Arizer Argo in 2023?

Marius2201

I'm about to get my first vaporizer and I need some help. I'm not a big smoker... I can go through 7g in 1-2 weeks and then take a break for a few weeks or even months

I have $175 budget and I am looking for vape which:
- must be a portable vaporizer
- must be discreet, as small as possible
- as easy as possible to clean

I don't care about the flavor but I would like to be as effective as possible with my herb and to be able to finish a bowl as quickly as possible (not long sessions)

After days of research I decided to take dynavap, but there's the thing with the lighter (electric heater not a solution). Then I got to Tinymight which I understood is as powerful as dynavap but way beyond my budget.

In the end I'm thinking of choosing one of Arizer Argo or Fury Edge/Rogue. I love the idea of finishing a bowl faster with Fury but not having a replaceable battery I think it will be a problem - as I said I have periods of weeks, even months when I won't use it. That's why Argo is currently the choice and even though it has mini usb, long charging times don't really bother me. What bothers me is the long session that comes with it

Would Argo be a long-term solution in 2023? After days of research I think it's the best option and recently I saw it for $129

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

ArGo is a session vape. I used it previously when I was commuting a lot to sneak in a session in the train. It's not really efficient with herb because of the conduction heating, meaning it will cook the herb even when you're not toking. Also as a session conduction vape it's not really capable of quick extraction.

There's affordable options that have portability as well as on demand convection favoring heating. Convection means the herb gets heated by drawing hot air through it. And because of the on demand function the heater isn't constantly active (hence on demand).

Some popular options within your price range are Xmax v3 pro, Xlux Roffu and Airvape Legacy Pro (with discount code). I only have experience with v3 pro and wasn't that impressed with the results, it is however pretty amazing how they made a device of this decent quality for such a low price. For a low tolerance consumer it would be ideal. 7g in 2 weeks is not per se low imo. After a break of few weeks or months this isn't necessarily an issue because of low tolerance.

Roffu and ALP I haven't tried but are reported to have more powerful performance.

Petetbay

Yes, the Argo does all that nicely, pick a few accessory stems and good to go. With all the vapes I have, I still like to load up a few stems and enjoy the Argo and would like to see a heater update like Air Max got. Can’t go wrong with the Argo especially if you want simple and discreet as well as replaceable battery.

Last edited:

Madtater

I have had the pax3, used an argo, and own a roffu.

Personally if you want something portable, and easy to clean, i would go with the roffu and get the dosing caps. There is virtually no clean-up and it’s pocket worthy, although it is slight larger than the other 2 i mentioned. The flavor is excellent and it produces great, cool temp clouds. It has a session and demand modes (although i have not used the demand mode).

Every vape in my limited experience has it’s good and bad points. There is no one best. It is up to each individual to decide what they can live with and cant live without.

P.S. i, personally, would not call 7g/2week “light”. It definitely isnt heavy, but it isnt light. Maybe middle/medium? I would consider myself a light user. I have approximately 1.25oz of product currently of various strains….and that will probably last me months as i only get to enjoy flower 1-2 times a week that totals MAYBE 1g at the absolute most but mostly .05g average.

Robert-in-YEG

I'd consider two vapes given your budget.

A Starry v3 or an XMax V3 Pro can be had for around $100. The Starry is a conduction vape, the XMAX is convection. Both are decent reliable vapes.

Take the $75 and invest in a WPA for your choice, AND have a look at the Yocan Vane. The Vane can be found for under $40. When it comes to small and concealable, nothing beats the Vane. For a quick discreet hit, I like the Vane. I don't use my Vane very often, but it has its place.

You mentioned easy to clean. The mouthpiece on the Vane is plastic. Plastic, heat, and time don't mix well. When the mouthpiece gets clogged or dirty, I suggest throwing it away. The replacement mouthpieces are around $5. While the Vane is OK for a quick hit now and then, this is not vape for heavy or daily use. The oven is ceramic; no huge problem there. The mouthpiece is the worry. Bottom line, Plastic, heat, and time don't mix well.

I also have an Argo. It has its place too. The Argo, along with a few prefilled flavour tubes makes for a great weekend companion at times. There isn't much to drag along except for extra batteries. The Argo being small, takes a bit of time to heat, the slim narrow tubes do not cook as evenly as a Solo II, but it does work. It too has a WPA that is worth the investment. A bong always makes things better.

The Argo is all glass. Having mentioned the Vane's plastic problem, it is worth noting that Argo is clean in many ways. Arizer has a good idea with their flavour tubes.

Every vape has its place, some are more versatile than others, and every person is different.

Here in Canada, flower is very cheap, but not everyone is so lucky. Given that reality, it is worth adding that in my experience, the XMAX V3 Pro is one of the more efficient vapes. It has a smaller oven, but it can produce decent hits. It's reputation as being a popular favourite here at FC is well earned.

Robert-in-YEG

Last edited:
Top Bottom