Are vaccines safe and effective as claimed?

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
There's lots of controversy on vaccines lately, lots of information coming out and people getting worked up. What do you guys think?

Some basics:
Harvard just broke apart the theory behind vaccines:
Bedrock of vaccination theory crumbles as science reveals antibodies not necessary to fight viruses
http://www.naturalnews.com/035371_vaccine_theory_antibodies_viruses.html
They still contain mercury, aluminum, msg and more, here's the 11 worst ingredients:
Bovine cow serum: Extracted from cow skin. When injected causes connective tissue disorders, arthritis and lupus; also shortness of breath, low blood pressure, chest pain and skin reactions.
• Sorbitol: Synthetic sweetener which metabolizes very slowly and aggravates IBS and gastrointestinal issues.
• Gelatin: Derived from the collagen inside animals' skin and bones. Injecting gelatin poses the risk of infection from synthetic growth hormones and BSE infectivity (mad cow disease).
• Sodium chloride: Raises blood pressure and inhibits muscle contraction and growth.
• Egg protein: Vaccines are prepared in eggs (certainly not organic). May contain growth hormones, antibiotics, and salmonella bacteria.
• Thimerosal: A neurotoxic mercury which causes autism: There are 25 mcg in one average flu vaccine, and the EPA safety limit is 5 micrograms, so children who are vaccinated simultaneously with multiple* vaccines receive over 10 times the safety limit of mercury in one day.
• Human albumin: The protein portion of blood from pooled human venous plasma; when injected causes fever, chills, hives, rash, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, and rapid heart rate. Injecting "pooled blood" can result in a loss of body cell mass and cause immunodeficiency virus infection, or contain SV40, AIDS, cancer or Hepatitis B from drug addicts.
• Formaldehyde: Highly carcinogenic fluid used to embalm corpses. Ranked one of the most hazardous compounds to human health; can cause liver damage, gastrointestinal issues, reproductive deformation, respiratory distress and cancer. Plus, formaldehyde has been known to fail to deactivate the virus the vaccine is intended to cure, thus enabling a live virus to enter your blood and infect your system.
• Phenoxyethanol: A glycol ether/chemical; highly toxic to the nervous system, kidneys, and liver. The FDA warns "can cause shut down of the central nervous system (CNS), vomiting and contact dermatitis" in cosmetics; imagine when injected into your blood.
• Aluminum phosphate: Greatly increases toxicity of mercury, so caution about minimum mercury tolerance is therefore severely underestimated. CDC scientists and all doctors are well aware of this.
• MSG (monosodium glutamate): When injected becomes a neurotoxin, causing CNS disorders and brain damage in children.
At the same time that the FDA is warning about the dangers of mercury in cosmetics, however, the agency simultaneously insists that mercury in dental fillings and vaccines for children is just fine. Compare the FDA's page on Thimerosal (mercury) in vaccines (http://www.fda.gov) to the one on mercury in cosmetics (http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm294849.htm), and you will see the agency's blatant hypocrisy in the matter.
"Exposure to mercury can have serious health consequences," said Charles Lee, M.D., a senior medical advisor at the FDA, concerning mercury in cosmetics. "It can damage the kidneys and the nervous system, and interfere with the development of the brain in unborn children and very young children."
http://www.naturalnews.com/035229_cosmetic_products_mercury_toxicity.html

Scientists that attempt legitimate research into the connection between vaccines and the drastically rising Autism rates are defamed:
Dr. Andrew Wakefield sues BMJ, journalist Brian Deer for defamation
http://www.naturalnews.com/034629_Andrew_Wakefield_BMJ_Brian_Deer.html
The man has been shamelessly mocked, repeatedly lied about, and cruelly defamed for his legitimate scientific research into the combination measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism in children.

H1N1 linked with 50% increased chance of getting normal influenza, and 17-fold narcolepsy increase.

I could fill pages of information about vaccines. Please do your own research before reiterating FDA, CDC dogma.

The reality of the link between vaccinations and autism is so obvious now that even people like Donald Trump are sharing the damage they have seen vaccines do.
Trump 'warned' Fox News viewers he "strongly believes that Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) are linked to exposure to vaccines."

sublimationpurist,
Reactions: Vicki

Nycdeisel

I have seen these . Thanks for sharing though! Great news that should be spread.

Avoid getting jabbed everyone :wave: :peace:

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: crawdad

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@stephenking -- thank you for posting that -- i spent some time reading and it was very interesting. i'm not convinced from such a limited study on one particular virus in mice, but, i'm glad peeps are researching the topic. imho, tax dollars well spent.

Hippie Dickie,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
When you protect people from every little virus it only breeds a stronger virus and a weaker human race. I'll eat red meat till I die.

Tea Party,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Exactly Tea Party! That overrides anything positive people can say about vaccines. Even if they work in the short term, (most of the time they don't anyway) they cause diseases to mutate into more dangerous problems. If this trend continues, (not that people could survive it anyway) people would need thousands of vaccines. And it looks like doctors are looking forward to this, one just announced children can safely receive up to 100,000 vaccines at once!
Dr. Offit, of course, made the brazenly arrogant and astounding claim several years ago that healthy infants "could safely get up to 100,000 vaccines at once" (http://www.whale.to/vaccines/offit23.html).

It's similar to the phenomenons of antibiotic resistance and anti-bacterial soap causing germs to mutate. Almost every public bathroom I go in now has "antibacterial" soap with Triclosan, found in the urine of 90% of Americans, and of course associated with many health problems.

The companies selling this junk make all these ridiculous claims with more magic numbers like "kills 99% of germs!" Even the FDA doesn't buy into this nonsense, it doesn't recognize any more germ killing potential than plain soap and water has.

And of course, everywhere Triclosan is being used, including Hospitals, is much more contaminated with all sorts of dangerous bacteria and diseases.

sublimationpurist,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
It's similar to the phenomenons of antibiotic resistance and anti-bacterial soap causing germs to mutate. Almost every public bathroom I go in now has "antibacterial" soap with Triclosan, found in the urine of 90% of Americans, and of course associated with many health problems.

The companies selling this junk make all these ridiculous claims with more magic numbers like "kills 99% of germs!" Even the FDA doesn't buy into this nonsense, it doesn't recognize any more germ killing potential than plain soap and water has.

And of course, everywhere Triclosan is being used, including Hospitals, is much more contaminated with all sorts of dangerous bacteria and diseases.

We just had a relative in ICU. It was mandatory that we use that sanitizing foam on our hands whenever we entered or left the room. I thought it was overkill.

Vicki,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
I'm not one to say we need more government control. However, it doesn't seem right that it should be this hard to avoid chemicals in everything that our bodies come in contact with. You pretty much don't have a choice about it. I'm talking about the food, the air, the water, any anything else that touches your skin.
Things like Triclosan, antibiotics, vaccines, pesticides, and really all synthetic chemicals should be used as infrequently as possible instead of bundling them in everything. But especially the ones I mentioned because they are causing the bad stuff to mutate and become worse. It's simple science, moderation, and respect for organic life. Natural solutions are great, but of course it ok to take chemicals if you really need to. That's a hard line to draw, but currently they are very over used IMO.

sublimationpurist,
Reactions: thesoloman

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
We just had a relative in ICU. It was mandatory that we use that sanitizing foam on our hands whenever we entered or left the room. I thought it was overkill.
It's been good here in the UK. Our hospitals have been battling MRSA and C. Difficile for a while. I think it's largely better now, but we were getting folk going in to hospital relatively healthy and then getting sick and dying! It was a frightening major media issue around 2007-8 making many scared of going into hospital and in some cases refusing! We implemented hand sanitising nationwide in hospitals and I think it had quite a measurable result in reducing the rates of infection. We also had drunks stealing the 70% alcohol sanitising gel from the hospitals and mixing it with orange juice or cola !!!

WatTyler,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
It's been good here in the UK. Our hospitals have been battling MRSA and C. Difficile for a while. I think it's largely better now, but we were getting folk going in to hospital relatively healthy and then getting sick and dying! It was a frightening major media issue around 2007-8 making folk scared of going into hospital and in some cases refusing! We implemented hand sanitising nationwide in hospitals and I think it had quite a measurable result in reducing the rates of infection. We also had drunks stealing the 70% alcohol sanitising gel from the hospitals and mixing it with orange juice or cola !!!

This wasn't the whole hospital, just ICU.

Vicki,

stonedwarman

I got paid to kill people.
The short answer is yes. Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed and giving you misinformation. There is no established link between autism and vaccines. The CDC is an excellent resource for info concerning vaccines. Take a look at this page on there....it has stories about people who chose not to vaccinate their kids and instead tried to rely on the fallacy of "natural immunity": http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/unprotected-stories.htm

That "natural immunity" crap gets kids killed.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The short answer is yes. Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed and giving you misinformation. There is no established link between autism and vaccines. The CDC is an excellent resource for info concerning vaccines. Take a look at this page on there....it has stories about people who chose not to vaccinate their kids and instead tried to rely on the fallacy of "natural immunity": http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/unprotected-stories.htm

That "natural immunity" crap gets kids killed.

The "natural immunity" theory goes out the window with a disease like Polio because it has been eradicated, thanks to a vaccine.

Vicki,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I think the secondary source is less robust, but looking at the conference I think it's OK- it's a WHO, US CDC, and Japan health ministry conference. But bear in mind we're talking about virus derived polio. Wild polio is far worse. Virus derived polio is the lesser of two evils and we're trying to get rid of it too. This situation is certainly no kind of argument against having vaccinated against polio in the first place.

It will always be an ongoing battle between humans and disease- that's how life on earth works- it's all about adaptation. Virus adapts, so we adapt our defences. We don't give up and endure a pandemic and mass death. Anyone who argues that we should deserves their family to be afflicted and killed off first. No question in my mind. It's a case of social responsibility.

WatTyler,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I saw this amazing short talk on bacteria, how they communicate, and how this is going to produce the next revolution in antibiotics. This is really worth the couple of minutes to watch:

zymos

Posted a bunch of pseudo scientific bullshit- congratulations!
I don't even have time to tear it all apart, though I could pick off an easy target like the autism-vaccine one first...

I'm not even pro vaccine, and my own kids, 14 and 18, have only had tetanus vaccines.
I am however pro science and pro critical thinking, which is why I routinely call BS on these types of posts.

zymos

I don't even consider it " opinion",but if you want to wait for someone else to tell you the same thing, be my guest...

zymos,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Personally yes I think they are both safe and effective for the general population. What I do think is a problem is using anti-biotics so damn much. Places like India use them for EVERYTHING, and now suffer from anti-biotic resistant disease. Combine that with the overpopulation and you have a breeding ground for nasty.

Top Bottom