Are You A Vaporizer Hoarder or Do You Sell Off Or Give Them Away When Seldom Used

grokit

well-worn member
Huh. Finally figured out multi-quote :uhh:

@Seren and @grokit

If you guys wouldn't mind telling me your favourite flame powered vape and why. :)

Think I have decided my backup vape should be a gas powered one.

Seeing as you guys have 3 each hoping you have some valuable experiences.

I really like my glass sherlock, but don't use it very often. It's fragile, and the wind bothers it but it's a lot of fun to whip out once in a blue moon. Great taste (best out of all the vg's), and a very pipe-like experience.

I do use my lotus wpa on a regular basis, through small bubblers. They also make an aluminum-stemmed version for portability. My only other flame-powered vape is my sublimator ufo, which is highly impractical.

I had a hammer for a bit and can see why it has a following. It hits hard but I passed it on mainly because it has a built-in torch lighter, and I haven't had great luck with lighters. It has a couple of other quirks that bother me as well, but from what I've observed since then its built-in lighter is actually pretty reliable.

I consider myself to not be a vape Hoarder, but at the same time I've had lot's of logs, and have multiple logs (and counting) in different woods

I've probably only ever sold a few vapes, but at this point I've lost track of how many have been given away.. IMO Vapes make great gifts, and it's better to pass vapes along, rather than let them sit there.. Unless you're trying to build a Vape Museum or something ;)

I'm not building a museum but I suppose I am a vape hoarder; you're a log hoarder :D

Upon reflection, I have reached beyond the saturation point. I really only use a couple of plug-ins on a regular basis, and a couple of portables on a less frequent basis. But I do like to rotate a few in and out of the couple that I use frequently, if that makes any sense. I only medicate with flowers, and I usually stick with a single strain for months/years at a time so I like to rotate vape signatures to keep things fresh.

My old ssv has been relegated to aromatherapy use for the most part, it still gets used albeit quite rarely for vaping these days. My lsv continues to impress me with its versatility so it gets used more often, usually in experimental mode. I also like to take it to friends houses in its bag with my old evolver ht. I hardly ever use my zephyr ion when I'm alone anymore, but I do like to fire it up when I have company over.

My hibrid sabre (see what I did there?) is probably my most under-utilized plug-in vape, logs just don't seem to hit the spot for me. But my joda stems along with my voltage keeper at least made it usable (again, for me; it's an awesome little log. I love looking at it and I want two more!).

Now we're down to the big two three (I just acquired an og cloud). I couldn't be happier with it, and it will probably take the place of my versa infinity setup when I get some elbs in. It doesn't quite pack the punch of the infinity, but it's more efficient and hits really hard. I use the infinity/cloud at night to finish me off.

In the daytime, the sublimator works really well for me with its dry launchtube setup. I take small tasty hits that offer more of a head-high type of extraction, so it doesn't drag me down even if I wake n bake.

As far as my battery-powered portables go, the one I hardly ever use is my old v1 walnut firewood. It's beautiful, and somewhat unique as vaporizers go (not in an especially good way). It's also basically worthless and fits really well in my glass vg case or it would be given away/sold by now. I can still coax a nice hit out of it, it's a funky one to use but it offers good taste and is nice to look at. If I ever pass it on it would have to be with the vg, and that's not gonna happen anytime soon. I like to use my firefly pretty regularly, it woks best for solo use like the lotus. The portable that gets the most use is the crafty, it's a great little gadget that can be passed around a group of combustors/nube vapers. It's hard to lean on for multiple sessions though, with its limited battery life and overheating/time-out issues.

I'm really looking forward to my grasshopper, it seems like a game-changer in the stealth vape department and it's looking like it's finally a reality. Not so much the evoke, which may be passed on along with another cheap portable and extra grinder I've been holding for my next @Vitolo donation if it ever arrives. A couple of upcoming portables that I'm enthusiastic about are the zion and the okin, I will probably grab the former when it's in production at some point because it looks incredible, and the latter I will have to pre-order just because it's so damn retro authentic artistic unique creative unusual, with incredible craftsmanship.

:science:

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I had my MFLB for years sitting in a bookbag after the initial batteries died, just tried it the other day with new batteries and it works fine :D

Sold my PAX after 2 months of light use, as it just simply wasn't for me. Very rarely am I going to be doing an activity where I required it or it fit the niche. If I need a truly portable vape, I'd rather just take the Vapman and a lighter as the only place I could really use the PAX and not the Vapman is while driving, and I tend not to do that. The Vapman has a small bowl, so it wouldn't be ideal for friends, and this is another reason I had a PAX, but I just got a Mighty and it's mighty nicer in that regard.

I wouldn't even touch it at home really after the first week honeymoon. Just too much of a pain to clean which was necessary far to often. I, hate cleaning my shit lol, and I highly value that. Was one of the primary reasons I got a Firefly over a PAX in November, but then the VAS got me.

I did get my PAX discounted though on EntExchange for $150, and just sold it last week on Craigslist for $120. So, not a costly experiment or endeavor really, but I certainly will curb my VAS a bit, as I only got it because of the deal and I was only kind of eyeing it up; I usually make much more informed and thoroughly thought out purchases, this is the only one I bought high spur of the moment. It's also the only vape to date I've ever sold.

So I guess I'm a hoarder? As all my vapes have their spots. But, I'm not against selling something if I have things that can supplement what I'll be missing. Though, it took me a while to finally pull the trigger and sell the PAX, despite my lack of interest in it while owning it. Seller's remorse? Lol.

Seren

Away with the fairies
@Seren and @grokit .......If you guys wouldn't mind telling me your favourite flame powered vape and why. :).....Think I have decided my backup vape should be a gas powered one.....Seeing as you guys have 3 each hoping you have some valuable experiences.....Thanks :)

Hi @bluenavey00 :wave:

I do have three butane vapes - but I guess that's a little misleading, because I have two Vapman (basics) and one Lily.

Those who contribute to &/or follow the Vapman thread will already know what a big Vapman fan girl I am! I have one for herbs and one for concentrates. I bought my first with the intention of it being for camping and festivals only; but, before long it became my go-to portable.

What's so good about the Vapman?
  • I love the efficiency it delivers - it takes such a small amount of herb to fill and it vapes very evenly - no need for stirring or faffing - just heat and vape away.
  • It only has a small bowl - but it packs a mighty punch!
  • I think it tastes great too - especially if you go a little easier on the heat for the first couple of blasts.
  • Despite the mouthpiece being so short, I don't find it at all hot/harsh to use.
  • Even though it's a flame powered vape - in the right environment it can be very stealthy - I often use mine in a beer garden without anyone noticing.
  • I like that you heat it away from your face (if in a beer garden - I do so under a table).
  • I like that the loaded bowl is heated externally - I think that helps in the taste department.
  • It's beautifully crafted. It has a simple, yet genius design.
  • It's small enough to be pocketable.
  • Can you tell I love the Vapman?? :D

I have also become quite fond of my Lily, for a number of reasons:
  • It's a very quirky vaporiser, which is a lot of fun to use.
  • It's capable of producing humungous clouds!
  • It's very easy to get the hang of - so it's great to share with friends.
  • It's very responsive to the user.
  • It's very efficient with herbs - a small amount goes a long way.
  • I haven't tried it - but it apparently pairs very well with water.
I hope that's of some help. If you want to know anything else about either - feel free to PM me :)

:peace:

Last edited:

FLelder ent

All these people speaking of backup vapes (seen it on multiple threads on FC).

Do I really need one? You guys are worrying me. I have just a singular AA.

Just sent my Nano back for warranty repair, heard it can take a while to get back(@CarolKing) . It was my daily driver, so I am back to using my Solo's. I recently donated my MFLB to a friend. FC. I need to have a backup.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Oh, on the idea of backup vapes, it's definitely a valid point. But it's also something we say to justify spending more money on fun things :p

Ah, my Firefly needs to charge after every session, I need an Underdog.
Ah, my Underdog takes forever to vape, I need a Lotus WPA to vape fast in water.
Ah, none of my vapes are that portable, I need a Pax
Ah, I like the PAX conduction, but it's such a weed eater, I need a Vapman.
Ah, I already invested money into vapes with the PAX, what's another $220 for a Mighty?

My wallet = :ugh:
My heart = :love:

UnshavenFish

But I do like to rotate a few in and out of the couple that I use frequently, if that makes any sense.
This is me :tup: and it makes perfect sense to me atleast, I have more vapes than I need but they all do get used (maybe only a few per week with a few used every day, but then change it up for the next week)
I know vapour is vapour but there are subtle differences that I cant put my finger on :hmm: I've heard vape signature talked about and while I don't understand it I do agree with it :mental:

At the minute (and this has changed a few times already) my used every day are all wooden butane vapes (Vapman, Lily and Daisy) just can't help myself I see them and just get an urge, with my battery portables I use them in between to keep a bit of variety, or when each ones strong point is needed, my haze has now become my mess free concentrate go to, my SSV for when more than me alone, crafty is my special cloudy treat, firefly for wake and bake (filled before sleep) and IMO fantastic taste, the air is just a good all rounder Jack of all trades if you like, and the storm is new didn't need it really but cheap price and nice discount made it a no brainer as something to take out and not worry about.

What's so good about the Vapman?
Yes all of this :clap: couldn't put it better and also it come with free magic ;)

I have also become quite fond of my Lily, for a number of reasons:
Again all spot on :nod: and I can add its a beast through water :science: although you loose that heat sensation so combustion could be easier unless paying attention (aint happened to me yet, :doh: probably shouldn't have said that)

And just to add a little on Daisy, I thought well I have Lily do I need Daisy? The answer was yes, although it's the same sort of thing really, but because of the wider air path I'm guessing, it's like it reaches parts of my lungs I never knew existed :shrug: I don't know can't really explain it, but it puts all my others to shame when it comes to clouds, pretty much like combustion clouds to the point where I've opened it up thinking that had to be combustion with the cloud that came out but no all still green (should have known from the taste but the clouds just don't seem right lol)

I have loaned a few out but it was to friends looking to buy one, and they weren't ones I would have parted with anyway (hard enough to let them go for a few days) and the few I have that don't get used are not ones that they wanted so couldn't even give them away, but I guess having a back up for your back up's back up which is a back up for your back up is ok :lmao:
So I guess I'm a hoarder/collector or just plain greedy, either way I'm happy.

little maggie

Oh, on the idea of backup vapes, it's definitely a valid point. But it's also something we say to justify spending more money on fun things :p

Ah, my Firefly needs to charge after every session, I need an Underdog.
Ah, my Underdog takes forever to vape, I need a Lotus WPA to vape fast in water.
Ah, none of my vapes are that portable, I need a Pax
Ah, I like the PAX conduction, but it's such a weed eater, I need a Vapman.
Ah, I already invested money into vapes with the PAX, what's another $220 for a Mighty?

My wallet = :ugh:
My heart = :love:
Where do you get a mighty for $220?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Unless you're trying to build a Vape Museum or something ;)
Guilty_Plea_jpg_475x310_q85.jpg

:peace:

Scott A

I had a hammer for a bit and can see why it has a following. It hits hard but I passed it on mainly because it has a built-in torch lighter, and I haven't had great luck with lighters. It has a couple of other quirks that bother me as well, but from what I've observed since then its built-in lighter is actually pretty reliable.

This is my only issue with the hammer. I have had both the piezo and the fill nozzle on my hammer go bad and both times it was a really frustrating endeavor. At least I can say now I have taken it apart enough that I can do it in under a minute. Also it surprised the hell out of me how hard it was to get a replacement for the fill nozzle.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Mine all have names, and sometimes they whisper to me at night while I'm trying to get to sleep. I'm trimming a little: gave my Purple Days to my Brother, a few Vapor Genies have flown the coup, and one WISPR 2 has been wrestled from me. I could ditch the Iolites, the MFLBs, the Hot Box, etc, and will when I find loving homes. It's kinda like giving your pet iguana away. Sure, you don't play with it anymore, and folks aren't all-grossed-out to see you walking around with an iguana on your head. You hear they taste like chicken, and the Homer inside you goes, "Umm Chicken.."

Well, maybe not exactly like that, but you know what I mean...

little maggie

I think I'm both. I've given away a vapor genie, 2 flowermates and MFLB with attachments. I have a hammer and image ready to send to Vito when he is accepting donations again. I'm less likely to sell anything. And I mainly use my Haze, Underdog and Solo. I rarely use but keep my butane vaporizers. I burn myself when I use the vapman and am waiting for a butane alternative for it. I like my Lily and Daisy but need a water adapter for those.
Newest purchase is the Zion. It will end up with Vito if I don't like it. It looks almost like a battery operated Underdog and I'm looking forward to it.

shredder

Not much to add, but great thread so far folks!

I have the four in my signature, and use them all. And I could see getting more. My daily driver is my ssv, my enano stays on my bed stand for quick hits throughout the day, my volcano comes out with company, and my portable mighty does everything in between. It would be hard to choose only one. They all have their place.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I guess it's, "in the eye of the beholder"as they always say. We can consider ourselves collectors of fine pieces of vaporizing ingenuity.

One day these vaporizers will be antiques and will tell a story of the early years, when folks turned away from combustion and searched for healthier ways to use our fav flower.
Our pieces may end up in the Vaporizer Hall Of Fame someday.

The best vaporizer hasn't been created yet and we continue our search to collect as many vaporizers as we want to.

A toast to my fellow "collectors".:cheers::bigleaf:

grokit

well-worn member
it took me a while to finally pull the trigger and sell the PAX, despite my lack of interest in it while owning it. Seller's remorse? Lol.
I too regret selling my pax(v1); even though I didn't like using it very much, I liked having that stealth option. Okay I didn't actually sell it, I traded for a ht I liked, that is more unique and that I still have. I guess I could always get another pax, they're more of a commodity item so whatever (wasted post lol).

NickDlow

Log Hog
I keep what I use sell/donate what I don't. I don't think I'll ever buy another desktop, besides more Dogs of course:cool:. There is something about log vapes that I can't resist!!

Plus having an Errlectric that's so versatile with concentrates and dry herb, what else is there?!?!? And yes I consider myedlf a Log hoarder/collector and I'm damn proud!

As far as portables, I've tried a decent amount and stuck with what suited my needs the best. I got a little overboard at one point but I cleared them out down to my Haze and that's the end of that story.

But yea Logs, love em :love:

I will have to admit I am a bit of a vaporizer hoarder. I have given units away but I hold on to them a long time before I do. My newest unit seems to always be my favorite. You are all familiar with the "honeymoon phase".

I do go back and use some of my other vapes. Sometimes I use a vaporizer depending on what mood I'm in.

I notice some of you post the vaporizers that you own or have sold off or given away.

I have given away a Vapir No.1, MFLB and a Pinnacle Pro but still own:
Vapir No 2
2 Pinnacle Pros (don't use and won't give away) may discard
1 Older Model Solo pre 2014
2 newer model Solos 2014
Ascent
Indica
Arizer Air
2 Enanos

I am keeping my eyes on the Grasshopper which maybe my next purchase - depending how things work out. I think most of you feel like I do - always looking for the right vaporizer.:cool:
I'm right there with you: hoarding, but trying to be reasonable and jettisoning the excess. My definition of excess is probably more loose than a lot of people's, and I hold on to things a bit longer than is prudent, but my friends aren't complaining when I send stuff their way. My worst vape ever I kept for like 7 years, out of spite I guess? Sent it to be recycled recently and felt a lot better.

HD Springer

I have tried to get different types of vaporizers. From my session style vape with the ascent to the on demand heat with my FF. I've owned an EQ for about 2 yrs and love it. Although wood is calling me. I did just purchase a vapman and that honeymoon is full on. And I'm waiting on an afore mentioned Zion. I might be a bit of a hoarder.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right, my 4 vapes are all different and were meant to educate me (mostly) to help me determine how I want to consume my goods. What method is best for enjoyment and for ease of use. I have some hoarding tendencies with some other things, but with vapes I'm just seeking the best solution.
Besides, 4 vapes is nothing in this community, even tho I've only been in it for, what, 15 months now...

zor

I give mine away to deserving homes....aka friends who want vapes but can't afford them, new MJ indulgers, etc. My HA 2.1, MFLB, and Pax are all chugging away in different parts of the country now, I couldn't be happier since they'd just collect dust otherwise.

While I do love seeing the varied vape displays of users here, I'm like this with most/all gadgets in that I find what works best for me and then give whatever it replaces away....always in search of the singularity but until then I have my SSV, Pax 2, and Omicron filling all my needs :)

Top Bottom