1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizer ArGo

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by cheeseholidays, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Looks like i'll be getting the argo even though i'm looking for on demand vapes. I'll just put some screens on the stem so i can load less than .1g, am i right? I really need a durable vape since i'm not living in the states

vapingpenguin and OF like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

As I just said when you asked the same question on another thread, 'effective loads are determined by your tolerance and the strength of the herb'. For practical purposes vapes all extract to the same level (color?), unlike blazing what you put in comes out. Required load size is an individual call, subject to the quality of the herb, not the machine (vape) used to extract it really.

And again, as there, best performance will be a full load. If you're using it 'on demand' (a hit or two at a time) loading it up makes more sense?

Please go read my more detailed response there? TIA

OF

Marley420 likes this.
  3. Marley420

Marley420 Member

Thank you so much

OF likes this.
  4. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

If Durability is at the top of your list I would suggest you look at the Arizer Solo 1 or 2. The solos are built like tanks. The Argo would most likely have Arizer's great quality, but there is no long-term track record for the Argo.

If portability is close to durability look at Arier's Air 1 or 2. Also a long track record of durability.

Marley420, RUDE BOY and OF like this.
  5. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

While I agree with @sickmanfraud there are very few moving parts on the ArGo, and the retractable top which could break would not prevent one from continuing to use the vape... whichever way you go I would recommend ordering extra stems. Respect! YaMon

Marley420, vapingpenguin and OF like this.
  6. JCharles

JCharles FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017

With all of the awesome vaporizers available why would you get something that doesn't fit what you want?

As an example, the Milaana has a similar price point, removeable batteries and it's on demand.

Not saying don't get an ArGo - I plan too - just that you have other options maybe better suited.

7. Marley420

Marley420 Member

I do like the milaana but sadly my local shop doesn't have it. I will listen to you guys and i'll just get an on demand vape which is the ff2. Hope i won't regret my decision! Thank you everyone for all your inputs

JCharles and Summer like this.
  8. AegonT

AegonT Well-Known Member

Had mine a couple of days now (it took 18 days to get to me in the UK) , i like it, but its a bit underwhelming to be honest.

Its basically a slimmed down air/solo. I love the size. Im not keen on the soft plastic, the metal top part feels so much better. I think the moving parts could eventually become a problem. I dont understand why there isnt a cap for the top of the tube.

It doesnt feel quite as soild as other Arizer vapes (but that is to be expected with the difference in size i guess).

As for vapor production, again its basically a slimmed down solo/air, its work well, but not quite as well as the solo 2 which(along with my omni) is my daily driver these days.

I rarely take my solo 2 out of the house as its a bit too bulky, the Argo will fill this void, but probably wont get used at home too much. Overall im happy with the purchase, ive owned every Arizer vape except Air 2 and i havent been dissapointed with any of them. However im not sure if there would be many cases where i would reccomend it to someone as a first or main vape but for people who already own a few its a good addition to the collection.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    420golfer, KeroZen, vapen00b and 9 others like this.
  9. Kermitt

Kermitt Well-Known Member

Click to play YouTube Video

10. Kermitt

Kermitt Well-Known Member

My ArGo has arrived : -)

My first impression is really good. So small, so much power. Amazing!

I think the Argo will replace the GH for me without any problems. The longer battery life and the fact that you can use it more comfortably in a group is great.

But before I write too much here, I want to test the Argo further.

So far, I have only noticed one negative thing.
    The noise when pulling sounds relatively high. I guess it's the lower holes. If I close the lower holes, so that the air only flows in from the side, it sounds much more pleasant when pulling. Is there also a rather high sound when you draw?

dynospec, AtomicPB, Prolusio and 6 others like this.
  11. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I have not noticed much noise other than what I would expect from air being sucked though the openings. What should be obvious, but took me a little bit to catch on to, is the vents on the heater side are to allow the excess heat to escape. Well if holding the vape with fingers on those vents, well it can get uncomfortably hot! This is easily rectified and not a big deal, just something to keep in mind and unlikely a source of a burn as it is indirect heat and if you feel it you have time too move your fingers.

RUDE BOY, Jill NYC, OF and 1 other person like this.
  12. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I'll add an air flow and noise tip. You can use your finger over the intake holes to limit and slow your draw, this also changes the noise you may hear. Still a great vape, especially for it's size!

After some thought the stem with the top extended is still a little proud of the top. I would rather see the stem recessed every so slightly so that I could rest it upside down in between hits. Don't relish the idea of a moth piece touching a myriad of surfaces. Not that much herb falls in to the vape, just a thought. Respect! YaMon

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    6 to 9, dynospec and vapingpenguin like this.
  13. vapingpenguin

vapingpenguin Member

How long after a vape gets released do third-party accessories come out? I’d love to see a type of cap for the top. Kind of like what the Fury 2 comes with.

dynospec likes this.
  14. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

To me that is actually a positive. It means the airflow is non obstructive. Looks very portable compared to other arizers.

15. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

Usually within 3 months. I thought about the same. Its not fully portable when people can still smell your herb in your pocket or bag. Great idea

16. dynospec

dynospec Active Member

@vapingpenguin and @Kosherbubba You guys should ask @OF or search for his posts about caps, there are some in this thread, he has some great ideas for capping both ends of the stems, on all the Arizer portables

Here it is

OF likes this.
  17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yep, looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Cut one off at 1/4 inch or so if you want to cap the stem in place.

You get to decide how great this (or any other) idea is, all I can say is "I tried it and it works for me".

OF

Kermitt, macbill, dynospec and 2 others like this.
  18. vapingpenguin

vapingpenguin Member

This looks perfect. So you could have the stem in the device covered with this without blocking the sliding top mechanism?

dynospec and OF like this.
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

No, the top has to be down. But, of course, that also means the main package is smaller.

You could easily 'open up' the hole in the sliding part, it's plastic you could do it with a pen knife or sandpaper around a pencil?

If you want to put a cork in you have the problem of getting it out again. I goofed around with a small cork with a loop of string (to extract it) glued to it.

The bottom of the stem is still exposed when capped/plugged. Those looking for maximum smell control should consider pulling the stem and capping both ends as above. I'm a fan of this also since it keeps things clean as well as odor free. Here's what I do for Solo/Air travel:
    [​IMG]

I just leave the cover down on mine.....

OF

Baron23 and vapingpenguin like this.
  20. vapingpenguin

vapingpenguin Member

I see. I will probably be doing exactly the same as this. I was actually thinking if people would be making a cap that goes directly around the whole top like the Fury 2.

21. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Member

I know what you mean. Like a silicone glove that fits on the top. Guess that would work too.

22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sorry, don't know that one. But if you want a custom vinyl cap that's very easy to do. A male mold, made of waxed wood, metal or some plastics is dipped into a very thick 'paint' of vinyl and allowed to drip and dry (which is why all such caps have a thick 'drop' in the center of the top). You then peel the dried part off the mold.

It's been years since I've done it, but it really is that easy. Dip, dry and peel.

High production brings refinements in heating and in some cases 'blowing' the part off the mold with compressed air from inside. The material is cheap, the tooling easy and low cost and the process lends itself to 'one off' productions......... A key is it can be a simple one piece thing since it's dipped not injected.

You could be a Vape Entrepreneur, a Captain of Industry, idolized by dozens and dozens........

OF

Jill NYC, Kermitt and dynospec like this.
  23. vapingpenguin

vapingpenguin Member

Lol. A hero to the vape world you say? Hm.. I wish I was that handy. But maybe I’ll give it a shot if I can’t find something in the hardware store. But I might also be picking up those caps from amazon. Can’t wait to get my Argo tomorrow.

OF and dynospec like this.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I understand your reluctance to become a Legend and all but it's really easy to do. Here, check this out:
    Click to play YouTube Video

They made metal molds, but it could be wood, plastic or other materials. Fun to watch the rotary molder in action, it really is that easy. You'd do one at a time likely.

You could even get a couple of quotes and see how much a few of the many many makers in this industry might charge?

Or just keep you head down and keep using an obviously false name........unless you eat only fish and can balance an egg on your feet in the snow......for weeks on end.

OF

Kermitt and dynospec like this.
  25. macbill

macbill Soy zurdo, sordo, y cerdo

I've finally received my Argo after a postal snfu. I've had an extremely bad cold, so's I haven't been able to indulge in my favorite pastime until yesterday. Since I don't want to wake the Cough Monster, I've been real careful. Here is how I minimized the volume in a stem. I just had my very 1st load on the new Argo, and Madonna's voice popped up in my head singing, "It feels like the first time..". Yeah, I'm a happy camper. And yes. I did need this vape.
    [​IMG]

Creeper, Prolusio, YaMon and 8 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors