ANYBODY USE A DR.DABBER BOOST?

pressure

I cant find a dr dabber thread buy basically you can either press the thin 3 times or 5 times to start it.

they say 3 is for a titanium piece and 5 is for ceramic

can I damage my dabber by doing it 5 times if I have a metal piece?

pressure,
Reactions: AuDn

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@pressure
Its not going to cause any damage. It just makes for a higher temp and provides a longer heat cycle prior to giving you the greenlight to dab. The device itself does not care what the material is...its just a ceramic rod heater.

nosmoking,

grokit

well-worn member
I've been looking into this one, out of curiosity more than anything.
They used to say 3 clicks for ti and 5 for ceramic, now it's 3 for ti and ceramic and 5 for quartz.
Also you can get longer battery life by using an external 18650 charger.
Seems like a decent hotel rig, good luck reliability-wise.

:science:

grokit,
Reactions: Shooby

pressure

I've been looking into this one, out of curiosity more than anything.
They used to say 3 clicks for ti and 5 for ceramic, now it's 3 for ti and ceramic and 5 for quartz.
Also you can get longer battery life by using an external 18650 charger.

its not bad, I find the 5 clicks burns the dabs more and longer I get higher

3 clicks is to light

pressure,
Reactions: grokit

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

I had some water damage inside my house last Fall that put me in a hotel for 7 weeks. My HEnail was pretty much perfect for the hotel life but now I would probably just take my RDK200 and sic dish.

nosmoking,

Bass Vaper

I just ordered a Boost last night . I already have an Aurora (pen) by Dr. Dabber and I really like it. Not to mention they are probably the best/most customer friendly company I've ever dealt with. Absolute pros.

Their customer care is the main reason I even ordered the Boost, honestly.

pressure

I had some water damage inside my house last Fall that put me in a hotel for 7 weeks. My HEnail was pretty much perfect for the hotel life but now I would probably just take my RDK200 and sic dish.

speaking of water do we need to put water in the glass thing? I havent put water on in it. Is the water make you more high?

pressure,

Bass Vaper

speaking of water do we need to put water in the glass thing? I havent put water on in it. Is the water make you more high?

I think the water just cools the hit, makes it smoother. It's a personal preference, not a necessity.

I can't wait to get mine. Stoked.

Bass Vaper,

pressure

I think the water just cools the hit, makes it smoother. It's a personal preference, not a necessity.

I can't wait to get mine. Stoked.

I found a really interesting trick.

I was only hitting the button 3 times since I got it, and it worked great, to an extent. 3 taps and you get like 1 good hit

but when I hit the button 5 times, off the same little dab, what I do is after 5 - 8 seconds I put the dab on and it melts
then I cover the bow; peice with the metal peice and I am able to take 3-4 good long hits holding each one for 5 seconds and then blowing out. it takes a longer time to heat up so it cooks that dab better then any other dab bong I have tried.

so 5 presses and off 1 dab and I get like 4 good hits.
3 presses 1 good hit

they say the 5 presses is for a ceramic bowl but like the other user said its just a wire that gets hot,but the 5 presses is the best way to get 4 or 5 good hits off a tiny bb gun bullet size dab.

Bass Vaper

Thx @pressure. I'll be looking for best practices here, for sure.

My unit came today, the 'Black Edition'. They come with 3 nails now, ceramic/titanium/quartz. The unit is still charging (5 hrs later) but it will be fired up as soon as it's done.

Bass Vaper,

pressure

Thx @pressure. I'll be looking for best practices here, for sure.

My unit came today, the 'Black Edition'. They come with 3 nails now, ceramic/titanium/quartz. The unit is still charging (5 hrs later) but it will be fired up as soon as it's done.

did you notice a difference with nails? did you try each nail at 3 and 5 presses?

are ones suppose to get you more high or something?

Some advice, give the boost time to cool down after each dab, I think it will make the thing that heats up last longer.

does anyone know what the little hole at round magnetic piece that goes over the nail to cover the smoke? Im trying to understand its purpose but dont know why its there...do I have a defective one?

Last edited:

THC4N6

did you notice a difference with nails? did you try each nail at 3 and 5 presses?

are ones suppose to get you more high or something?

Some advice, give the boost time to cool down after each dab, I think it will make the thing that heats up last longer.

does anyone know what the little hole at round magnetic piece that goes over the nail to cover the smoke? Im trying to understand its purpose but dont know why its there...do I have a defective one?

It's a (carburetor) hole purposely made in order to regulate the air flow. The hole allows the system to continue to breath, otherwise the cover would act as a stopper & completely cut off the air supply.

I got a Dr. Dabber yesterday as a gift along with 2 grams of crumble & 1 gram of wax. Now lets see how this boost works!!

Eatrocks

Man them things break after a few days, look for 'upgraded' versions with bigger ceramic element

Eatrocks,

Bass Vaper

I've only used the titanium and quartz nails so far. The flavor seems better with the quartz but the difference didn't seem groundbreaking or anything. I am really liking the unit. Rips my head off.

Bass Vaper,

VisiblyVaped

I got a couple of these Henail type units - one from 710 life and one from Greenlight.
I wouldn't use it as my daily driver, and I do question the longevity/reliability of the devices, but I've had no issues with either of mine in the last few months.
Granted they rarely get used, as my go-to device for concentrates and flower is the NV Flowerpot with an actual Enail, but considering you can find a greenlight one for like 50 bucks (they're all basically the same now, just rebranded), I do recommend having one on hand for situations. Hotel stays, a need to be discrete with company over, a travel companion, etc.

I think the boost has a better glass attachment if I recall, but otherwise I'm like 99% positive the devices (boost, geeenlight, 710) would be almost identical minus a brand sticker...... and we'd be hard pressed to find someone who could tell the difference in a blind test

Bass Vaper

Now I want a NV Flowerpot, VisiblyVaped ....JERK!!!! :D j/k

Really digging the Boost. Trying to find just the right amount to use. I feel like I either waste it or don't put enough in, but I'm also using different consistencies too. The ceramic nail seems to continue giving hit after hit, though, more so than the quartz. I put some concentrate in, hit it, the light goes out, wait a sec, exhale, power it on again (no extra concentrate) and keep getting hits. The ceramic is my fav this far. And most efficient for my stuff. It's been great figuring out best usage tips!

VisiblyVaped

@Bass Vaper The flowerpot will change your life dude.
I haven't busted out a torch, Henail, quartz banger, etc since I received it.

Best vape purchase I've ever made. Possibly the best consumption related piece of equipment I've ever purchased. In fact it definitely is.
Between the smooth dabbing, the herb conservation, the double deckers, and the fact that it's virtually fucking indestructible......

Get it. Now. Go order. For reallzz

Bass Vaper

I'm for sure kicking it around. I sent them an email asking how much for a total unit. On the website it appears like a bunch of individual pieces for sale, but I didn't see a complete unit purchase price anywhere.

The one concern is the size. I have a 12 year old who I keep my usage away from so I need portable, easily hideable devices. It really does look great though.

Edit addition: I saw on the site where you piece your unit together part by part. Seems pricey but looks worth it. Would love to try one.

Last edited:
Bass Vaper,

VisiblyVaped

I'm for sure kicking it around. I sent them an email asking how much for a total unit. On the website it appears like a bunch of individual pieces for sale, but I didn't see a complete unit purchase price anywhere.

The one concern is the size. I have a 12 year old who I keep my usage away from so I need portable, easily hideable devices. It really does look great though.

Edit addition: I saw on the site where you piece your unit together part by part. Seems pricey but looks worth it. Would love to try one.

Understand both issues. I hated having to piece it together but it's honestly not hard. Looks way worse than it is.
You need the head, nut, body, dish.
You need an enail (I'd go auberins - cheaper and just as quick shipping. Very reliable). You need the lollicap IMO to really milk it.
I'd skip their base and get a soldering iron stand from Home Depot for 5.39 plus tax. Save 40 bucks.

It's not discrete. No desktop unit really is, but if you just put the glass rig away the actual flowerpot sitting in the soldering iron stand with an enail controller and coil on deck......it looks more like a tool/mechanical instrument of some sort than it does a device for Mary Jane.

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Bass Vaper

Bass Vaper

Quick usage question: sometimes I put in an amount and get thick marble white milky clouds. Other times I put the same amount in but get thin clouds. Is there a trick to where or how your putting your material on the heating nail?

Bass Vaper,

pressure

Quick usage question: sometimes I put in an amount and get thick marble white milky clouds. Other times I put the same amount in but get thin clouds. Is there a trick to where or how your putting your material on the heating nail?

how many times are you clicking the button?

pressure,

Bass Vaper

With the quartz nail I do 5 clicks. With ceramic I was doing 3, per the instructions.

Bass Vaper,

ilsasta

Hey folks, I have received the boost black edition today, have washed with iso all the nails and fully charged the battery. I now wanted to ask you, how long did it take to get rid of that manufacturing taste of burnt from each dab? I have had two dabs and also have done some dry burnoffs until battery was full discharged, but until the last burnoffs I could still smell it.
Hope I haven't vaped some of the fume produced, as have a weird headache.
I have only tried the quartz nail, which one have you found producing the less of that taste?

ilsasta,
Top Bottom