Argo Vs The Edge

DopeFight

ARGO VS THE EDGE
Let's hear it all... Opinions on which is the best and why? Talking about all around performance & portability.....bound to hold up the best with heavy use. best add on ascories...

After watching and reading several reviews... I'm still torn on which one I want to add to my collection. Right now they are both right around the same price. Which makes the decision that much more difficult. LoL [One point for the ARGO is if you buy from the Arizer site you get a free AIR 1. (While supplies last.)]

DopeFight,
Reactions: Summer

DopeFight

Actually the Solo II is my runner up choice. A friend of mine that I often session with has a Solo I and I do love using his. It is an awesome vape my only complaint with it was I wish it was a tad more portable. I did have the Air I but after years if heavy use it finally died. having a Solo II and having a Air I don't sound too bad. Decisions...Decisions

DopeFight,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
There is no "better". They are different and both good in their way. I prefer the Argo, but that's mostly personal preference.

Dynavaper,

KurtSmoooth

Edge hands down. Although internal battery it doesn't take 10 years to get through a bowl like the arizers do. I personally love the mostly convection of the edge and cant stand the conduction of arizers. Just my two cents.

GetLeft

:hmm:

Arizer portables and Healthy Rips portables work the same way: User places desired material in a ss bowl. Bowl is heated to desired temp. Material in bowl gets heated to that temp and produces vapor. User applies desired method to extract said vapor. Heat up time, draw resistance, materials used, battery matters, etc. might distinguish the two vapes mentioned, but not the method by which they produce vapor. In that regard they are the same.

I don't own an Argo or an Edge. But I like the HR Fury lots and for that reason alone would choose the Edge.

GetLeft,

John Coaltrain

Arizer portables and Healthy Rips portables work the same way: User places desired material in a ss bowl. . . .

Evidently I've been using my Arizer portables (Solo II; ArGo) incorrectly. I've always placed the material in the glass stem, and then inserted the stem into the "ss bowl."

Alternately, I do place my material directly into the ss bowl of my Healthy Rips vaporizers (Fury 2; Edge; Fierce).

DopeFight

Arizer portables and Healthy Rips portables work the same way: User places desired material in a ss bowl. Bowl is heated to desired temp. Material in bowl gets heated to that temp and produces vapor. User applies desired method to extract said vapor. Heat up time, draw resistance, materials used, battery matters, etc. might distinguish the two vapes mentioned, but not the method by which they produce vapor. In that regard they are the same.

I don't own an Argo or an Edge. But I like the HR Fury lots and for that reason alone would choose the Edge.[/QUOTE

I guess I should have been a little more clearer. But yes essentially any model you don't have to rely soley on electricity for them to work.

The Solo for example is a potable but its not very pocket friendly. So unless you have a backpack, man purse, or ladies purse it's kinda hard to take it out n about.

DopeFight,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

I've always placed the material in the glass stem, and then inserted the stem into the "ss bowl."

Thanks for the correction. I recall now from my days as an AA user. Same difference. The heated ss bowl is what produces the vapor. No difference between the Argo and the Edge in that regard.

Bazinga

Just my 2 cents. With the Solo 2 I load the herb in the stem. Oven stays clean. Works well for me. With the HR Edge I use a dosing capsule and remove the screen from the mouth piece. On each I use a long glass stem.

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I don't own an Argo or an Edge. But I like the HR Fury lots and for that reason alone would choose the Edge.

This is incorrect, FuryEdge has a steel heater coil below the steel bowl (nichrome in F2) which is what you are pulling heat from through the glass stem you can insert into the steel bowl. It uses convection primarily as you can get a hit right away, so there is conduction through the steel bowl making it more of a hybrid depending on how you load... Arizer vapes like Argo rely more on conduction so if you load the glass stem and draw right away you won't get much of a hit until the heat starts to build creating vapor from the hot glass (though there is some convection as well, not as much as the Fury). So despite seaming similar at first glance, they do not create vapor the same way, they have different heaters and technology (resulting in different vapor quality and, based on various other differences, diff user experience as well)

Shit Snacks,

GetLeft

I respectuflly disagree. Any vapor produced by convection in the Edge is negligible. It is certainly not 'mostly convection' vape. It's the hot ss bowl (attached to the coil heater) that keeps material at vaporiaztion temps, not the hot air. Any air hot enough to produce vapor in the Edge is gone in an instant and once it's gone, no way that coil heats up incoming air to temps that produce vapor. But we all know where these conversations end up so I'll shut up.

GetLeft,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I respectuflly disagree. Any vapor produced by convection in the Edge is negligible. It is certainly not 'mostly convection' vape. It's the hot ss bowl (attached to the coil heater) that keeps material at vaporiaztion temps, not the hot air. Any air hot enough to produce vapor in the Edge is gone in an instant and once it's gone, no way that coil heats up incoming air to temps that produce vapor. But we all know where these conversations end up so I'll shut up.

Sorry I don't really know or mean to keep it going, just based on my experience using mine, particularly through water at high temps, with the F2 glass stem wpa I see pretty pure convection at least. I have also never used the Argo or any more recent Arizer products, only the first gen Air and late gen Solo... Should not have spoken so definitively as my experience is limited clearly, did not mean to stir up a potentially controversial subject! :2c::peace:

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom