Arizer Extreme Q vs Arizer Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
One thing I want to mention is that you can pack the same amount of medicine in the EQ as you can the AA. Just use the elbow pack method. I find this method is best for producing the best, strongest hits.
Yes, I know about the elbow packing and there was a time when I was doing that.
But I hate several things about that.
First, if the herb is not super sticky, it will not stay there and fall down to the cyclone bowl. Or fall down after the first hit or stir.
Which takes me to the second point - you still need stirring. The sides of the elbow pack will remain green. And stirring that is pretty much impossible without making a mess. And after you stir it, it will very probably not stay there anymore at all.
In the Solo/Air, the bowl is about the same size, but doesn't need stirring and the herbs don't fall out into a worse place. That's why I like Solo for small loads way better. If I wanted a good bowl system in EQ, I would load an VapeXhale ELB and then put it into the elbow. That eliminates all the problems with elbow pack (can't fall of anymore because of ELB cap and the enclosing mesh also enhances the heat distribution so you don't have to stir). Also it enables you to load more herbs this way. But that's already modding, as I said you can make the EQ perform well, but with modding.

Seek,

bobbylite

@Seek so when you say modding the EQ.. Is that the Ddave mod kit or is that not enough? And is further modding needed to enjoy it?

I ask because I just purchased the EQ along with the Ddave mod kit. My only other vape experience is with my Air that I've had for roughly a month now. Hope I'm not in for a disappointment.

bobbylite,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@bobbylite , are you in for a disappointment? Far from it...
Your in for a nice surprise...

The eq stock will please you, the addition of the ddave kit will blow you away, specially if the air is all you have used...

I can put as much herb as I want through my portable, and it will never get me to the same point that 1 hit from the eq does...

The other day I vaped all day with my flowermate, by 6 pm I was feeling a little fatigued and groggy from a hard day vaping, got in from work, had one hit from my eq, and I was higher than I'd been all day, full of beans and ready to go again. I love the euphoria from the rapid extraction that the eq can deliver...

Anyway, your gonna be happy...

bobbylite

@kellya86 thanks so much for that response. Now I just wait patiently for things to arrive :tup:

Just got shipping confirmation. :brow:

Last edited:
bobbylite,

bobbylite

This sucks....USPS says they delivered to my parcel locker....but the fuckin mailman didn't give me the key to open it? Or didn't deliver. This blows :cry:

bobbylite,

bobbylite

@kellya86 hi!! Actually the postman put the keys in someone else's mail box... Luckily they were nice enough to return it to me without opening it. :lol:

I had been holding out for the Ddave mod to arrive... But last night I filled up a bag for the wife. And I tried to whip... I went back to the air + bong combo.

Hopefully this thing just needs the Ddave mod...

bobbylite,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Don't give up on it. A stock eq should still wipe the floor with you..

Jus takes a little practice to be at one with your vape...it's very important to get the eq and all glass parts hot before vaping....

I put the cyclone, elbow and whip on it, set to 220 and fan 1 for 10 mins, this will preheat everything nicely.

While that's happening I load the basket(about half full and lightly tamped), turn off fan, drop to 210. Then I place my loaded basket into the already hot elbow, and let it sit until you start to see vapour condensing in the elbow...

Then take the whip and begin a slow long draw...

This should work a treat...

I then stir the elbow, put temp to 220 and have 1 more hit...

Same method for @DDave kit.. but I drop all the temps by 10 degrees. So 200 for 1st hit, 210 to finish...

If I'm in the adapter I start at 185 and finish at 210.

Hope this helps...

Haven't used stock in ages, ddave kit really ups performance.

bobbylite

Thanks @kellya86

I'm going to give your technic a shot soon as I get home this evening. Thanks so much for those tips.

I did preheat..just didn't have the fan on. I was able to produce vapor and even kinda choked myself... But was nothing compared to the air+bong

Does the Ddave mod kit come with parts so I can attach to water tools? Sorry should have asked Ddave before I ordered, just assumed everyone hit vapes thru water tools?

What I did LOVE was how easy it was to suck/hit the whip. It's like I'm suckin on a milkshake when I hit the Air.

bobbylite,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
With no fan it would take my eq about half hour to heat up to an acceptable standard.
Fan 1 just accelerates the process.

I don't use my bubbler often, I feel it robs my actives... I like dry vaping, gets me much higher...

But when I do use my bubbler I use 2 x 18mm ddave wands, and a small length of silicone tubing.

But yes with the ddave kit and stock parts you will have no trouble connecting to water..
Even just 2 stock elbows would do.

I too love team lack of draw restriction, but this brings with it, it's own problems...

You really need to control your draw, or you end up drawing too fast and getting weak vapour...

I actually swap out the ddave tubing in favour of a slightly smaller diameter tube, I like the change in airflow that results. (Not quite restriction).

Let me know how it goes, I sure when you get the eq working properly it will blow you away.

kellya86,
Reactions: bobbylite

bobbylite

Alrighty... I ran thru the setup exactly as you laid out @kellya86

Very impressed. At first I didn't think I was doing it right...but then bam there's the vapor. Kinda sneaks up on you.

I just ran it with the whip.... Coughing my face off. I really enjoyed the flavor without the water... But I miss that cooling effect.

Excited to see what this thing can do modded

bobbylite,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Glad to be of help...

I'm sure the more you use, the more you will be able to read the vape and produce consistent, thick vapour.

The draw technique is very important...

You should be able to see vapour streaming through the elbow...

kellya86,

bobbylite

Yea I'm sure I will get more accustomed to it.

I'm still figuring out the Air. I've learned to place the stem in with the herbs for a minute or two before I hit.....awesome awesome vapor always follows.

bobbylite,
Reactions: Stevenski

bobbylite

Maybe it's mental....I need to hit thru a water tool. Or maybe I just don't like vaping thru the whip of the EQ.

Gonna set the Q to the side until the Ddave mod arrives and I can test it with my bong.

My Air + bong gives me way more satisfying hits. The Q ... After the first hit I'm scared to go back for more because it's so dang harsh. I cough just thinking about pulling on that whip :ugh:

bobbylite,

TomC1315

Maybe it's mental....I need to hit thru a water tool. Or maybe I just don't like vaping thru the whip of the EQ.

Gonna set the Q to the side until the Ddave mod arrives and I can test it with my bong.

My Air + bong gives me way more satisfying hits. The Q ... After the first hit I'm scared to go back for more because it's so dang harsh. I cough just thinking about pulling on that whip :ugh:

Have you tried the bag method with the EQ?

I find that the EQ bag delivery method compliments the Air quite nicely.

TomC1315,

bobbylite

@TomC1315 no I have not tried the bag...well I did fill one up and let the wife have a go at it. The bag just takes too long to fill... Then I have suck from a bag, not my thing.

I just want to be able to load a bowl in the EQ and hit it thru the bong quick and move on. The Air is working.... But I'd rather just be able to leave the unit run all day and use it as need.

bobbylite,
Reactions: TomC1315

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I promise you, when you figure the eq out, it will please you,

The eq is so much more powerfull that than the air. Also has convection power as opposed the mainly conduction air.

Please don't give up hope, the eq just takes a little more attention and technique than the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom