Any serious beer drinkers in forum?

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Ooooh lovely beer! A whole thread dedicated to it... I love it!

I brew it at home and am getting excellent results from some of the very modern and outstanding quality kits available these days.

I have put a deposit down for my first brew kettle so I can start producing my own worts, this is an adventure and a dream realised.

... watch this space?

Anyway... This is recent India Pale Ale.

It's not as adventurous as some of my brews but it sure is good, super dry and refreshing - just the ticket on a hot summers day.

Given that pubs are not pubs any more, I am more than happy staying at home and brewing my own at 1/6th of the cost :love:

Attachments

• ipa.JPG
    ipa.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

GetLeft

I had this beer when I was in VT skiing around 5 yrs. ago. I loved it. I was told that it was only available locally. I figured I'd go prepared next time to bring back a case of it. Never happened. But a buddy recently told me about a beverage place a couple of towns and a half over that had it. Stopped there today and hit pay dirt. This has a little sister named Little Sip of Sunshine. This comes in at 8% abv and the Little comes in at 6.2%. I started with the big sister and happy to say it's as delicious now as it was then.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
You're lucky, I had a beer, many times, from New Belgium Brewery called Hemperor, reeked of weed when you opened it...I really liked it. I remember when it got tapped at WOB here, the manager thought everyone was smoking weed lol! Anyways, I was in NC a month ago and I called the brewery to see if I could get some since I couldn't find it for the longest...they said they no longer make it...I was so bummed. :cry:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I have had a little break from home brewing, but put a dry stout on today and it's just started bubbling like crazy... so relaxing! I love that sound!

Beer is AMAZING!!!

Going to have a very active few weeks of brewing to prepare for the seasonal holidays over the winter ahead... now is the time!

Got a variety of beers to brew, some nice IPAs, a Russian Imperial Stout, going to try a weird lager type thing that isn't really lager but apparently tastes and behaves very similarly, a golden ale and a grapefruit APA!

Going to be busy...

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Just cracked open an home brew bottle of an American Goose Pale Ale, dry hopped with Simcoe hops, left to mature for about 15 weeks it's like drinking alcoholic passion fruit juice ... I really need to get some more bottles and leave my home brew for a lot longer!

Razhumikin

Not sure how unpopular of an opinion this is but for me, trillium > treehouse.
Theyre both really good but I probably prefer Trillium as well.
@kel Theyre both expectional local New England breweries. Even though I dont live there anymore, I will always consider New England my home and myself a New Englander first, and Im proud to say we have some of, if not the, best beer in the world!

stonedmallone

Theyre both really good but I probably prefer Trillium as well.
@kel Theyre both expectional local New England breweries. Even though I dont live there anymore, I will always consider New England my home and myself a New Englander first, and Im proud to say we have some of, if not the, best beer in the world!
Yup, Massachusetts by far is king in my opinion. Two of the best breweries in the country. Vermont would be my second pick.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Im proud to say we have some of, if not the, best beer in the world!

Ooooh fighting talk 😂

I come from the original England hehe, just a bit further north than Burton... you know, the part of the world that gave us IPA and 'Burtonisation' of water! Well arguably London, but it was the Burton water that made it what it is :)

I don't know the breweries you mention, if I ever get a chance I will check them out... they do look super juicy - a style I haven't yet played around with!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I always enjoy the beer when I visit new England. It's what made be start brewing all grain beer in the UK. Not sure my memory is good enough for that trillium treehouse comparison unfortunately.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
All grain brewing is on the horizon for me... I ordered a nice setup earlier this year, once it arrives (eventually) and I get settled with it all I'll report back, it would be good to get some discussion going here about the process, experiences, etc.

Texus

Maine has a great scene as well. Bissel Bros is incredible, not to mention Oxbow, Maine Beer Co, Allagash, etc...
Let's not sleep on Chicago beer, friends. BCBS, Rev's barrel program, Hop Butcher, Half Acre, Riverlands, St. Errant, More, Phase 3.

Those Maine breweries a freaking great though. Went to visit my sister to see the KC v Ravens game, and we hit a beer bar to watch the Bears game, and they had freaking Maine Dinner on tap. A truly perfect beer in my book. It and Pliny the Younger, are just epic. Try them. Every chance you get. That keg lasted 2 hours max.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The problem here in Oregon is that when I go to the craft beer section, it's 90% IPAs. Not that I have a problem with IPAs, but why the hell aren't these breweries brewing other types of beer as well?!? I enjoy more than just IPAs.

Where I used to live in Texas, there were plenty of craft breweries around (I used to go to brewery tours all the time with friends in the local brew club(), and most of them brewed one or more IPAs, but they also brewed other beers as well. Most of them also had something in the middle, like a couple lagers or reds, and a couple on the stout end, porters or other stouts. Some also had sours, or belgians, hefeweizens, etc...just not all IPA all the time, like it seems from what I've been seeing here.

Texus

I mean if you like wild beers and sours, DeGarde is in Oregon. One of the best brewers if wild yeast styles in the US.

Others IMHO would be Side Project (St Louis), Jester King (TX), Oxbow (ME) and Hill Farmstead (VT).

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Jester King (TX)
Funny you should mention as the wife & I were drinking Estival Dichotomous from Jester King on tap at the pub last night. It's a 5.7% abv farmhouse saison made with watermelon & it was absolutely delicious. Not too fruity but plenty sour & it was perfect for a warm evening alongside some bbq food.

Jester-King-Logo.png

Followed up with this 11% triple cherry gose called Red Odyssey from Polly's Brew Co. in North Wales, which was like a very fine, far too drinkable, fruity red wine . . . .

PTCG1.jpg

PTCG2.jpg

It was a sour evening.
Then we meandered home :freak:

:peace:

Texus

Funny you should mention as the wife & I were drinking Estival Dichotomous from Jester King on tap at the pub last night. It's a 5.7% abv farmhouse saison made with watermelon & it was absolutely delicious. Not too fruity but plenty sour & it was perfect for a warm evening alongside some bbq food.

Jester-King-Logo.png

Followed up with this 11% triple cherry gose called Red Odyssey from Polly's Brew Co. in North Wales, which was like a very fine, far too drinkable, fruity red wine . . . .

PTCG1.jpg

PTCG2.jpg

It was a sour evening.
Then we meandered home :freak:

:peace:
I will need to keep an eye out for Pollys.

Jester King hits such a sweet spot for me.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I mean if you like wild beers and sours, DeGarde is in Oregon. One of the best brewers if wild yeast styles in the US.

Others IMHO would be Side Project (St Louis), Jester King (TX), Oxbow (ME) and Hill Farmstead (VT).
Thanks for the tips. I like to buy local, so I've been focusing more on Oregon beers since I moved here from Texas. I'll have to keep an eye out for DeGarde.

Top Bottom