Anyone else enjoy a scented candle while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I usually light one when I have people over as a "just in case" re the vapor smell out in the apartment building hallway.
It's nice - the soft flame flickering seems to facilitate a good cheerful vibe.
I have a a couple of these in various scents, I would totally avoid the paraffin wax scented candles you would get in regular stores - they are highly toxic.
These are good - not too expensive either...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P7F454

jeffp,

Nosferatu

Oh ya I love those aswell, I always burn incense or sage or something while blazing, seems to just mellow out the enviroment. Thanks for the heads up on the store candles, its like most products are toxic these days and we gotta fish out the good ones...

Nosferatu,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Absolutely! In fact, I'm a bit of a candle freak. I'm also partial to soy candles and love grapefruit/citris scents, or sandalwood/spicy types.

These are reasonable. Are they scented well? Or are they on the level of the ones you might get at Target, etc.? Just curious. (guess I'm coming off as sort of a candle snob too.... :uhoh: ) I like a scent that is true. Some of the inexpensive candles out there aren't so much.

momofthegoons,

eddyfrancis

I got a piney smelling Better Homes and Gardens candle for a Christmas gift and it smells similar to some dank weed. If I ever need to disguise a scent I think it would work pretty well come to think of it.

eddyfrancis,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
momofthegoons said:
Absolutely! In fact, I'm a bit of a candle freak. I'm also partial to soy candles and love grapefruit/citris scents, or sandalwood/spicy types.

These are reasonable. Are they scented well? Or are they on the level of the ones you might get at Target, etc.? Just curious. (guess I'm coming off as sort of a candle snob too.... :uhoh: ) I like a scent that is true. Some of the inexpensive candles out there aren't so much.

The scents are nice, not overpowering but detectable. When I researched and read that "regular" nice candles with the dainty packaging are made of petroleum refuse (the equivalent of cow to slim jim but that's being generous) and that's what's in the soot you're inhaling, I threw them all out. Haven't bought any from Target, etc., but soy wax is what I use now. I also like beeswax tea lights in a little quartz crystal lamp. Nice honey scent and a very bright long lasting healthy flame.

Beavis-fire.gif

To round out the lighting I have a salt rock (or is it rock salt) lamp with like a five or eight watt bulb. It's nice... inexpensive too.
31a-Tn2Cj5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

jeffp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I used to burn candles but since I've said Fuck Combustion (ROFL) I now use a $5 candle warmer and it is AWESOME!!!

A candle that normally would be long gone by now I'm still warming over & over with awesome results. I use the mason jar type and the ginger-peach I'm warming now - to die for!!

Lo,

hereatlast

^^^ There's a woman that stays true to her word :lol:

Lo, how does the warmer work?

hereatlast,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. I do try to stand by my principles :D

The warmer works FANTASTIC!! I have been using the same ginger/peach candle for months now. After it cools I put the lid back on the mason jar though not sure if I need to. This candle would have been toast long ago if I had actually lit it.

I've also found another use for the candle warmer....it is great for making VG tincture as well. I use a coffee mug with some water in it and put a jar with vg/goodies in it....sort of a double boiler thingy-do. Works very well!

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
how does the warmer work?
Just like a vape really. Heat but no combustion. It shouldn't produce soot either, which is my issue with petroleum candles. Use beeswax or soy (jeff's link) candles if you're gonna light 'em up. The warmer seems more economical though.

candle warmer

Salt lamps are nice too. They're supposed to give off healthy ions. I've got one shaped liked jeff's pic, as well as a globe.

globe salt lamp

max,

crawdad

floatin
i like cedar wood or sandalwood incense sticks, the thick ones.

the candles i have are non scented tea lights (sp?) and i have painted construction type paper (i think it is) that my kids have done that are wrapped around a glass candle holder. the effect is a flickering of light illuminating their pieces of art...get a dozen or so of those going around the room with no other lights on and its quite the scene.

SnpUp.jpg

anyhow, that rock looks really cool. i need more indoor things for when the weather is bad, but i do prefer the sights, smells, sounds and feels you get being outside. :peace:

crawdad,

SmokingElectricity

i always keep one going in the bathroom. i'm still a big fan of incense. super hit and goloka nag champa are my favorite.

SmokingElectricity,

Lily

Personally I love incense! My favorite is "Super Hit" from the nag champa people. Smells SO good and does a great job distracting from other smells. :brow:

Lily,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
I love Partylight honeydew scented candles! The whole house ends up smelling like the melon:D

nao12000,

djonkoman

well most of the time my sense of smell is pretty bad, so I wouldn't be able to smell it, but I wouldn't want to risk it for when I can, don't really like the scent of burning scentcandles(not burning they're ok), altough it's better as incense
I really can't stand incense, I remember one time in elementary when they lit incense(christian school, was in the 40-day period before christmas I think), I moved my chair out of the circle we had to sit in and went to sit at the point of the classroom as far as possible from the incense and still it was a horrible stench

luckily now I can't smell it since one of my friends likes to burn incense if we are smoking at his place, if I could smell normally I would not go there anymore I think

djonkoman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom