Any vapers around here who listen to metal?

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Big metal head. Use to jam it 24/7, then I pressed 'Pause' and have enjoyed other genres more ever since, but still enjoy the shred time to time. :brow:

Last metal concert I went to was Down and The Melvins in Seattle. Broke my nose in the mosh pit getting my rage on. The dude I headbutted (accidentally) in the back of the head was probably in more pain than me the next morning. Sorry dude. :D

Too many bands to list I like, but I see many familiar names in here....

Gojira has to be my favorite metal act around currently. Their message, their music -- it all reverberates through me. Those Frenchies fucking rock.

SpiralArchitect,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
lwien said:
Fuck, I'm still stuck on Zeppelin. :cool:
YYYYEEEESSSS.

In sections and order of when I started listening to them:

80's Hair Metal
Van Halen
Segwaying to Guns n' Roses

Classic Heavy Metal:
Iron Maiden

Stoner Rock/Metal:
Wolfmother

Rap Metal:
Rage Against The Machine
Linkin Park

Symphonic Metal:
Within Temptation
Nightwish

Prog Metal:
Mastodon

Insane Mindfuck Metal:
System of a motherfucking Down.

Zeppelin and ACDC have held my heart more than any others, but they don't really fit any specific metal category methinks

I've just really started getting into the heavier stuff, system helped that along, but I've never been to any real metal shows before. Looking forward to my first time :D
I'm glad other people love to listen to metal when they smoke; most of my friends only listen to system when it comes to intense music, everything else is Pink Floyd or other mellow rock. Not to say that Pink Floyd's bad though...

sneezyjesus,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hmm... I really hadn't heard the sludge term before!! I feel OLD! I saw Judas Priest in jr high and Iron Maiden when I was in high school LOL! I'm out of date!

I love discovering new music and finding things I like. When a friend told me about Godsmack years ago I laughed and said WHO?? He gave me a CD and I was like, damn - where have I been! Love at first listen :D

My son tries to keep me up on some of the stuff. Lamb of God, Slipknot and stuff. I'm going to give him a list of bands from hear and see if he has any/knows their stuff/etc.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Lo,

Yukon Cornelius

Big metal head. Use to jam it 24/7, then I pressed 'Pause' and have enjoyed other genres more ever since, but still enjoy the shred time to time. brow

Last metal concert I went to was Down and The Melvins in Seattle. Broke my nose in the mosh pit getting my rage on. The dude I headbutted (accidentally) in the back of the head was probably in more pain than me the next morning. Sorry dude. biggrin

Too many bands to list I like, but I see many familiar names in here....

Gojira has to be my favorite metal act around currently. Their message, their music -- it all reverberates through me. Those Frenchies fucking rock.
Haha damn for real? My last metal concert was Down and the Melvins as well last month in Charlotte. It was probably my favorite metal show i've been too so far. They put on a badass show! No injuries on my part though...:D Did they close the set with Bury Me in Smoke?

Oh yes, The Way of All Flesh is an awesome album. I've been listening to that CD in my truck non-stop for about 2 weeks now. Hell yeah, those frenchies are some great musicians indeed! From Mars to Sirius was an amazing album too.

Yukon Cornelius,

toutvabien

I haven't listened to any metal for a few months now, but a few albums that I used to have in heavy rotation were:

Bathory- Hammerheart
Dissection- The Somberlain
Lugubrum- Albino de Congo
Atheist- all of 'em
Angelic Process- Weighing Souls with Sand

toutvabien,
Top Bottom