pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I like the looks of this a lot but my Solo2 hasn't been seeing enough action lately. I can see the ArGo ticking lots of boxes for lots of Vaporists that maybe haven't ever purchased an Arizer device. And those that have everything Arizer's ever made!

I loved @stickstones impromptu family shot and it made me think about chilling in the Vapor Concierge's studio and what a wonderland of all things vaporization it must be. I might not make it out alive. @ohmygodimsohigh is the same deal, way too many toys and as much as I enjoy overindulgence it's a fair bet that he would vape me under the table and there would be video of it. :o But really, you guys with years of experience and the breadth of experience with so many devices and the enthusiasm & honesty with which you share that experience/knowledge is invaluable for poor schmucks like me. Thanks!

@Kermitt You, sir, are a shining example of patience when it comes to your VAS and getting stuff. I've seen it before and thought this but I can't pass up the opportunity to let you know this time. You're so mature and grown-up at the times I would be freaking out. You are a way too well-adjusted human bean.

@macbill you make me sick with your vaporization budget! :rant:I mean that in the best way! :D Love your posts wherever you make an appearance, you always leave me laughing. I'd love to be chilling on your patio with you in your legal state with lovely winter weather rather than another grey wet English January.

I've always considered @CarolKing and @OF to be the kind and steadfast saints of Arizer on FC so it's wonderful to see you both making this thread a destination. I appreciate the knowledge/experience base with Arizer products and vaping in general that you two share with the rest of us.

Great times to be alive and so many quality vaporization devices to be had! :tup:

Marley420

My tolerance is very low so i usually take 1 hit and i'm good to go. Can you take 1 to 2 hits then turn this off for the next session or do you have to finish the whole bowl/stem?

OF

My tolerance is very low so i usually take 1 hit and i'm good to go. Can you take 1 to 2 hits then turn this off for the next session or do you have to finish the whole bowl/stem?

Lots of folks do this with Solo and Air, it should work just as well with ArGo. You might want to experiment with pulling the hot stem out which quickly cools it to freeze further vapor production. Some even 'hit' the cooling stem to hasten this.

Regards,

OF

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I ordered my ArGo on Christmas Day, it was shipped two days latter. It arrived today! It was shipped from Plainfield, Illinois which I suspect helped with shipping time as I am in the states. I’m in the process of running burn offs and will post some additional first impressions tonight. ArGo fuck yourself. :rockon:

I’m completely new to vaping and wanted an on-demand discreet device. At first (and still kind of) wanted the grasshopper but due to their reliability I’m really hesitant.
The ArGo being a “hybrid” vape, would you say it could be a stealth device? I don’t mind the initial warm-up time, but does the device leave a strong scent even right after turning it off? And would one have to vape the whole bowl or could you just take one or two hits here and there?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m completely new to vaping and wanted an on-demand discreet device. At first (and still kind of) wanted the grasshopper but due to their reliability I’m really hesitant.
The ArGo being a “hybrid” vape, would you say it could be a stealth device? I don’t mind the initial warm-up time, but does the device leave a strong scent even right after turning it off? And would one have to vape the whole bowl or could you just take one or two hits here and there?

On demand units will always smell less than session units when in use. If that is your primary concern I would stick with on demand (be it convection or conduction) Otherwise yeah you can take hits and turn it off, come back to the bowl later, but not quite as efficient as doing this with an on demand vape, regardless of heat up time. There are many other on demand vapes aside from GH too btw, and welcome to FC as well, you can find em all here if you stay a while

OF

On demand units will always smell less than session units when in use. If that is your primary concern I would stick with on demand (be it convection or conduction)

Good points. ArGo might be a poor choice given the 'needs'.

I suggest you consider Summit. VP. Designed for stealth, it vibrates so it can stay in your pocket. It heats fast (half a minute), then buzzes and shuts off again half a minute later if you don't act faster. Very little smell, very compact, easy to use.

OF

Good points. ArGo might be a poor choice given the 'needs'.

I suggest you consider Summit. VP. Designed for stealth, it vibrates so it can stay in your pocket. It heats fast (half a minute), then buzzes and shuts off again half a minute later if you don't act faster. Very little smell, very compact, easy to use.

OF
That’s a shame. I really liked the form of the ArGo. Small and sleek looking. From what I hear Arizer is also a great reliable company. I’ll look into the Summit. Haven’t come across it yet.
On demand units will always smell less than session units when in use. If that is your primary concern I would stick with on demand (be it convection or conduction) Otherwise yeah you can take hits and turn it off, come back to the bowl later, but not quite as efficient as doing this with an on demand vape, regardless of heat up time. There are many other on demand vapes aside from GH too btw, and welcome to FC as well, you can find em all here if you stay a while
Thanks for the welcome. And I’ll keep that in mind and poke around and see what on-demand devices there are. Since I heard the word “hybrid” with the ArGo I figured it to be similar to an “on-demand” device

Shit Snacks

That’s a shame. I really liked the form of the ArGo. Small and sleek looking. From what I hear Arizer is also a great reliable company. I’ll look into the Summit. Haven’t come across it yet.

Thanks for the welcome. And I’ll keep that in mind and poke around and see what on-demand devices there are. Since I heard the word “hybrid” with the ArGo I figured it to be similar to an “on-demand” device

Hybrid refers to heating with convection and conduction, most on demand vapes are convection and most session vapes are conduction or hybrid, but there are a few exceptions on both sides. Summit for example is still a session device I believe (+conduction) but can be used more on demand with "short sessions" like Puffit2. The Fury2 is a hybrid session device with very quick heat up, but like ArGo it smells more in use but can be managed.

Don't wanna get too off topic here, but the list of on demand (battery-powered) portable vapes includes: Milaana, Tubo Evic, Firewood, MFLB, MistVape Touch, Elevape, Firefly, GH and the upcoming Haze Square. Probably some others like old Thermovapes plus torch-powered options like VapCap and StickyBricks too

Last edited:

Marley420

Lots of folks do this with Solo and Air, it should work just as well with ArGo. You might want to experiment with pulling the hot stem out which quickly cools it to freeze further vapor production. Some even 'hit' the cooling stem to hasten this.

Regards,

OF

Thanks for the response! So i just pull the stem out if i won't hit it anymore? Is .1 enough for one load?

Is the argo an on demand vape? Sorry for the noob question. Looking to get one this month

Last edited by a moderator:

dynospec

Thanks for the response! So i just pull the stem out if i won't hit it anymore? Is .1 enough for one load?

Yep simple as that, if you really want to make sure no further thc is lost, you can puff the stem after its pulled out and draw cool air through it.

I cant say for sure, but I think it could hold a little over .1 closer to .2 possibly but this could be reduced with screens or cotton or hemp fibre

As for the next question, I believe its classified as a session vape, but it doesnt take long to heat up and be ready, under 90 seconds I think. Theres no need to apologize or call your question a "noob" one either :)

Shit Snacks

Is the argo an on demand vape? Sorry for the noob question. Looking to get one this month

It is a session device, meaning it is constantly cooking when on and loaded. On demand devices use a trigger you press when hitting or autodraw sensing (technically ArGo can be used on demand, by constantly pulling the stem out and in, like a desktop log vape which is on demand yet slow to heat up and constantly on, but the loss of power and portability doing this wouldn't make sense for most people I think)

(@dynospec on demand doesn't necessarily mean instant btw, that is a separate distinction)

OF

You're welcome. Yes, just pull it. Some guys (myself included) hit the still hot stem after it's out. You won't get much of a hit, but the cold air freezes the evaporation in place. And be careful, the outside of the glass around the load is still very hot.

As has been said, it holds closer to .25 grams ground medium/fine. Partial loads work (but not as well of course), for full time use I'd investigate some screen scheme. In Solo/Air I use domed screens to reduce the load to about .125 typically. Experiment with it, I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.

No, it's not. But since you asked, why is it important? Hopefully not because 'you read it on the web'......

Vapes have been separated into 'on demand' where you'd go for a quick hit or two at a time and 'session' where the time frame is generally longer with the goal a series of hits or 'a session'. On demand vapes are often seen as poor choices for session use, especially as tolerance grows. Good for 'top ups'.

When you put portable in the mix you run into energy problems real fast. Heating the vape up for a hit or two eats up the power big time. Many on demand vapes get around this by using butane which has a lot of energy per gram.

Confusing enough?

WRT ArGo or Solo/Air you should be well served by any of them. Go for it, you won't regret it. Solid machines, very reliable and easy to use.

Regards to all,

OF

dynospec

Not to sound rude, but I dont think I said anything about the definitions of on demand or session? But thanks for clearing that up for me.

dynospec,
Reactions: JCharles
So in theory you can make the ArGo as a one or two hitter even though it’s a session device using the stem pull out method? The more I read into this vape the more I love this device, minus the price, with my limited knowledge of vaporizers considering this would probably be my only and primary vape for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the clarification guys

Shit Snacks

Not to sound rude, but I dont think I said anything about the definitions of on demand or session? But thanks for clearing that up for me.

No I'm sorry, didn't mean to presume. Based on your transition from its session classification to it not taking long to heat up, I inferred you were suggesting that an instant heat up is what separated the two classes. My stoned mistake

So in theory you can make the ArGo as a one or two hitter even though it’s a session device using the stem pull out method? The more I read into this vape the more I love this device, minus the price, with my limited knowledge of vaporizers considering this would probably be my only and primary vape for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the clarification guys

You also don't need to take the stem out as was discussed recently, you can draw as it heats up and as it cools down and keep it on for a minute if you want. It may be more than two hits this way though, the pull out method may work better for truly one or two. Sounds like you should pick one up and test for yourself!

OF

So in theory you can make the ArGo as a one or two hitter even though it’s a session device using the stem pull out method?

Yes, you can, but it's by no means the best route if that's the goal. Other vapes will be much faster to action in that role and it will really hammer battery life. Down to a stem, maybe two? Think about it, heating it up, waiting for a solid heat soak takes time (read 'battery life') each and every ht. Vapes like say MFLB that only heat a bit, not the entire load, still struggle.

I used to work with a fellow who had a favorite saying, "My daddy taught me any tool can be used as a hammer"?

Yes, it will work, but lots of other vapes are better suited to this sort of use. Consider VG, VC and VM for instance. All have very strong followings and do a great 'get a hit fast' job on a tiny pinch. Or MFLB? Those should all be under $100, you need a good backup you know.........

OF

dynospec

No I'm sorry, didn't mean to presume. Based on your transition from its session classification to it not taking long to heat up, I inferred you were suggesting that an instant heat up is what separated the two classes. My stoned mistake

Simply pointing out that I personally dont see how it matters the classification when it takes so little time to heat up is all.

Shit Snacks

Simply pointing out that I personally dont see how it matters the classification when it takes so little time to heat up is all.

Yeah, to some there is a big difference between 5 seconds and 90 seconds, but for a session device like this it wouldnt matter to me much either since you're going to chill with a sesh for a bit anyway. I just happen to prefer on demand convection with MVT/Mi/Tubo for my own needs, in my experience they have proven the most efficient overall. Though of course these Arizer portables are some of the most efficient session vapes available themselves

dynospec

Yeah, to some there is a big difference between 5 seconds and 90 seconds, but for a session device like this it wouldnt matter to me much either since you're going to chill with a sesh for a bit anyway. I just happen to prefer on demand convection with MVT/Mi/Tubo for my own needs, in my experience they have proven the most efficient overall. Though of course these Arizer portables are some of the most efficient session vapes available themselves

For sure, to some its a deal breaker but for me personally I have enough time that its not a big deal haha.

I love archer btw, your name avatar and description are all funny. I would love to try a milaana.

To stay on topic, the ArGo has such a nice small profile, I could see myself really enjoying having it for on the go. A few pre loaded stems and the ArGo with a fully charged battery would make for a great companion outside the house

Even though I was looking for an on-demand vape something about this ArGo really has me interested and probably will be purchasing soon. I’ll just have to make it fit my needs. I won’t have much to compare it to other than maybe the MFLB since I’m new to vaping but I’ll let you guys know how it all goes

Marley420

Even though I was looking for an on-demand vape something about this ArGo really has me interested and probably will be purchasing soon. I’ll just have to make it fit my needs. I won’t have much to compare it to other than maybe the MFLB since I’m new to vaping but I’ll let you guys know how it all goes

I'm on the same page as you. Mainly looking for an on demand vape but looks the argo can do both. Still torn about this and the firefly 2. Still need more convincing from you guys haha. About to do some more research on both products

Gray Area

Here's my take on the whole thing (for what it's worth).
I love my Air... I loved my Solo and it was that device that got me hooked on vaping and fucking combustion
:tup: and I can't really see a point in the foreseeable future when I won't have an arizer portable in my rotation.
I'm intrigued with the Argo and will probably be really torn between that and an Air2 when I need to replace my current air.

I use mine for dog walks, work lunch breaks and days out and about away from civilisation. I never use it at home indoors. It's a great session vape and I always use unground nugs, starting on green and flipping it halfway through the session and bumping the volume up to red to finish... and I take my time and enjoy the session.

If I'm in a rush, or don't want any smell while the device is heating, I'll occasionally heat the air and stem (without load) to red and leave it for a few seconds before loading my nug.
Now you pretty much get almost instant vapour and a couple of lovely convection hits at this point before the conduction kicks in, with the heater at 210C and glass around the load a bit under that temp...

Now you could in principle do that and blow that little nug out after a couple of hits every time you want to use it. Or probably better to use a domed screen and a small load that you're happy to do in all at once (I'd imagine a diminishing return from that nug once all the lower temp goodies are vaped away).

But what a fuck about though... and I guess that's my point... the Arizer portables are great, but there are better options for one or two hit vapes.
Some good ones mentioned in @OF & @Shit Snacks posts earlier :nod:

Top Bottom