Anvil by Vestratto

leanpubpackage

Has anybody ever had a bowl clicks be off? Had an XL bowl get stuck last night, and after having to use a hex key to get it out, testing it a couple bowls and now the second click comes almost immediately after first. Probably gonna have to replace it, still works but I felt that delay between first and second click was a great gauge on the roast you wanted.
When my XL bowl was new, the 2 clicks happened almost together. After a couple hundred clicks later, there's a much larger gap between the two. It might correct itself...or could be dependent on heating technique

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: Jojofernz

Jojofernz

When my XL bowl was new, the 2 clicks happened almost together. After a couple hundred clicks later, there's a much larger gap between the two. It might correct itself...or could be dependent on heating technique
Thanks for this response. It was much longer between clicks before I got the bowl stuck is why I’m worried, but after you said this and I’ve been running a few bowls since it happened, it does almost seem like the delay is starting to get longer, maybe it will correct like you said! Gonna try a couple approaches to heating too. Appreciate it!

Jojofernz,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Hey guys hope all is well!
Here's a video of the Forge Rev 1 and themocore in action

Rev 1

Edit* YT video not working...I will probably go live again at some point if you guys wanted.

Last edited:

condition

It also depends on the cleaning method, for example if you soak the cap in ISO it may increase the time between the 2 clicks.

condition,

Whiff

Company Rep
I have also noticed that a new herb chamber will have a bit of a work in period. I always found new chambers click a bit later/hotter but once the discs "work in" they find a happy medium. I had a new chamber that took 35 sec for the 1st click which resulted is darker less tasty hit, once she is broken in she would click a bit sooner with the same heating technique.

The time between clicks can differ depending on how aggressive you heat the oven, the closer the clicks the closer to a RTL experience you will have. I have always stopped at the 1st click and recommend anyone with a strong enough flame to do the same, 2nd click helps for under powered torches which need the extra "soak time" to help aid in extraction. When i want a darker estratto i would turn my torch up and aim for a 25-30 sec 1st click.

I was also thinking of going live again on Youtube seeing as my live forge video got taken down and i know a bunch of you guys don't use IG. Are there any days that work best for the majority of you guys here?

PeePhlegm

Hi Guys,

I am purchasing an anvil and want to make sure I can hit it native as well as attach it to my 8mm WPAs I already have.

I have purchased a wooden heat shield from tswooden arts so I don't need the stock heat shield.

I also want an XL bowl and XL mouthpiece so I don't need the Full bowl or stock mouthpiece that comes with the anvil kit itself.

Would the following items (with the addition of the heat shield and the spiral filter that comes with the XL mouthpiece) give me a complete native anvil?:

PeePhlegm,

Whiff

Company Rep
Hi Guys,

I am purchasing an anvil and want to make sure I can hit it native as well as attach it to my 8mm WPAs I already have.

I have purchased a wooden heat shield from tswooden arts so I don't need the stock heat shield.

I also want an XL bowl and XL mouthpiece so I don't need the Full bowl or stock mouthpiece that comes with the anvil kit itself.

Would the following items (with the addition of the heat shield and the spiral filter that comes with the XL mouthpiece) give me a complete native anvil?:

Hey PeePhlegm,
Yes what you have there looks perfect for what you are looking to do.
The USA kit will allow you to use it with your existing WPA's as well as any 8mm stems
The condenser will help complete your native setup as the USA has a shorter condenser.

Now you have to show us the tswooden heatshield when you get it!!!!!

Looks good to me...use Whiff10 for discount code
Ayeee tysm my good man! Much appreciated

envyxoa

Anyone use anvil with revolve gen 2 glass? How is it with native use? Also. What IH yall use? Debating on going balls to wall with thermocore USA. And induction heater.

envyxoa,
Anyone use anvil with revolve gen 2 glass? How is it with native use? Also. What IH yall use? Debating on going balls to wall with thermocore USA. And induction heater.
Cooling system surface area collect much more reclaim than a direct airpath and it make your stem clog much quicker so be prepared to have to clean it very often if you use a gen 2. Also all that reclaim collection is a lost of potency in your vapor IMHO.

It's a good stem that will allow to pull longer before your throat struggle. For me with my USA I went from a budget vessel helix that was restricting the airflow a little. Than I went for the revolve gen2. That was a very good upgrade

But after 1 month I removed the cooling unit and went for a basic simrell condenser with a direct airpath, I dont use there vortex twisted thing. I instantly reduced the amount of bowl I need to get were I want to be.

I will receive my thermocore tomorow and from that experience I decided to go with the Vesttrato stem for this one. Logical choice to have less cleaning to do and less potency lost. My lungs are use to it now. Just take smaller drag.

Will see how I like it tomorow but from how I vape my duracore USA im pretty sure I did the right move for me. I plan to keep using my duracore with torch and the thermocore will be for the forge only.

Comfortably Numb

Cooling system surface area collect much more reclaim than a direct airpath and it make your stem clog much quicker so be prepared to have to clean it very often if you use a gen 2. Also all that reclaim collection is a lost of potency in your vapor IMHO.

It's a good stem that will allow to pull longer before your throat struggle. For me with my USA I went from a budget vessel helix that was restricting the airflow a little. Than I went for the revolve gen2. That was a very good upgrade

But after 1 month I removed the cooling unit and went for a basic simrell condenser with a direct airpath, I dont use there vortex twisted thing. I instantly reduced the amount of bowl I need to get were I want to be.

I will receive my thermocore tomorow and from that experience I decided to go with the Vesttrato stem for this one. Logical choice to have less cleaning to do and less potency lost. My lungs are use to it now. Just take smaller drag.

Will see how I like it tomorow but from how I vape my duracore USA im pretty sure I did the right move for me. I plan to keep using my duracore with torch and the thermocore will be for the forge only.
TY...you verified what I already knew I guess but was afraid to ask on the other thread...I hate cleaning...I am a heavy user of the Anvil...do manage to try to mix in DV's into my daily use. I mostly use The Anvil natively and I just wanted to tell you that you will LOVE the new oven...longer lasting battery even with low temp heat-ups. The flavor shines with the clouds...
I can't put the damn thing down!

Roffa

TY...you verified what I already knew I guess but was afraid to ask on the other thread...I hate cleaning...I am a heavy user of the Anvil...do manage to try to mix in DV's into my daily use. I mostly use The Anvil natively and I just wanted to tell you that you will LOVE the new oven...longer lasting battery even with low temp heat-ups. The flavor shines with the clouds...
I can't put the damn thing down!
Right? Especially with IH, thermocore is a game changer.
I removed all screens from the ovens that have them, and the condenser, and only left the one in the xl mouthpiece. Sometimes there's some material, but far less than you would think. Cleaning is far less of a hassle that way.

Roffa,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Roffa

Does anybody know if the SKCreations V2 insert works for the new oven?
How are you heating with the wand?
The new oven demands a slightly different technique, I discovered. This is what works best for me:

I tear off a nug to fit the XL oven without cramming it in. I don't grind. I pre-heat the oven with the wand on 420 C. Basically it's a timer, I believe. I heat until the light goes solid. Then I screw in the oven and I heat until click. I draw, bit by bit until the cooling click, then immediately heat again until click and draw until the cooling click and that's it. Chocolate color ABV dust, all resin gone. I don't use an insert. This way you kind of "surf" the heat coming from the increased mass. I use the Anvil natively with the spirals and screens removed and an xl mouthpiece.

Comfortably Numb

The new oven demands a slightly different technique, I discovered. This is what works best for me:

I tear off a nug to fit the XL oven without cramming it in. I don't grind. I pre-heat the oven with the wand on 420 C. Basically it's a timer, I believe. I heat until the light goes solid. Then I screw in the oven and I heat until click. I draw, bit by bit until the cooling click, then immediately heat again until click and draw until the cooling click and that's it. Chocolate color ABV dust, all resin gone. I don't use an insert. This way you kind of "surf" the heat coming from the increased mass. I use the Anvil natively with the spirals and screens removed and an xl mouthpiece.
Yea I read that...not sure I would try that but for sure the condenser and screen cleaning ritual has been a bitch for me....wish that Vestratto had come out with the screen removal tool that they first claimed they would...my guess they could not come up with a suitable design...and you can't get q-tips in the condenser...cant capture reclaim from it..at least I dont know how...
So you use the condenser without a screen? And you pre-heat oven then screw in a cold bowl?

Comfortably Numb,

Roffa

Yea I read that...not sure I would try that but for sure the condenser and screen cleaning ritual has been a bitch for me....wish that Vestratto had come out with the screen removal tool that they first claimed they would...my guess they could not come up with a suitable design...and you can't get q-tips in the condenser...cant capture reclaim from it..at least I dont know how...
So you use the condenser without a screen? And you pre-heat oven then screw in a cold bowl?
I hope I described it clearly enough.

Jojofernz

Be careful, I don’t know how the thermocore handles it, but I had tried doing the pre-heating the oven thing with the og anvil, and it actually got the bowl stuck in the oven, and messed with the timing of the clicks

Jojofernz,

Jojofernz

I more meant pre heating the oven without the bowl in it. I believe it helps the threads expand, and when you insert the cold bowl could potentially cause issues. Maybe it’s fixed with the thermocore just giving a caution of my own experience having clicks uncalibrated and a stuck bowl

Top Bottom