Anyone used a cheap vape before? Box Vape-Easy Vape-Vapor King

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLark

Hey guys. This is too anyone that's used a cheap vaporizer before. Did my research but really can only be answered by people that have used one. So thank god for a vaporizing community!

After taking a hit, did the system have to reheat or could you keep taking hits?

MLark,

DaProfessor

I've been blessed to try the ever so popular Noble Vapor VP600. In short, don't ever cheat yourself out of a good experience by purchasing a no-name box vape. It's not that it didn't get hot enough, it was always way too hot. Plus it made everything taste gross. I'm sure other members will give more reasons why you should not purchase one, but here's at least one.

My biggest problem with these things, besides not being designed by people who care, is the air path. The air path always travels through the electronics, which is never good for health and taste reasons. True, there are respectable vapes where the input air may travel over circuits, but the manufacturers are at least a little more accountable than any of the knockoff vapes you are talking about. The inside workings are pretty much identical across all those types of vapes.

Do yourself a favor and invest in one of the many, well made vaporizers on the market. Read this forum or visit some of the recommended vendors to find something in your price range. I assume you are looking for the cheapest possible solution, since you are considering a generic box vape. If so, I suggest a magic flight launch box. I've never used one, but many members will swear by it. It's only $100 and you can pickup a power adapter for it if you plan to use it often at home.

DaProfessor,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Used an Easyvape (box type with whip) the first time I ever tried a vaporizer. The temperature knob is not calibrated for ease of use so there is a lot of trial an error getting the temp right. Once at the right temperature you can keep hitting on the whip and get multiple hits. The only problem was that until you found "the sweet spot" you would waste a lot and sometimes it would actually be combusting!

I agree with DaProfessor's statement above as well. It is not worth experimenting. FC will point you in the right direction with all the information you need to make a truly informed decision.
Cheers!

Bluntcrush,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this Vape world and have been reading a lot, in these forum and others, as to better understand the options with all its pros and cons.

Since i'm in a bit of a tight budget, i decided to get a vaporgenie as a portable and a glass vapo bowl as my home vape.

But eventually i will invest in a MFLB as a porteable and as a home vape a DBV or an SSV.

The thing is, i hear a lot about how bad it is/might be for the air to go through electronic circuits but i didn't see any proof, just hear say, which is very subjective and prone to many mistakes.
If it tastes not so good as other vapes it can be the materials used, or just ONE part of the air path that is not so adequate to be assembled in a health device like this.

As for the temperature not being acurate, that's a disadvantage but you can taste the diference and with a bit of practice you won't set the temperature high enough to be bad for you.

So, it seems the main argument between 300$ to 50$ vapes is some of the quality of the material, and the eventual hazard to your health from the air path going through circuits and such.

Also, i didn't find any research of the potential hazard of the materials used in the ceramic points or metal points in many aknowleged reliable vapes.

And don't get me wrong, i want to invest in a higher end model. But i don't see any concrete studies about the hazards and benefits of the materials they use, and of the adaptation of certain tools in a vape.

Because if you think of it, a vaporizer needs to:

- Heat the herb
- Isolate the air path
- Have a reliable thermometer and temperature control

And being a device so short lived and with so many inovation so fast, and much of that inovation comes from adapting other devices for the purpose of vaping, it's easy to just take word of mouth as scientific evidence and leave it at that.

IMO, most devices are overpriced and understudied. That said, i'll still problably will pay 200$ for one. :D

Wish you all the best and i must tell you i love this forum, keep on vaping!

vorrange,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
MLark, i realized i got a little carried away in my not-answer to your doubt, and i'm sorry for that.

But i think that it relates and complements your doubt. ;)

vorrange,

Gunky

The Glass Vapor Genie is a good starter/budget vaporizer. Huge hits and good taste. The only real downside is you go through a lot of lighters. It's a nice one to have around because it works during a power outage.

Gunky,

lwien

How many power outages do you experience in a year, Gunky? Here, it's like once every 5 to 10 years, if that. :/

lwien,

SmokingElectricity

i used to own an easy vape. i also own a noble vapor VP600F.

the easy vape's body is made of plastic. the knob never worked right. didn't matter what temp you set it, the unit would steadly increase in temp till you had no choice but to turn the unit off or the bud would combust. the wire and plug were very poor quality. i am also unsure of the air path, if the wires and electronics are separate.

the VP600's body is made of solid metal. the knob worked fine, but the temp gauge was somewhat inaccurate. it did not steadly increase in temp like the easy vape. the plus is a 3 prong plug of good quality [think pc power cord] and is detachable. but i am 100% sure the electronics and wires are NOT separate from the air path.

on both units i would say you have to wait about 30-45 seconds after each hit for the unit to get back to the desired temp. [as the VP600 has 2 gauges, one for the desired temp and one for the current temp that the unit is at right now]

instead of buying a cheap vape now and a better one later, you are much better off holding out and buying a quality vape. 20-30 bucks more and you have your Launch box.

SmokingElectricity,

Gunky

lwien said:
How many power outages do you experience in a year, Gunky? Here, it's like once every 5 to 10 years, if that. :/
At least one per year, where I am. Often lasts for several hours. That's the moment where the Gunky GHQ buzzes energetically like a hive, pulls up its socks, remembers its well-laid and provident preparations, and whips out the Vapor Genie and a Bic. It's one of the better things to do during a power outage.

Gunky,

MLark

SmokingElectricity said:
i used to own an easy vape. i also own a noble vapor VP600F.

the easy vape's body is made of plastic. the knob never worked right. didn't matter what temp you set it, the unit would steadly increase in temp till you had no choice but to turn the unit off or the bud would combust. the wire and plug were very poor quality. i am also unsure of the air path, if the wires and electronics are separate.

the VP600's body is made of solid metal. the knob worked fine, but the temp gauge was somewhat inaccurate. it did not steadly increase in temp like the easy vape. the plus is a 3 prong plug of good quality [think pc power cord] and is detachable. but i am 100% sure the electronics and wires are NOT separate from the air path.

on both units i would say you have to wait about 30-45 seconds after each hit for the unit to get back to the desired temp. [as the VP600 has 2 gauges, one for the desired temp and one for the current temp that the unit is at right now]

instead of buying a cheap vape now and a better one later, you are much better off holding out and buying a quality vape. 20-30 bucks more and you have your Launch box.

Mmmm some are saying it does, some it dosent. Its the deal breaker for me!

Thanks for letting me know though. Yeah their horrible material and i expect it to break within 6 months, but the extra $100 can go a long way right now, not that im totally opposed to buying an Arzier. Would get the MFLB but due to my heavy usage im not sure if its a good idea.

MLark,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
MLark said:
Would get the MFLB but due to my heavy usage im not sure if its a good idea.

NO offense what so ever -- but

hahahaha

Don't let its size fool you. The MFLB can keep up with the best of them. Dry out your herb as much as you can...until it crumbles if you try to handle it. Then grind it up real good. Get a fresh charged AA and YOU WILL be greeted with a HUGE cloud of vapor. You WILL cough your lungs up. You WILL be satisfied.

And am I'm fairly certain the majority of FC users will agree with my above statement. It is really worth the extra couple of bucks...and it comes with a LIFETIME warranty. if your LB breaks, send it in. You get a new one. Try and send your Easy Vape back on warranty.

Choose wisely!!!!

finchrock24,

Gunky

Try to avoid cheap, throw-away items in your life. They are bad for the planet and you are worth spending a few extra to get the full monty, right?

Gunky,

MLark

finchrock24 said:
MLark said:
Would get the MFLB but due to my heavy usage im not sure if its a good idea.

NO offense what so ever -- but

hahahaha

Don't let its size fool you. The MFLB can keep up with the best of them. Dry out your herb as much as you can...until it crumbles if you try to handle it. Then grind it up real good. Get a fresh charged AA and YOU WILL be greeted with a HUGE cloud of vapor. You WILL cough your lungs up. You WILL be satisfied.

And am I'm fairly certain the majority of FC users will agree with my above statement. It is really worth the extra couple of bucks...and it comes with a LIFETIME warranty. if your LB breaks, send it in. You get a new one. Try and send your Easy Vape back on warranty.

Choose wisely!!!!

It definitely sounds like a great vaporizer and I would spend the couple extra bucks too get it. All im saying is im not sure i should be using up ounces in the thing you know? Not that its not giving me quality use of the bud but that its such a small item to handle heavy use. I would love to know what other FC members feel about it for heavy use.

MLark,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Here...think about this...

Users were using their LBs so often that there was a demand for a 'plug in' adapter (to plug into the standard outlet). The demand was so high from people using their LBs at home as their main vape that they actually started to produce and sell them!

The Purple Days Vape, Woodeez vape, Myrtle Zap vape are many many many many many users main vape here. The LB takes bowls around twice the size of one of the aforementioned models.

Other will no doubtingly chime in.

finchrock24,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Other will no doubtingly chime in

Hmm. :p

Well, if you are still here, I own an easy vape, and it has had very little problem keeping up with fast, strong drags or slow, long hits. I'm happy with it--it vapes and can provide a strong hit just like DBV. Hell, I think it can give an even bigger hit, but that is only because the bowl is huge (I can probably fit 2 or 3 bowls of my piece into the "recommended" loading area).

I know the temp guage is off, and I am still working on finding a sweet spot (owners have said anywhere from 260-380). I wish I had a thermometer.. grr. Still, off a medium sized load, I was able to get to a good place 3 times, and the ABV was a very nice, dry, (even) dark brown. It looked and felt way too dry to cook with, but I have never used ABV to cook, so I am not sure if it was or not.

I actually quested to try and burn the herb with my EV, and it didn't work. Granted, I didn't let it sit there and cook. I set it to 400 and started vaping. Finished before it burned. Even used slow draws so it would not bring in cool air.

When I first pulled it out and turned it on to burn off the oils, the visible clouds coming from the heating element were kind of unnerving. That stopped, I can really taste the herb, and I am overall happy with it as a "party" vape (but the whip is really short--definitely shorter than 30" as advertised). I ended up ordering a WDZ for what I originally bought a vape for--conservation. If you have to smoke a bowl to completion, EV may not be for you unless you pack it really light (which then finishes really quickly).

Honestly, if I wanted just one vape, I would have gone with Da Buddha or Extreme-Q. The bowl on this one is too huge, the glass parts are thinner (and I fear being too rough with it, though I have bumped it around and it is still alive), and Da Buddha is a vape I know I would have been able to keep forever (friend has one-I love it). Safer, smaller bowls, reputable manufacturing... Works for me, and I feel it is worth saving up for if you don't want an MFLB and want something to complement a room or want it to allow you to sit there with the whip in your mouth.

Edit: Added detail about whip

mrfloopa,
So I recently bought my MFLB after smoking for years. The idea of vaping was too good to be true. Also, getting more hits for your herb AND the ability to use the ABV as edibles for further hits meant I just HAD to become a vapist!!!

Since the MFLB costs $99 (about 62, but I had to buy it for 80 for fast UK delivery), I made sure I did my research. FC is the perfect place to find out about other people's experiences.

What I have found out is:

1. Be very suspicious of devices under $100. There seems to an unspoken rule that under $100 will mean poorly made devices which are inefficient or will combust your material. Of course, in the future this may change (we hope!!!)
2. Proper vaporisers come in price ranges of $100, $200 and $300. You have to decide where you fit in amongst these price brackets.
3. Save up your money and get the one you like. This is because the health benefits of vaping, economy gained from using less herb, further hits from ingesting ABV mean you should get a vaporiser that will last.

I have bought the cheapest reliable vaporiser which is the MFLB because I can't afford to spend any more. Since the log vapes (Myrtlewood, Purple Days and Woodeez) can't be bought from a UK retailer, I will be looking to get the Herbalaire 2.1 in about a year. It seems to be more efficient than the MFLB but isn't portable.
The SSV, DBV, LSV trio and Volcano duo (digital and analogue) are expensive products for people who like a bit of style with their vaping IMO. Nothing wrong with that.

I wonder if others agree with me :)

Vapemania-original,

Nosferatu

I DONT agree that a heavy user would want the MFLB only. Well I speak for myself but I'm a high tolerance kinda guy that got a heavy hitter because the MFLB just doesnt do it. Maybe first sesh of the day I would enjoy the MFLB for that buzz. But I cant rely on it to get me STONED unless I'm hitting it it for 20 minutes or untill my throats way too dry. Yes its a wonderful vape but In my opinion just for a quick buzz when out and about. If your used to kicking back at night and blowin clouds and sinking in to the couch, well for me, I could not achive that with the MFLB. I only go through like .4 a day being a heavy hitter 4 times or more a day vapor. So thats not even thast heavy I bet the OP is even more like that if hes still a smoker.

Nosferatu,
My BS opinions on some of the topics above:

- Awesome, functional vapes can be had for under a hundred, just generally not electric ones. Glass Vapobowl is like 25 bucks, Vapocane 40-60, vaporgenie models 40-100. Vapobowl and Vapocane are both excellent units capable of producing truly rich, dense vapor, provided you have a GonG piece of use them with. Vaporstar even is acceptable and works with 9mm and 14mm GonG. You can get quality vapor for pocket change, relatively speaking.

- The MFLB is not the ideal, one-and-only unit for a "heavy" user. It's great for what it is, but you need something more heavy duty for at home use, in my opinion - many people seem to think that extra Ooomph is provided by the MFLB's PA, which I've never used but have seen, and it looked very quality. A MFLB+DBV is a great duo.

- As for the topic of box vapes, I vote to avoid them altogether. They all draw air through the electronics, the quality ones which are manufactured domestically cost so much they are in the league of far better units, such as DBV and Extreme.

charliedontsurf,
Great post, Charlie. Very illuminating.

Just need to save up for a table top now!!! 7th Floor products look great, but am thinking of the Herbalaire 2.1 as the next investment!!!

Vapemania-original,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom