Arizer Extreme Q or Da Buddha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporizationvacation

Life's Hard. Wheres the batch stick?
Hey Members of FC,

I'm trying to decide between the Arizer Extreme Q or Da Buddha vaporizer. Majority of the threads on this site discussing these two products are dated some 2 - 3 years ago. I'd like to pick somebody's brain who hopefully own or have owned one one or both of these products.
Both are somewhat simular in price so lets factor that out for .
Whats important to me is:
vapour quality (not taste, but density).
heating quality (distribution)

I know the Arizer Extreme Q is versitile and has more fuctions than Da Buddha, but once again, lets factor that out right now. I'd like to put my money towards qaulity. Not a fancy design and 'cool' features.

I Apprichate any help!

-Jimmy

vaporizationvacation,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I guess DB is the better choice... even if you can get great results with the EQ...

Both are whip style (EQ bags also but I doubt you'll use it)

The heating elements for the DB might be better tho you can combust...

If you want direct draw go for the LSV and not DB, I own an EQ and a LSV.

m0sh,

vaporizationvacation

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Very Helpfull. Just gonna ask a few more quick questions on the EQ.
Is there any smell seepage when using the direct draw?
How well 'medicated' does one session leave you? And for how long?
Whats its highest temperature setting and is it hot enough?

vaporizationvacation,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Few? that's a lot ! :)

I'm sorry I must clarify, EQ and DB are both direct draw...with a whip - I meant glass to glass direct draw... LSV is the best choice IMO for price and vapor quality - but as I understand the DB and SSV (or maybe just the SSV) gives smiler results so that's really great but its a vape you'll have to stir from hit to hit so the herb will cook more evenly...
The EQ using the elbow method requires no stirring at all but the taste is so so

Seepages? well none with the EQ elbow screen...
How well medicated? depends on too many varieties to this equation...how much you put, how many people vape and above all how is your tolerance...I enjoy 0.12g loads...but if you're looking for this load I would get the Arizer solo...

The elbow method for the EQ ... I put 0.2g and vape at night with my GF, getting stoned enough ... 0.2 will medicate the hell out of me I must say...and the 0.2 alone with the LSV will rape me :D

The EQ goes up to 260C... I was a noob once and did 250C and managed to combust...IMO don't go over 220C (236C combustion)

I love the 200C mark...but 195C is also great :D

m0sh,

max

Out to lunch
not taste, but density
Between those two models, the DBV wins with ease. You have to load the elbow screen on the E (or use glass) to get vapor rich hits. If you're not gonna use bags, forget the E.

How well 'medicated' does one session leave you? And for how long?
How long is a session and how much are you comsuming? How high is high? Here's an even tougher question- What's your tolerance level compared to mine? The message is- don't ask those kinds of questions- way too subjective.

Whats its highest temperature setting and is it hot enough?
Hot enough or not is simply not an issue for either model or any other good brand name variable temp vape.

max,
Reactions: Tweak

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Whats important to me is:
vapour quality (not taste, but density).
heating quality (distribution)

I owned the EQ but I'm now rocking a SSV.

IMO, once you get your DBV technique\heat settings down it will outperform the EQ by a long shot.

The EQ has more of a restrictive draw. Maybe this is why so many users can compare digital readout temps, because the EQ forces you to hit at a slower speed. The DBV is completely nonrestrictive, allowing for some very fast draws that may turn out wispy.

If you're not gonna use bags, forget the E.

Basically this. The bags novelty quickly wore off when I couldn't get dense or flavorable hits.

Tweak,

vaporizationvacation

Lol sorry mosh but thanks again for the detailed reply! To be honest I think I'm leaning more towards the EQ. It's nice to know that it can get hot enough to actually combust the herb. I like having that option (though I'll never use it. Vaping.. DUH!) I've used a V-tower before at a buddies house and I was blown away by the results. So I was thinking, for obvious reasons, this newer EQ will be a little better/more efficent. Overall though man, Would I be happy with an EQ?

So if i'm not using the bag I Should forget the EQ? Is the EQ itself not a great product minus all the added features?

mod note: Posts merged. Read the rules please. Edit your post to add to it (within the time limit for editing). Do not make back to back posts.

vaporizationvacation,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So if i'm not using the bag I Should forget the EQ? Is the EQ itself not a great product minus all the added features?
The EQ was my first vaporizer and I don't regret purchasing it for a moment. It worked flawlessly for a couple of years, then I gifted it on to a friend. I don't think you can go wrong with either model IMO and I have no problem recommending the EQ. It got me to convert to 100% vapor, so there's something to be said for that. YMMV.

:peace:

Stu,

max

Out to lunch
I've used a V-tower before at a buddies house and I was blown away by the results.
:\ My experience with the V-Tower was what turned me off to this design. After using it for a few days I sold it. If you really are looking for dense hits, any 7th Floor offering - SSV/LSV/DBV will blow you away with more gusto. They also have a big edge in durability, with all the glass in the E. And all 7th Floor models get hot enough to combust, as if that's a plus. There's quite a bit of temp room between the highest temp vapor you'd want, and setting the herb on fire.

Would I be happy with an EQ?
Another question that only you can answer. What suits one person may make another go :(.

max,

vaporizationvacation

Thats awesome man. I guess the only thing turning me off of the EQ is how micky mouse it looks. You kmow what I mean?

vaporizationvacation,

ogcook

I owned 2 EQs (One still) and have a Da Buddha (among others).
I must say they are both nice, the EQ has the benefit of bags and a better temp control.
Yet, I use my DB constantly and my EQ isn't even set up anymore. I get much stronger hits, and since I'm just running it through glass pieces bags aren't as much of a benefit. One thing to also consider is the airpath of the EQ runs through all the electronics and plastics.

ogcook,

vaporizationvacation

Thanks a lot max. I might go with the DV if it will provide me with solid vapor hits. It looks very durable too. Any noice or sound given off of this machine?

vaporizationvacation,

max

Out to lunch
One thing to also consider is the airpath of the EQ runs through all the electronics and plastics.
Even though it's cold, incoming air through the guts of the vape, the 7th Floor design restricts the air path to the heater cover and the sealed ceramic element.

Any noice or sound given off of this machine?
No noise. Air comes into the heater cover, gets heated, and exits through the wand and whip. DBV hits are vapor dense and predictable.

max,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
One thing to also consider is the airpath of the EQ runs through all the electronics and plastics.

+1. We buy our vaporizers to conserve product and for our health. IMO, the DBV wins in both fronts.

The EQ's cyclone bowl requires at least 1/3 to be covered, any less and it just bounces around. There is the elbow pack, but you can't stir it and it only vapes the very middle. Then the air path in the EQ runs from bellow the unit, over a circuit board that contains capacitors (chance of leaking in time), and through a glass tube that is held upright by a piece of black plastic looking material that has been shown to melt in some users EQ's.

On the other hand, the DBV has a simple short air path, from the inlet hole in the glass heater cover, over a ceramic heater, and then through the opening of the heater cover, less than an 2 inches. And then there is the DBV wand that is pretty narrow and could easily vape a pinch of grinded product. I'm finding I'm using less and less material each time I vape, unless I'm in the mood and a full wand is about all I can handle a session.

Sorry for the rant. IMO, with the profit the EQ and the Solo bring Arizer, they should invest some back into R&D to make there products better. I think they are in a good position market wise that if they where to remake the EQ with some newer tech, like a wide open airpath and better CPU controlled heater, they could compete with the cloud easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom