Are the stock 7th Floor tubes with a DBV safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyZ

Well I was looking up info for cleaning or replacements for my tubing that I got with my DBV as it's pretty grimy at this point, and I found some posts that have me a bit paranoid.

Some people were discussing how 7th Floor claims their tubes are a "Food Grade PVC that's safe for up to 1000 degrees" and how many of them doubt this is true, as those temps are far beyond medical grade silicon. Some of the responses were mentioning how it's not safe, and linked with some ebay listings to med grade silicon...

Now I'm a bit worried, but I dont know if its true or not. While 7th Floors claims - if true - are kinda suspicious.... so is the people who are saying they are not safe linking ebay listings.

Attempting to do some research and I dont get very far - as 7th Floor is kind of vague on what they use although they insist it is safe... but is that even true for "Food Grade PVC"?

One thing somewhat comforting me is that there is not a huge amount of results on this, and if it were true it would probably show up in a search immediately... and 7th Floor seems to have a decent reputation in the online community...

But I cant help but be concerned. I got this damn thing so that it would be better for my health, and I would be really upset to find out the tubing was even more unhealthy for me than smoking in the first place... I wish I could find the results of anyone actually testing the tubes to be sure they are safe, as I dont know if 7th Floors claims actually been tested or if they are just seeking money... but wouldnt somebody have found out and it be common knowledge by now if that was true?

SpyZ,

Nosferatu

I never heard this so I bet its the eBayers who are trying to make a cheap buck. I'm pretty sure most whip vapes use that same tubing and many people have for a long time. Iv'e been using Buddha for years and I'm healthy. :D

Nosferatu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
You're fine, by the time the air gets past the glass wand, a lot of the heat has been absorbed by the glass wand, thus reducing the temp. If you are really paranoid people around here recommend tygon. I would not hesitate to use 7th floor's whip material.

aesthyrian,

max

Out to lunch
You don't need tubing with 'safe limits' up to 400 degrees and beyond. By the time the vapor stream reaches tubing, the temp has dropped a lot. Test a stove burner temp, set at medium, about 6" above the burner, if you don't think the temp drops quickly. Any food grade tubing is safe from high temps, especially with the thick glass wands supplied by 7th Floor.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom