anybody know anything about this portable vape (Vapor Buddy Bat)?

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I was at outer limits(a head shop in bmore) and I was talking to this old guy about vaporizers and he showed me this (enjoy my mad ms paint skillz)
10ygbuv.jpg

Anyway does anyone know who makes it or have any info on it. Its about 3.5 inches long and about half an inch thick, the outershell on this one was made from a blue plastic the front screws off and you throw in your stuff and then light at the stainless end. They had a bunch of them I think there were different colors but I wasn't paying attention and I forgot to get pics. They want $70 I'd like to here some reviews pros and cons that type of stuff if anyone has or has tried it. I think for a portable based on style I like it better than the vapor genie because there isn't a bowl so I think itd be easier to tote around.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

lwien

pyronym said:
I was at outer limits(a head shop in bmore) and I was talking to this old guy about vaporizers and he showed me this (enjoy my mad ms paint skillz)
http://i42.tinypic.com/10ygbuv.jpg
Anyway does anyone know who makes it or have any info on it. Its about 3.5 inches long and about half an inch thick, the outershell on this one was made from a blue plastic the front screws off and you throw in your stuff and then light at the stainless end. They had a bunch of them I think there were different colors but I wasn't paying attention and I forgot to get pics. They want $70 I'd like to here some reviews pros and cons that type of stuff if anyone has or has tried it. I think for a portable based on style I like it better than the vapor genie because there isn't a bowl so I think itd be easier to tote around.
Later,
Tom
Why didn't you ask him who makes it? I don't have a clue, but I am curious. Go back there and ask him to give you the brand name.

lwien,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Yeah that would have probably been a good idea but I had to run home and let the dog out, I just needed flints for my zippo and didn't was to be tempted into buying something. I'm going to call hopefully theyll get of the phone and I'll just ask them.

pyronym,

max

Out to lunch
Vapor Bat? Looks like they're ripping off names too. There's been a Vriptech Vapor Bat on the market for years.

max,

lwien

pyronym said:
I was on the vapor buddy website and found this about the vapor buddy. I think I may contact them and see if they have plans to make something similar to the bat design I'd rather buy from an american company and I don't want to support anyone that could possibly be using subpar or dangerous materials.
https://www.vaporgenie.com/index.php/VaporBuddy/about-the-vaporbuddy.html
I think you meant that you were on the VaporGenie site.

Anyways, I think you are making a wise choice not to be purchasing anything that is a Chinese knock-off.

There are some good vapes that are not American made such as the Iolite, the Volcano, the Aromed, and a few others, but if you stay away from knock-offs and stick to original brand name product, you'll be ok.

lwien,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Thanks Iwien you are correct. I just sent vapor genie an inquiry via the contact us version of their site to see if they had any plans to manufacture something similar so if I hear anything I will be sure to post it.
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Beezleb

These are the lower end of vape products. I seriously recommend researching this type of vape and making sure its whats you are looking for.

Beezleb,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Beez,
I have an ssv which i absolutely love. I'm now looking for something portable in the sense that I'd like to taking hiking or fishing. I've been considering the launch box but really I think something simple like the vapor genie will take care of what I need I just like the bat design. I'm also considering the pd or the myrtle-zap but they really are not as portable as I'd like (I'm still going to order one anyway in a few days variety is the spice of life you know).
Later,
Tom

pyronym,

Beezleb

Have you considered the Iolite, its much more expensive but its pretty easy to carry and less fiddling around than some of the others I think if that is an import aspect your looking for.

I personally think there are better options but I would be remiss if I did not mention the vapman. It might fit your style but I think it might not be as user friendly as the others.

Good luck in your search and happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
I havent seen the vapeman so I'll look into it.. I just got this response from Dan at vapor genie

Yes we are familiar with the vapor bat design. One problem is that its
hard to properly locate the flame, because the intake hole cannot be
seen. It also gets really hot. We are working on a bat design, but will
not put a product on the market until these two problems are solved to
our satisfaction.

pyronym,

superconducter

I agree, I think unless you have tried this kind of vaporizer and know you will not be burning your weed, then go for it since it's under $100.

But I have never had good luck with all the ultra portable, super simple (not that that is a bad thing) hand-held vaporizers I have tried.

Usually I get too little vapor at first and then end up baking it and probably coming too close to baking it so it's better (for me) to just smoke a joint and be done with it.

That's why I like to smoke at home w/ my V-tower. No messing around, just nice, consistent, good sized vapor hits w/ so little herb. I'm still amazed.

If/when a $70 hand-held unit comes out that works that well, I'll either carry some edibles with me or just smoke if it comes down to getting high or not.

Hope that helps.

superconducter,

lwien

superconducter said:
If/when a $70 hand-held unit comes out that works that well......
There is. A VaporGenie. You just need to learn how to use it correctly.

lwien,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Thanks guys for all the help. I've decided to order the launch box for portability. When the novelty wheres off I'm going to get a pd or zap depending on the wait.
Later,
Tom
oh a side note you guys all suck for not complimenting me on my bad ass mspaint skillz but still thanks for the help

pyronym,

runner

Basshead
pyronym said:
Thanks guys for all the help. I've decided to order the launch box for portability. When the novelty wheres off I'm going to get a pd or zap depending on the wait.
Later,
Tom
oh a side note you guys all suck for not complimenting me on my bad ass mspaint skillz but still thanks for the help
I thought your illustration was really good! I'd also be interested in a "bat" design. It reminds me of this tiny piece called a bullet. I'd much prefer a bat over a pipe design.

runner,

Jeff Spicoli

Noob alert!!!!! This is my first post to this forum.

I have one of the vapes that you so beautifully drew. In my limited vapping experience it works well and is very stealth. Like all vapes it has a steep learning curve and the inability to see the flame go into the opening makes it slightly more difficult to master the technique than a traditional pipe device. Unlike my electric (Chinese knockoff off the V Bros.) I have yet to blacken any herb and it comes out like sawdust, golden brown and very dry. I usually get a strong vapor that works well.

As for quality..... The fit and finish are very good. Having searched and read whatever I could find on the net I have come to a few conclusions. There are several posts about lead paint being used and they are all from the VB folks who did some testing. Nowhere does anyone say that the ceramic filter is of lesser quality and that is the main component of these types of vapes. Now unless you plan on scrapping off the paint and eating it I don't think lead paint is a big concern, there isn't any inside the unit.

I'll save the Chines v.s. American made discussion for a more appropriate thread.

Jeff Spicoli,

lwien

Jeff Spicoli said:
Now unless you plan on scrapping off the paint and eating it I don't think lead paint is a big concern, there isn't any inside the unit.
You are putting that lead paint in your mouth. This may not be a concern for you, but it should be brought up front and center for anyone that may be considering the purchase of this vape.

One of the reasons that I purchased a vape was due to health concerns and locking my lips around a lead painted mouthpiece seems very counter-productive considering why I would purchase a vape in the first place.

btw, welcome to FC, Jeff.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Jeff Spicoli said:
There are several posts about lead paint being used and they are all from the VB folks who did some testing.
Posts from the VB folks? :huh: . One of the original Vapor Buddys (now priced at $80 :o )was tested by an independent lab and found to have lead paint. Whether that's true currently or includes the new Bat design is unknown. It's also possible that the Vapor Buddy found to have lead paint was a knock-off of the real Vapor Buddy. :shrug: Personally, I'd just suggest getting a Genie and not worry about it.

Now unless you plan on scrapping off the paint and eating it I don't think lead paint is a big concern
Putting my mouth on lead paint is a concern to me.

max,

Jeff Spicoli

First let me say that all things being equal I'd get a V Genie. American company, better service blah, blah, blah. For a much lower price and a much stealthier design I liked the VB when I was standing in the store. For the online price of the Genie buying direct I don't think it can be beat, however.....

The paint on the VB seems to be powder coated which is a very durable finish and not prone to chipping (I am a metal fabricator). Dangers from lead based paint are primarily from deteriorating paint that is flaking and or making dust which isn't going to happen with the VB under normal use. I'd bet that most folks reading this are sitting in a house with 30 year old paint under a fresher coat of newer paint and that old paint has lead in it.

Max, Who do you think paid for the tests by that independent lab?

Jeff Spicoli,

lwien

Jeff Spicoli said:
I'd bet that most folks reading this are sitting in a house with 30 year old paint under a fresher coat of newer paint and that old paint has lead in it.
Possibly, but I don't lick my wall...........at least, not while I'm awake. ;)

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Jeff Spicoli said:
Max, Who do you think paid for the tests by that independent lab?
Vapor Genie paid of course. Are you implying that EMSL Analytical automatically assumed they wanted a positive lead test and produced it? Or are you saying they bribed this big, nationwide company to commit fraud? EMSL is well accredited, and that includes various state and federal agencies. Let's save conspiracy theories for the Lounge.

max,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I saw one at a wholesale/warehouse headshop here in DTLA and the dude was calling it a Vapor Budz. He was offering me one for $20 bucks which is very tempting. But, the whole led paint thing made me wonder if that model really had it or not, and dude him self was not sure despite saying that is the model he currently is using.

lesvape,

gb902

Vaporog
1. I read something about its toxicity, I would not recommend it (materials used must be safe and inert)

2. 70$ is too much, you can afford something better (like a Vaporgenie aluminium bat)

3. I would never vape out of a blue dildo:/

gb902,
Top Bottom