

Well, this of course depends on how you are using it, trying to use a short plain stem with the TM2 is quite intolerable for me, and I sort of feel the same way about trying to use S3 with its stock short stem... I have some great aftermarket cooling stems and hooks for TM these days so that is all I use with it, rarely through water although I do on occasion, that is more where my Tetra comes in to take over... Through water Solo is not as problematic for me, depending on the hits and temps etc though of course, and so many different water pieces to so it's hard to say universally?

Is the S3 easier on the throat? I'm thinking the oven itself would do part of the heating for you, so you wouldn't need to pass so much hot air through the herb. That said, the Crafty/Mighty are also hybrid and yet they're known for the "Bickel tickle", so I might be wrong...

Yeah, the hybrid heating is intense, part of what reminds me of BAK, I have had some really harsh hits and experience with S3 honestly, part of why I am running it on the low end more consistently, I get what you are saying about it heating for you, if you were in session low temp you could keep puffing on it reliably, for me though that many back-to-back hits even through a hook is not very enjoyable and can get quite harsh... Temp stepping of course, mostly through water on demand, depending on the load and the temps, yeah it can still be quite hot and harsh for me, I do think maximizing the convection it could be a bit better? But yeah maximizing the hybrid effect means harsher vapor for me personally, and could be part of my bias against session style vapes in general for my average use...

I had been using Solo 3 exclusively pretty much among dry herb vapes, so I was able to rely on it, even doing back to back extractions through water, but I do think my throat was suffering a bit more honestly? Not sure if it was related, as there are other factors of course, but I had noticed quite a bit more acid reflux too after most uses (I have a ton of things to try it with though so I have not used everything, or even close to it, yet including my protege v2)

Last edited:

techtoker

After
Always a pleasure to help however I can! Honestly have been pretty spoiled by the artisan made products with their versatile capability and vapor quality...

I mean the way it produces the vapor, think of how you use solo in session mode normally, automatic... Think of how you would use milaana or toad normally, manual... So TM2 is a bit more automatic in a sense with the regulation, however it is true on demand manual heating with the button press, in session mode it is holding the button for you, but the pure convection also relies on how you inhale to create the vapor manually... So even when you are using on demand mode in the Solo, the way it works, you press the button then it heats up for you, based on your temp and timer settings... It can be more manual with that extra control, and if you are maximizing convection using your inhale more as well, however it is still a pretty automatic experience, especially if you are relying more on the hybrid conduction of course.

Indeed, and I love that analog experience personally, however a lot of people find a screen with detailed menu and full d-pad simpler for them perhaps? However what I mean by simple in use, is the vapor production, solo would be more effortless as the vapor can be more automatic, created for you with the hybrid tech, even if you are trying to maximize convection on demand, you are still listening to the device, watching the screen etc based on your settings, hitting more according to it, instead of according to yourself... More automatic and less manual, you see? Whereas TM is more completely manual, controlling the button and inhale from the heating element through the herbs, true on demand pure convection, which is often more manual even when regulated, although not necessarily universally as there have been a few capable of more automatic on demand pure convection experience...

Well, this of course depends on how you are using it, trying to use a short plain stem with the TM2 is quite intolerable for me, and I sort of feel the same way about trying to use S3 with its stock short stem... I have some great aftermarket cooling stems and hooks for TM these days so that is all I use with it, rarely through water although I do on occasion, that is more where my Tetra comes in to take over... Through water Solo is not as problematic for me, depending on the hits and temps etc though of course, and so many different water pieces to so it's hard to say universally?

Yeah, the hybrid heating is intense, part of what reminds me of BAK, I have had some really harsh hits and experience with S3 honestly, part of why I am running it on the low end more consistently, I get what you are saying about it heating for you, if you were in session low temp you could keep puffing on it reliably, for me though that many back-to-back hits even through a hook is not very enjoyable and can get quite harsh... Temp stepping of course, mostly through water on demand, depending on the load and the temps, yeah it can still be quite hot and harsh for me, I do think maximizing the convection it could be a bit better? But yeah maximizing the hybrid effect means harsher vapor for me personally, and could be part of my bias against session style vapes in general for my average use...

I had been using Solo 3 exclusively pretty much among dry herb vapes, so I was able to rely on it, even doing back to back extractions through water, but I do think my throat was suffering a bit more honestly? Not sure if it was related, as there are other factors of course, but I had noticed quite a bit more acid reflux too after most uses (I have a ton of things to try it with though so I have not used everything, or even close to it, yet including my protege v2)
How is the flavor compared the to tm2? I impulsively preordered a solo 3, but now I'm rethinking it because I already have a tm2 that doesn't get much use.

techtoker,
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

So I actually used Solo 3 with a friend tonight, something I don't really ever do anymore, but I also shared my TM1 (using 5-pearl GVB cooling stem, same length as the S3 stem actually) with her previously... She preferred the Solo!

She smokes, not so much vaping experience though she's tried a couple others of mine, but so this kind of speaks to my point of how much more manual the TM is... S3 much more automatic, of course we were using it in session mode, but low temps tasting very good actually with some nice bud finally... Anyway we even used it walking to dinner, which I haven't done in a really really long time, and was quite a nice experience! Was really easy to unload and carry loose in hoodie pockets after finishing it, passing it back and forth at 340 then 354 was pretty perfect all around classic positive simple experience...

I think there are some people that could get on with tinymight right away, but when you are used to smoking the way she is, the solo was better (the variables with TM are just too many and more involved perhaps for non-enthusiast, she did note that S3 was a bit involved, in reference to it all being involved, but in use it was pretty perfect and something she could probably use consistently reliably on her own someday too)

Another variable is the weed, we used a different brand or whatever mango something she had a month ago with TM so also the temps being different maybe even having the cooling pearls in the stem, whatever other variables, not quite as ideal of an experience?

How is the flavor compared the to tm2? I impulsively preordered a solo 3, but now I'm rethinking it because I already have a tm2 that doesn't get much use.

It depends how you use them... I think better is capable with TM2, but I actually just had some nice tangiland in the S3 that had great flavor at 340, however it does fully fade from the conduction and goes through the terps a little faster in its session style so it is a balance of temp step timing... Riding the very lowest temp settings on demand in TM with a nice hook for example, temp stepping low, tastes better for me overall, but solo direct was nice n terpy. I should probably try this nice bud in the TM and others to compare but I only have a couple little nugs now lol

If you are relying on upper temps, hard to say, you think the TM2 flavor is not good enough to be enjoyable for you and your style of using it?

techtoker

Ok
So I actually used Solo 3 with a friend tonight, something I don't really ever do anymore, but I also shared my TM1 (using 5-pearl GVB cooling stem, same length as the S3 stem actually) with her previously... She preferred the Solo!

She smokes, not so much vaping experience though she's tried a couple others of mine, but so this kind of speaks to my point of how much more manual the TM is... S3 much more automatic, of course we were using it in session mode, but low temps tasting very good actually with some nice bud finally... Anyway we even used it walking to dinner, which I haven't done in a really really long time, and was quite a nice experience! Was really easy to unload and carry loose in hoodie pockets after finishing it, passing it back and forth at 340 then 354 was pretty perfect all around classic positive simple experience...

I think there are some people that could get on with tinymight right away, but when you are used to smoking the way she is, the solo was better (the variables with TM are just too many and more involved perhaps for non-enthusiast, she did note that S3 was a bit involved, in reference to it all being involved, but in use it was pretty perfect and something she could probably use consistently reliably on her own someday too)

Another variable is the weed, we used a different brand or whatever mango something she had a month ago with TM so also the temps being different maybe even having the cooling pearls in the stem, whatever other variables, not quite as ideal of an experience?

It depends how you use them... I think better is capable with TM2, but I actually just had some nice tangiland in the S3 that had great flavor at 340, however it does fully fade from the conduction and goes through the terps a little faster in its session style so it is a balance of temp step timing... Riding the very lowest temp settings on demand in TM with a nice hook for example, temp stepping low, tastes better for me overall, but solo direct was nice n terpy. I should probably try this nice bud in the TM and others to compare but I only have a couple little nugs now lol

If you are relying on upper temps, hard to say, you think the TM2 flavor is not good enough to be enjoyable for you and your style of using it?

You actually called out the main use case I was interested in using the solo 3 for. I was thinking of using it in session mode with my GF.

Alternatively , I want it for a chill, flavorful experience when I don't want to do 1 big rip with the tempest. Or mess with a heater and hot metal in the middle of the night. 😂

Thanks @Shit Snacks, based on your info, I think the solo 3 actually is the experience I'm looking for.

gangababa

I kinda began with an original Solo that I still use. Later, intrigued by the TM talk, I bought one too.
The two vapes are much alike; glass stems and heaters. Yes, the heat transfer differs in the two vapes with the TM having a much faster, more powerful heater. However, the Solo will blacken ABV; the TM never, or practically never.
The Solo itself can (could) also be used to heat a stem in perhaps 90% convection mode.
Similarly, I can use a Solo stem in a Boundless Tera for 100% convection (OK, 99%).

Now this. One of my two short TM stems and one of my several Solo stems slip fit together. The TM glass and O-ring do create a seal.
20240420-162044.jpg

It works. Any minimal air being drawn in between the two tubes simply helps cool the Solo stem and vapor.
20240420-162208.jpg

Tight enough to lift by the TM glass. And no, I do not know what newly happened to mark the wood.
20240420-162415.jpg

Shit Snacks

Interesting. I've owned a half dozen Solo 2s that succumb to Error 5 failures. When Arizer became hard nosed about it, I bought a Tinymight 2 and never looked back. After loyally using Solo/2 for so many years, I found TM2 a vast improvement. What is Arizer going to call Error 5 on the Solo 3 -- Error 55? Have they fixed this flaw, yet? I have yet to meet a Solo that didn't die from it. Would've liked replaceable battery. I have a new Solo 2 I hardly use, so doubt I'll be buying another variant. Apologies for expressing my skepticism but pot makes me facetious and mischievous. :myday:

They are very different, sounds like really bad luck, my original solo was replaced twice, the first one so defective that it vented while I was using it, which is still pretty upsetting... But the company always stood by the product, and never had any problem like that since, fortunately, never heard anything about these errors either... there are plenty of people who had problems with the TM as well so it's all relative, to be fair

I guess the replaceable battery of the TM2 is attractive in that sense, however it kinda horrifys me that even tipping over the tiny might on my desk could break the glass around the oven...

Um, it cannot... The glass is much more durable than that lol it can be dropped without issue, of course random chance, anything can break one dropped, even a solo, but certainly tipping over while on a desk would do nothing damaging...

There is a glass liner above that was replaced with steel recently but there is still a glass liner around the heater btw

The solo scares me in the fact that they can be unreliable and I'm not sure how supportive arizer is with device failures

Unreliable? Again this is all relative, you'll see reports of pretty much any vape, pros and cons, people who have had great experience and be blue have had horrible experience... Typically both companies stand behind their products and take care of their customers

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
However, the Solo will blacken ABV; the TM never, or practically never.
I was watching the Troy and Jerry show recently where they were putting their Solo 3's through the paces.
The vape truly powers through. It is a monster, in a good way. I was starting to get that itchy feeling, especially with the huge 420 discounts being offered. But the 2 things that pushed me away was the size of the thing, and the lack of uniform heating. There was one part where they showed the abv in the glass bowl and the top was almost black while the herb furthest from the heater was light brown. That was with the larger sized glass chamber. That really turned me off.

In the video, Jerry makes the effort to indent the herb so it's not pushing up against the heater. Then at 33:30 he hits it a few times and shows the herb pack in the bowl, then dumps it out to show the uneven roasting. My TM2 would never roast like that. Nope.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
There was one part where they showed the abv in the glass bowl ant the top was almost black while the herb furthest from the heater was light brown. That was with the larger sized glass chamber. That really turned me off.

In the video, Jerry makes the effort to indent the herb so it's not pushing up against the heater. Then at 33:30 he hits it a few times and shows the herb pack in the bowl, then dumps it out to show the uneven roasting. My TM2 would never roast like that. Nope.
To be fair, I think that problems with uneven heating like that are largely user error from overpacking the stem. If you load the stem, slight tamp and you can inhale through it freely before heating, you're good. I don't yet have the newest Solo (coming!) but I know that Troy and Jerry can be bulls in a China shop with vapes.

Have a look at Lee's first impressions. I didn't see evidence of uneven heating in this video with the XL stems.

Shit Snacks

In the video, Jerry makes the effort to indent the herb so it's not pushing up against the heater. Then at 33:30 he hits it a few times and shows the herb pack in the bowl, then dumps it out to show the uneven roasting. My TM2 would never roast like that. Nope

To be fair there are plenty of people who have that kind of problem with the TM, I noticed that in S3 and mentioned it initially, however the more I used it and learned it, I can avoid it now... Trying to push high temps especially in on demand mode with a packed bowl is an easy way to overdarken the tip leaving the bottom not fully extracted yeah

Pappy

shmaporist
They are very different, sounds like really bad luck, my original solo was replaced twice, the first one so defective that it vented while I was using it, which is still pretty upsetting... But the company always stood by the product, and never had any problem like that since, fortunately, never heard anything about these errors either... there are plenty of people who had problems with the TM as well so it's all relative, to be fair
FYI, Dozens of users on FC have owned Arizer Solos that died from Error 5. In the old days they stood by the product with a replacement but a few years ago Arizer developed a stance of Error 5 replacement denial.

Last edited:

techtoker

My buddy currently has my TM2, but the solo 3 definitely gives it a run for it's money!

I wouldn't get a solo 3 if you already have a TM2 and don't mind the more "manual" nature of the TM. However, I'd recommend someone choosing between a TM2 and Solo 3 to go with the solo based on the performance to price ratio. The solo is currently smacking me in the face when in all demand mode, and some of the flavor hits I've gotten have been fantastic.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I have the Air 1 and the Solo 2, as well as the Tiny Might. The Air 1 gets a little more thicker vapor but it's a little more roasted, the Solo 2 gets a bit wispier vapor and generally stays light even on extended sessions.

I've been curious about how the Solo 3 fares in regards to the 10-15 minute sessions. It looks like they are pushing for the more on-demand heating with marketing about convection, though I've read that it's still conduction heavy.

I like the variance because sometimes you want the 1-4 hits from the Tiny Might at once, and sometimes you want the slower 15 minute session with multiple draws. Curious about how the Solo 3 will be!

Averyminya,
Reactions: cosimo

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I'm going to agree! :tup: The solo 3 I was skeptical about the on demand but they've done a fantastic job with it! :nod: It really rips and gets hot quickly for an on demand hit added with all glass the flavor is phenomenal!:rockon: on setting IV I run it twice to kill a regular stem, V is more for full nugs or pieces because it gets hot quick I combusted some shake loaded in there.:doh: I'm working on my load and technique for the mega stems they include, boy they hold alot! The unit is perfect in my hand. It has my Venty doing a run for the money and compared to the TM 2, well, now they ARE comparable! :cool: I rocked with solos back in 2013 and now I'm gifting my 2 to a buddy because I love the 3 so much! :love: Nice job Arizer!
Edit: I can do a regular cap, on demand, 1 power cycle now instead of 2!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I've been curious about how the Solo 3 fares in regards to the 10-15 minute sessions. It looks like they are pushing for the more on-demand heating with marketing about convection, though I've read that it's still conduction heavy.

Depends how you use it, works better maximizing the conduction for me, more enjoyable, milking the lower temp settings that are available in session mode... Can be 20 minutes long, I have it set there so I can just turn it off whenever I want anyway, you can maximize convection with higher settings in on demand mode depending on your draw and setup, with the stock stem I found that way too hot and harsh personally and I don't think I could go above the third setting even through water... High powered!

electrokho82

Hello, here's my review that should address the question about the Solo 3 vs Tinymight 2: The Solo 3 is similar to the Tinymight 2 in vapor profile but slightly less powerful and with a much tighter airflow. The airflow of the Solo 3 is similar to Mighty's airflow (maybe just a little bit more restrictive), especially if you pack loosely (l pack a maximum of 0.18 grams in the XL stem and 0.1 grams in the regular one). For those who don't have a Tinymight 2 and are deciding between the two, recommend the Tinymight 2 because it's more powerful and efficient. However, for those who already have it and are looking for a second vaporizer to enjoy a bit longer while watching a good movie (you can enjoy 10 to 20-minute sessions when using it on lower temperatures), then the Solo 3 is perfect for that. It also has the power to finish a bowl in less than 2 minutes if you are looking for that, but not to finish the bowl in one draw like the TM2 (but you can definitely achieve 1 draw hits with the regular WPA adapter). But I must admit that I haven't touched any of my other vaporizers since Monday (22nd April) night, and don't feel the need to (so the Solo 3 does the job well; I still consider myself a heavy user, needing power to satisfy my lungs and it delivers that). This says a lot about this vaporizer; it's excellent but not quite on par with the Tinymight 2 or Venty. If I were to rank it among my other portable vapes, it would be in third place: 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty...

All it lacks is a bit more airflow, which probably would have allowed it to surpass the Tinymight 2 by adding more power to the draw (if the heater can handle it)... Also, it's important to remember that it's not a true on-demand vape like the Tinymight 2; the Solo 3 has 20% conduction, so after heating the bowl, it takes a good 20 to 30 seconds for the temperature to drop to a level where there's no more extraction, so you either need to remove the stem right after your hit to stop the extraction or continue taking 3-4 additional hits while the temperature drops... I like it because even with my Tinymight 2, I try to take at least 3-4 hits before setting it down... But for those who want to settle for just one hit and set it down without removing the stem, it's not the best choice because the herb will continue to be heated for about twenty seconds after the first hit... Even if you reduce the heating time to a minimum, meaning 5 seconds, the 20% conduction will still have an extraction effect after the heating ends, so it's not a pure "on-demand" like the Tinymight 2... Here's my review on YouTube, but it's only in French (hopefully my small text review helped you):My review and tests of the Solo 3 (only in french, sorry)

dimmusp

Hello, here's my review that should address the question about the Solo 3 vs Tinymight 2: The Solo 3 is similar to the Tinymight 2 in vapor profile but slightly less powerful and with a much tighter airflow. The airflow of the Solo 3 is similar to Mighty's airflow (maybe just a little bit more restrictive), especially if you pack loosely (l pack a maximum of 0.18 grams in the XL stem and 0.1 grams in the regular one). For those who don't have a Tinymight 2 and are deciding between the two, recommend the Tinymight 2 because it's more powerful and efficient. However, for those who already have it and are looking for a second vaporizer to enjoy a bit longer while watching a good movie (you can enjoy 10 to 20-minute sessions when using it on lower temperatures), then the Solo 3 is perfect for that. It also has the power to finish a bowl in less than 2 minutes if you are looking for that, but not to finish the bowl in one draw like the TM2 (but you can definitely achieve 1 draw hits with the regular WPA adapter). But I must admit that I haven't touched any of my other vaporizers since Monday (22nd April) night, and don't feel the need to (so the Solo 3 does the job well; I still consider myself a heavy user, needing power to satisfy my lungs and it delivers that). This says a lot about this vaporizer; it's excellent but not quite on par with the Tinymight 2 or Venty. If I were to rank it among my other portable vapes, it would be in third place: 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty...

All it lacks is a bit more airflow, which probably would have allowed it to surpass the Tinymight 2 by adding more power to the draw (if the heater can handle it)... Also, it's important to remember that it's not a true on-demand vape like the Tinymight 2; the Solo 3 has 20% conduction, so after heating the bowl, it takes a good 20 to 30 seconds for the temperature to drop to a level where there's no more extraction, so you either need to remove the stem right after your hit to stop the extraction or continue taking 3-4 additional hits while the temperature drops... I like it because even with my Tinymight 2, I try to take at least 3-4 hits before setting it down... But for those who want to settle for just one hit and set it down without removing the stem, it's not the best choice because the herb will continue to be heated for about twenty seconds after the first hit... Even if you reduce the heating time to a minimum, meaning 5 seconds, the 20% conduction will still have an extraction effect after the heating ends, so it's not a pure "on-demand" like the Tinymight 2... Here's my review on YouTube, but it's only in French (hopefully my small text review helped you):My review and tests of the Solo 3 (only in french, sorry)
Thanks for the information!

What makes you rank the Venty over both the TM2 and the Solo 3?

dimmusp,

electrokho82

It's more convenient and portable since it doesn't have glass like my old TM2, and I find it easier to use, especially with capsules during hikes. Although the TM2 delivers heavier hits, it feels more artisanal with its lack of digital screen, mechanical level changes, short battery life, and risk of combustion at higher temperatures. Luckily, I haven't encountered any issues with my Venty; otherwise, if I experienced an error 04, I might prioritize the TM2 as the #1...

electrokho82,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom