Anvil vs. Dani Fusion Comparison

leanpubpackage

Those who have both, what are your thoughts? I am loving my fusion but have been very curious about the Anvil lately. Is it worth having both?

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: whatitdew

chimpybits

chimpybits,

checkyourlibido

Those who have both, what are your thoughts? I am loving my fusion but have been very curious about the Anvil lately. Is it worth having both?
I can't give an answer. But I'm a bit of a flavour chaser, so I stopped looking at the Anvil.

I'm also glad that Anvil doesn't do sales, so I'm not tempted. I don't like spending money, but if I'm SAVING money...:lol:

johnnyCanuck

I have both. Was hitting both back to back natively last night for a quick comparison. There are differences wrt to vapour quality and torching procedures but I don't think there are enough to absolutely need to purchase both. Especially with the difference in price between the two.

I barely use the Anvil for now. I prefer to reach for the Fusion.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
BFG has been closely listening to their users and continually refining (engineering) and improving the Dani through out it's short history. I own an Anvil, a Dani V2, V3 SS, V3 Ti and a Fusion. If RDL ( black not combusted AVB ) is your style and don't like counting to get there, and your lungs can handle hot vapor or willing to use a WP then Anvil gets the slight nod IMO.

On the other hand, the Fusion cost 60% the $ of an Anvil, ( other Dani models even less ) has a larger bowl, produces cool vapor, has Titanium through out it's robustly built structure and can produce RDL vapor if desired.

The last time I used the Anvil was when a friend wanted to try it out at our New Year's eve party. Cleaned it after, and then put it away.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
BFG has been closely listening to their users and continually refining (engineering) and improving the Dani through out it's short history. I own an Anvil, a Dani V2, V3 SS, V3 Ti and a Fusion. If RDL ( black not combusted AVB ) is your style and don't like counting to get there, and your lungs can handle hot vapor or willing to use a WP then Anvil gets the slight nod IMO.

On the other hand, the Fusion cost less than half the $ of an Anvil, ( other Dani models even less ) has a larger bowl, produces cool vapor, has Titanium through out it's robustly built structure and can produce RDL vapor if desired.

The last time I used the Anvil was when a friend wanted to try it out at our New Year's eve party. Cleaned it after, and then put it away.
Ehh, but if you factor in how much money you’ve spent on the revisions Vu has made, you’re well over the price of an Anvil. Vu has some quality control issues that still need to be smoothed out, IMO. You’ll never have ill-fitting parts or orings getting eaton on the Anvil. I took my fusion apart for a clean the other day and I literally had to use a vice to get the little bowl part back into the metal housing.

Also where are you getting that a Fusion costs less than half of an Anvil? That’s not true at all. $270cad with shipping for an Anvil, and 227 with shipping for a Fusion. That ain’t even close to half, it’s a 43 dollar difference. The Anvils engineering is a clear cut above BFG, and definitely worth the price it costs to make. You must remember it ain’t cheap to manufacture in Canada. It costs $100cad just to get the magnetic cap on the Dani for Pete sakes.

In terms of function, the Fusion is fantastic, especially for the flavour chasers, but that’s about the only thing it’s got on the Anvil. I can handle the Anvil natively with the XL bowl and small mouthpiece just fine, no need for cooling at all. Absolute lung busters to be sure, but in no way is it uncomfortable for me personally. XL bowl is .20 by the way, bigger than the .14 bowl of the Fusion.

Anvil wins on heat efficiency and retention as well, the copper clad oven is no joke and the silver rings on the Fusion pale in comparison.

All in all I enjoy owning both and the answer for what is better depends solely on what experience you’re after. (As usual with any vape)

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Arawfish Thank you for calling that to my attention. The Vestratto web site list the Anvil price at $229 USD which equates to $310 CAD.
( currency converter ) I've adjusted my post to read "60% the $ of the Anvil".

My current fav Dani is the $125 CAD V3 SS. The smaller Fusion bowl can slide inside the large V3 SS bowl that can handle 0.1g of herb. I prefer the extra size and mass of the SS bowl for hash.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
@Arawfish Thank you for calling that to my attention. The Vestratto web site list the Anvil price at $229 USD which equates to $310 CAD.
( currency converter ) I've adjusted my post to read "60% the $ of the Anvil".

My current fav Dani is the $125 CAD V3 SS. The Fusion bowl can slide inside the large V3 SS bowl that can handle 0.1g of herb. I prefer the extra size and mass of the SS bowl for hash.
Oh you know what, the $270 is with one of the 10% discount codes. That’s where I got that number from.

That’s cool about the fusion bowl sliding into the V3, didn’t know that was possible!

Top Bottom