Anyone starting to hate young people?

crawdad

floatin
Vicki said:
I was just thinking about the commercials that remind people to do the right thing. I remember one in particular that takes place on a bus. An older woman is standing up, and there is a young guy sitting down. He looks at her a couple times, then gets up and asks her if she would like his seat.

I think it's pretty sad when people need to be reminded to be compassionate.

i agree. however will add that it is nice to sometimes see positive behaviors shown on tv when so much of tv is negative.

crawdad,

sunsett70

AgentofChaos said:
In my opinion there are 3 vital things a child needs is proper parenting, proper education, and a proper environment to live in. Sadly our Nation's education system is pitiful, we have some of lowest test scores in the world (ranked #33) and yet we continue to cut their funds and neglect our teachers. That topped with the fact that both parents are forced to work because of our economy, their children aren't being raised by their parents or taught values and right from wrong. If you really look at the past 35-45 years, this trend is what had led us to where we are now, our countrys young people are our future and we need to invest in them appropriately.

i have to agree. the 'american' system and definition of success (a need for sales 'growth' every quarter) is killing all the long term efforts needed to create a moral, responsible and just society. people are too focused on the short term gains, and young people are treated more like cash cows for new products and businesses. As long as the political system is controlled by the money men, things will not improve.

sunsett70,

crawdad

floatin
totally agree. my children are not part of the industrial model, not sheltered...just nurtured.

crawdad,
Top Bottom