Anyone running Arctic Fox on an Eleaf iStick Rim C?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I saw that it's now supported by the more recent beta builds of Arctic Fox but before I got one to try with my iHeat (and probably a Splinter V2) I thought I'd ask if anyone had success using our preferred firmware. Thanks!

iammyself

Ha! I just got a Divine Tribe v4 with the rim-c in the mail today, and have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how to work a box mod, and use it. I've never had a real one before, let alone Arctic Fox, so I figured I'd learn Arctic Fox as long as I was learning from scratch. I found out through scouring Reddit that you have to use the public beta version found here with the rim-c.

I came to FC just now to try to figure out what settings I should be using with Arctic Fox, and saw your thread. I'm keeping is simple right now, and just following the basic starter 30-33w at 500f with no other settings changed. It's producing, and I've had some decent hits, but not amazing. There's so many different recommended settings for various cups, and I don't understand what most of them do. My head is spinning, both from the rips and the information overload.

TeaCup

Hey man, does your Rim chew the shit out of your battery covers? I'm thinking about ordering another one, but there's not one single battery that the ends don't get severely damaged when removing.

TeaCup,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Hey man, does your Rim chew the shit out of your battery covers?
It’s pretty tight in there but I find if I use the black ribbon, it pulls out evenly without me needing to dig at the wrap on either side.

Similar with loading: I use the flat (negative) end of the battery just inside the wrap to push down the sprung contact until I can get the battery seated roughly parallel to the chamber. Then I push it in in one go from the middle (as opposed to angling in one side then pushing down the side that’s still sticking out).

Basically, I try to touch the wrap ends as little as possible. No wear that I can see over 2-3 months of regular use.

TeaCup

It’s pretty tight in there but I find if I use the black ribbon, it pulls out evenly without me needing to dig at the wrap on either side.

Similar with loading: I use the flat (negative) end of the battery just inside the wrap to push down the sprung contact until I can get the battery seated roughly parallel to the chamber. Then I push it in in one go from the middle (as opposed to angling in one side then pushing down the side that’s still sticking out).

Basically, I try to touch the wrap ends as little as possible. No wear that I can see over 2-3 months of regular use.

Not even in the slightest with what happen to mine, lol! I've had it for quite a while and it's always thrashed the living hell out of ANY battery. I actually find your post encouraging, I may take a chance with another one. Gonna put it through it's paces today to see if I absolutely positively want another one, so far the Cuboid Mini I'm trying performs much smoother, but the Rim is seeming like it could be enjoyably different enough for another.

Just to be sure, yours is a Rim-C and not just a Rim? And do you have Arctic Fox on it, I gotta question about that too? No matter what temp I have it set at, when I push the fire button it always shows a 45 instead of the picked watts. It doesn't seem to be affecting performance as far as I can tell, but just curious.....can't remember if it was always this way. Thanks alot.

TeaCup,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Rim C for sure, running AF build 200417. Works great with my Splinter V2.

Once you get AF flashed, I think the key is to lock the cold resistance. After that, setting your watt and temp ranges comes mostly down to preference. That said, I’m no expert on mods.

Ironically, I’m having the opposite problem to you— trouble installing AF on a G3D. From what I’ve read, the G3D has known issues connecting to powered USB ports.

cx714,

TeaCup

Oh no I'm fine with AF and all that, I've got it flashed on a boatload of mods......it was literally just about that one particular thing that I never noticed before, and was curious........like I said, the performance is fine with it. The batteries were a non starter but I still may order. Just googled G3D and it sent me to FC, nice, lol......good luck with that mod man!

TeaCup,
Reactions: cx714
Top Bottom