Anyone able to still smoke and vape?

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
For the life of me, i can't do both. If im smoking, vaping mentally doesnt fulfill me, but once i get back im my vaping mode, i realize smoking fucking sucks. It would be nice to hit a joint every now and then, but it tastes like shit, and the high sucks. I have to start smoking strickly to enjoy smoke.... then I wont be vaping. Crazy cycle bros

I do both every day. I start my mornings with my PAX. Then, I bring out the Boundless CFX. Meanwhile, the E-Nano is heating up. Now, I am starting to get a little buzz and I am on coffee 3 or 4. Then, I slow down with my ArGo. Still a favorite after all these years.

I don't like to smoke inside so it's out to the patio for my first joint (with filter) and coffee 5+

After that, I start my day. M W and F, it's off to the gym. Other days, hiking or shopping.

From then on, it depends where I am. If I am out and around at the patio bars and restaurants along the strip or at a concert or event, I take joints. It's just so much easier. Plus, everyone will share a joint. I run into people who have no clue what a vape is and they shy away. Especially, if you use the word 'vape'. I say, 'electric pipe'. People have a one sided view of what a vape is. (Vitamin E killers)

If I am at home, I usually vape. The E-Nano is always ready for a quick hit. Talk about on demand. Yeah, baby. I just bought a new Arizer EQ and that sits in the garage where all the neighbors and I party most of the time. I have 20 or 30 other vapes in drawers that I rotate through occasionally but for now, this is the routine.

I have turned a lot of the locals on to vaping. Some still like smoking. Some days, I just smoke bowl after bowl of hash. I made a bubble hash run earlier and I have an excess amount of full melt hash.

I do what I enjoy. I have that choice. So do you. :)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Why not just stop smoking entirely? Vaping is better in every way.
If being way fiddlier is better... yeah, every way!

Edit: AND super nerdy... nothing is cooler than kickin' back blowin' joint. Which (sadly) I miss, and don't enjoy anymore... 🤓

I had one similar back in the early 80's and loved wearing it... especially to school :cool::
vintage-smiley-face-have-a-nice-jay-drug-shirt.jpg

$60...?!

Last edited:

186°

I have some leftovers of old weed strains whose taste I do not like (anymore), those I smoke before they go bad. But it's been a while since my last joint. Probably time to force myself into it soon :hmm:. I can't bring myself to the point to smoke my good weed, at least at the moment. I feel it's like a waste of money and taste (+ health reasons).

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I still dabble in both, but I dislike smoking flower and usually only partake at parties. I do, however, like smoking hash and since I grow and process my own, I have lots of it. I own many vapes and that's my usual route for flower but I do miss the simplicity of smoking at times. Vaping has caused me to buy so much "stuff" that I now have a piece of furniture in my room to hold it all.

maremaresing

High temp vaping gives me the same effects as smoking, but stronger with less discomfort. And I can vape inside in comfort and not worry about a burning object.

If being way fiddlier is better... yeah, every way!

Which vapes do you have that are more fiddly than smoking? It's the same process of loading a bowl, without all the resin and filth and constant cleaning. In fact, the self contained nature of a vape is better in that regard. No spilling a bowl or being affected by the wind, and you can quickly rip a vape and put it back in your pocket.

The thing that got me so hard into vapes in the first place was the freedom to use it anywhere anyway I wanted, with no fuss or drawing attention to myself. The only thing that kept me smoking was I didn't quite get the effects of a bong rip from the MFLB or Arizer EQ (ugh). Once I got the 7th Floor Dabuddha, I never looked back.

Jhonny

I do both, smoking and vaping since 2012.
When I stay long time without smoking, the first joint tastes very bad. It tastes like coal.
When I do alternate both daily or almost daily, smoking does taste bad too.
When I stay few days without vaping, the smoke does taste good again.

I get also more stone, more sedation and more body effect when smoking than with vaping.

Been combustion free for 7 years, then I decided to begin smoking again, as I was missing the smoking rituals, the consuming outdoors without caring all the time of battery, of carrying equipment etc, and for the effects.

maremaresing

The vape doesn't matter, the whole process is fiddlier, imo, than say spinnin up and smokin a doob, for instance...

Except you still have to worry about monitoring and ashing and keeping it from canoeing and all that. And smoking the whole thing I guess. Even prerolls have this issue

I admittedly cannot roll, so lets use a bowl for example

1) Sprinkle herb in the bowl
2) carefully angle the lighter to corner it right and not just zap the whole thing horribly
3) repeat 2 until the bowl is done
4) scrape gross resin out or unclog things or keep track of the glass jack filter thing

Process for an electronic vape:

1) Stuff herb in device
2) Turn device on
3) inhale
4) dump abv wherever or keep it it's not a big deal

Even a butane vape is just "fill it and hit it" simple without the mess and monitoring and ash and all that. I'd never smoke in bed or at my desk but I vape there all the time.

Please don't take this as more than light hearted banter from my end. You do you and do what feels right. In amsterdam I ended just buying prerolls the whole trip because it was fun and cheap and easy, even though I had oil pens and a vg with me.

I get also more stone, more sedation and more body effect when smoking than with vaping.

Even with the VG? I'm admittedly honeymooning on the VG stuff right now but I find they slap with effects exactly like smoking a bowl. I'd say that high temp vaping gives me more effects and a better stone than smoking, because smoking gives weaker effects. Because I'm burning most of the good stuff.

I definitely didn't get smoking level effects from the arizer EQ or Solo, no matter what I tried.

Everyone's body is different, I guess. I'm glad I figured out how mine works in a way that makes me happy.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Except you still have to worry about monitoring and ashing and keeping it from canoeing and all that. And smoking the whole thing I guess. Even prerolls have this issue
Well, I don't remember worrying about that stuff all that much, maybe when I was a kid? I learned to roll killer joints pretty young.

I admittedly cannot roll,
Ah, well, there you go...

so lets use a bowl for example

1) Sprinkle herb in the bowl
2) carefully angle the lighter to corner it right and not just zap the whole thing horribly
3) repeat 2 until the bowl is done
4) scrape gross resin out or unclog things or keep track of the glass jack filter thing
Again, all this quickly became second nature.... and I most def didn't clean my pipes after every bowl. I guess smoking bowls is a little fiddley, however...

Process for an electronic vape:

1) Stuff herb in device
2) Turn device on
3) inhale
4) dump abv wherever or keep it it's not a big deal
How about DynaVap....? Many devices require quite a bit of learning curve or previous experience/knowledge to state the process so simply, imo, though I've never had much of a problem getting any vape I've tried to provide.... mflb, my first, probably took the longest.

Please don't take this as more than light hearted banter from my end. You do you and do what feels right. In amsterdam I ended just buying prerolls the whole trip
Thanks, and I don't. I just guess I don't feel the need to sugarcoat anything (not saying you are). Yep, I pretty much always do as I see fit... and that includes not enjoying burning anymore....:tup::peace:

Last edited:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I agree @DcTokeMan I'd like to sometimes hit a joint too but the taste keeps me away.. But I'll maybe someday come back to the ritual similar to how @Jhonny did, maybe in a few years

... (with filter)
Regular paper filter?
I run into people who have no clue what a vape is and they shy away. Especially, if you use the word 'vape'. I say, 'electric pipe'.
I'm gonna start calling it this, thanks! I also feel that for some people the word vape can have negative associations. I'm going to now go take hit from my electric pipe cheers

But it's fruit of the loom, quality american made.. Nice shirt btw

Vaping has spoiled me….everything else just tastes gross.
Kinda of like this for me too..

I admittedly cannot roll, so lets use a bowl for example
I learned how to roll as young, and I would say rolling/smoking a j can be relaxing & hands-off. The whole experience just blends into a nice mellow time. But i can't remember last i smoked.. more than a year ago maybe?
The thing that got me so hard into vapes in the first place was the freedom to use it anywhere anyway I wanted, with no fuss or drawing attention to myself
This was one of my main things too

Tellus,
Reactions: Bologna

maremaresing

Ah, well, there you go...
My shame is palpable. :( Seriously if I were a joint smoker I always figured I'd get one of those rolling machines.

How about DynaVap....?
You mean the EASIEST vape that is basically a dugout/one hitter that doesn't have the fussyness of a one hitter and proves my point perfectly? Yeah you just jam it in the pile of herb, cap it, then kinda put the torch somewhere near the bottom of the cap. Spin it like a helicopter or wave it around, doesn't matter. When it clicks you inhale.

I'll admit that there are people who have a hard time getting something as straightforward as a pax to work. I'm not sure those people should be allowed around fire, and I'm not sure how they manage anything in their lives.

I hold that vapes are super easy, but am getting off topic. I think a lot of people still smoke because they don't have a vaporizer that hits hard enough or reaches high enough temperatures to fully extract. Or because they splurged on the wrong device for their needs and thus their needs aren't being met by a vaporizer.

That was me with my first purchase, the mflb. I still smoked to suppliment. If I'd started with the VG like I should have, I would have stopped combusting day one. But the mflb let me vape stealthily in so many wonderful places, so it's a tossup, honestly. I could only afford one, so I made the best of what I had.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Once I got the 7th Floor Dabuddha, I never looked back.
Please tell me you've upgraded to the baller version. So good.

I'll usually decline these days if someone passes me a joint because I hate the taste now but I'll take a drag if there's nothing else. There's just no comparison to me any more. Vaping is so much better for so many reasons.

I'll also say that the new ballers are so efficient and easy to use that they can stun a joint smoker pretty easily. People that still maintain they get higher from joints are either smoking more flower in their joints and making a bad comparison or they haven't tried the right baller yet.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have some leftovers of old weed strains whose taste I do not like (anymore), those I smoke before they go bad. But it's been a while since my last joint. Probably time to force myself into it soon :hmm:. I can't bring myself to the point to smoke my good weed, at least at the moment. I feel it's like a waste of money and taste (+ health reasons).

I have a bunch of garbage I have been saving to one day cook with haha or give away to someone that would smoke it maybe? Garbage by my standards at least...

There is nostalgia about the old smoking experience and missing the simplicity, yet there's different levels of consumer detail regardless of smoking or vaping or whatever you use to get high... preference etc and how much effort it takes, so depending on the individual person and their perspective how much they care, what takes effort etc...

Vaping absolutely ruined smoking for me completely (tried puffing a joint several years ago to confirm nail in coffin never again lol) too much of a snob unfortunately so something that was initially more social for me is now more isolating ironically

Radwin Bodnic

Nowadays it's a lot easier for me to decline a J because I'm in Europe and everyone puts more tobacco than weed in their spliffs.

Still took me almost ten years after my first vaporizer (vapman) and years long break to completely forget about combustion. (I have to add that I've never used tobacco or very little when I only had hash.)

And I have the same experience than you @Shit Snacks, what used to be social to me is now a very isolating practice.
Exception is that my wife never wanted to smoke with me but she do enjoy vaping CBD with me from time to time.

But I'm enjoying vaping so much more that I don't really care about not sharing with friends anymore. And all of you FC folks are making it a bit more social than it would be without the forum.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
You also have to remember legalization of recreational and medicinal mj has made it so cheap and ubiquitous in these areas, that most don't feel the need for the efficiency vaping provides, and prefer to spend very little on the consumption method and/or dealing with a special process... except with us, the small percentage of connoisseurs, or health conscious, both with vaping and burning.

Edit: It's nice not having to stock up and worry about droughts or buy in ridiculous quantities for value anymore.... that's for damn sure.

Last edited:

bankruptcy

Unless I'm in situations in which vaping is inconvenient if alone at home I never feel the need of combusting.

When a friend is consuming, I usually never decline, i do just a couple of hit and then pass it.
I don't find the taste nauseous and can detect the flavor hints and enjoy a pleasant joint. Obviously vaping is superior in every way and I'm slowly introducing them to vaping.
Roommate is already converted, and when there's someone over Js are almost extinct.

However on Fridays at the bar I always bring a spliff to share if possible. It's just too convenient.
I combust and drink a small glass of whatever. I've quit cigs 3 years ago and only drink if Friday I go to the bar.
It's a different experience, but still pleasant to do once in a while.

Durbandream

The vape doesn't matter, the whole process is fiddlier, imo, than say spinnin up and smokin a doob, for instance...
I think the largest barrier to seamless vaping is price. I still like my Arizer Air Max more than combusting but it's definitely fiddlier, takes longer and the vapor doesn't have the thickness to compete with smoke in that area. But the TM2 is completely different; it's much faster to setup than a joint, much more versatile, tastes better and has thick enough vapor to satisfy smokers, can use far less weed for similar effects and has a satisfying ritualistic aspect to using it. The only area where it comes up short is sharing, I think.

simba

@weedanwine
Fuck combustion 🤮 I remember in the first few years of vaping when I went to weed clubs I'd still hit a joint when offered to me even though it tasted like shit, I felt rude to refuse but not anymore. It can all fuck right off, it's disgusting and wasteful, and I'll bypass the carbon monoxide thank you very much.

No way that rolling a joint is faster than loading my Enano XL or Lotus/VG and having a hit, and I smoked joints for over 20 years and regularly backrolled. So like to think I'm pretty good at rolling, although probably not anymore 😂

I used to think I'd miss the ritual but I really don't. Rolling might be less hassle than loading a vape like the Square but my daily drivers are all straightforward to load, hit and clean.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
No way that rolling a joint is faster than loading my Enano XL or Lotus/VG and having a hit, and I smoked joints for over 20 years and regularly backrolled. So like to think I'm pretty good at rolling, although probably not anymore 😂
Yeah, "a hit", maybe, when you're by yourself, as is the case for most vaporists.... but a joint can satisfy a GROUP much more easily than having to dole 'em out on a Lotus....and that's if everyone knows how to use it. Ever use a dugout for "a hit", or even a bowl....? You're gonna say using a Lotus is faster/easier? I do not agree.

Been rolling for over 40 years (used a dugout for 30), and still very much enjoy twisting 'em up for my buddies when they require only the BEST, I just don't enjoy smoking 'em anymore, or even being around the smoke.

186°

Yeah, the "ritual" of rolling and passing is really the only thing I miss... the rest is terrible now to me.
Well, that passing and sharing I don't miss anymore. I gave it up after I caught a real nasty infection from a friend I was sharing a quick joint with outside. She was already a bit sick, and got real bad the days and weeks afterwards. Me too then. It took me several month to recover. And I totally learned my lesson. It all started with a joint, so no more joint sharing :hmm:. Then, a month later, the pandemic hit and we all (well, many) re-evaluated our behavior. So why is passing a joint around (even to strangers) still a thing? No wonder I had so many colds in the past.

But, yeah I totally miss this ritual of consuming together. I hope we can find ways to put that social aspect of consumption more into focus with vaporizers. That's kind of a health aspect, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom