Anvil by Vestratto

Kirudub

I've been a Dynavap user since 2018, with propane & now induction using an iSpire Wand.

I got my WPA kit with the ThermoCore oven (half bowl size) the other day, and I have a question.

For reference, I'm using a Blazer Firefox torch to heat the WPA, focusing the lower copper band until I hear a click (@ 35-40 sec).

This gives me a fairly cloudy bong hit (admittedly similar to what I've been getting with my Dynavap); but it's just the one hit; If I try another torch heating cycle, I usually get slightly flavored air. The ABV I've been getting is also quite light colored, but that might be due to the specific strain I'm using right now. I'll experiment on some others. :D

Comparatively, with my Dynavap, I'm usually able to get 2 heat/click cycles using a Helix tip with a similar amount of herb (adjust-a-bowl at first screen indent).

So: is the first click the only click with the ThermoCore? I've seen videos of past Anvil oven versions that had two clicks, where the 2nd is riding the line.

I tried a test with the torch hitting the ThermoCore oven after the 1st click, but aborted after what felt like too long a time with nothing happening.

Bottom line, I've seen videos with folks using the Anti w/ a half bowl where they get multiple hits; am I doing something wrong?.

Thanks, and happy holidays, all!🎅:leaf:

Kirudub,
My XL bowl that came with the duracore click twice (5 second interval)

I heat the copper battery to second click and extract all of the 0.2 g in one heat cycle. AVB are dark or brown depending if I packed light or tight.

Some strain still have a little bit left and I can give a second heat cycle but I stop at the 1st click cause it's risky to combust at that point on a second heat cycle.

I didn't try the smaller bowl but im guessing it should be easier to get a single heat cycle extraction.

Hummm you have try to heat it empty and never got a second click🤔 than im confuse. Maybee try it a second time but dont overheat it. It should click twice from my experience but as I said I only own 1 bowl for now.

I ordered the thermocore with 3 extra bowl this morning.... I hope all those bowl click twice like the one im used to.

Edit: got to had I also vaporize other legal herbs having a relaxing effect and it will combust on the second click. Perfect on the 1st click. So it's kind of important that those bowl click twice 🧐

Last edited:
Jenny.2.play,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Duba

Accessory Maker
Vers référence, j'utilise une torche Blazer Firefox pour chaler le WPA, en focalisant la bande de cuivre jusqu'à ce que j'est entre lestz (plus de 35-40 sec).
Imo, The Anvil was designed to kill a bowl in 1 heating session.
I heat the copper ring up to the 2nd click with a powerful 1-flame torch (Ronx) for massive hits. There are differences depending on the bowl chosen.

Vapeaction

I too am running the Blazer Firefox torch, I heat just below the second copper band aiming into the valley… I now have all three bowl sizes… they all have a second click. Depending on how loud it clicks determines when I start my draw… I’ve heard the phrase “melt your face off”… but this vape is the only one that has “melted my face off”… oh it is also the only vape I open to find a spent bowl… or find a full bowl…or heat an empty bowl… that good
On 1/2 bowl, heat to the second click then give er a good draw till it stops… the vapor is thick and AVB is Dark Brown nearly black…
Merry Christmas Everyone… hope the fat man was good to you folks ❤️

Kirudub

^^

I wonder if something's off with my unit, then. I've been using the WPA for almost a week now, and have yet to hear a 2nd click.

I just tested, and after the 1st click, I waited almost 10 seconds with heat applied and still didn't hear the 2nd click.

I removed the heat and started inhaling, and got combustion. Time to clean. :shrug:

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Texus

^^

I wonder if something's off with my unit, then. I've been using the WPA for almost a week now, and have yet to hear a 2nd click.

I just tested, and after the 1st click, I waited almost 10 seconds with heat applied and still didn't hear the 2nd click.

I removed the heat and started inhaling, and got combustion. Time to clean. :shrug:

I find that it isn't uncommon for the second click to come about 5 sec after the first, even when I remove the heat source right after click one. Especially with the Inductor

Vapeaction

I have both (not the thermocore). What i can say is if you love your Anvil, the Tempest won't come out on top in terms of extraction power.
The Tempest retains heat longer and allows more puffs on a charge, but it doesn't extract as powerfully in one go as the anvil.
The medication is not as powerful for my taste.
The Tempest is great in some respects (IH compatibility, visual indicator, heat retention, MH cooling stem), but it didn't impress me as much as the Anvil did in its early days (and still does today, that's its strength).

^^

That seems strange... I know my XL bowl only seemed to have one click and I combusted first time I tried it - then I heated it empty once and it clicked twice back to back. Seems over time the length of time has increased between clicks... may be metal "breaking - in" Bi - metal bending back and forth.
Maybe a dry run to wake up that second click... it's there... it will be worth the wait...
Oh I'm confident you will know when you RTL

coolbreeze

VAS took over and coerced me into ordering the thermocore WPA Kit…most likely not needed after already having the duracore but you know…holidays
I love it already. Been using it with the USA and a glass cooling stem native and it's like a big glass doob. My only problem is that I can't seem to find a voltage on the Inductor that will heat it gently enough to avoid near-or actual combustion. By torch it's perfect.

leanpubpackage

I love it already. Been using it with the USA and a glass cooling stem native and it's like a big glass doob. My only problem is that I can't seem to find a voltage on the Inductor that will heat it gently enough to avoid near-or actual combustion. By torch it's perfect.
Do you find that it inducts more easily? I plan on using it with the wand. I’m using the tempest wand adapter for my duracore and it gets a nice dark roast right at the 2nd click in about 45s…hoping the thicker oven and better inductivity will reduce the time of heat up needed with the wand

coolbreeze

Do you find that it inducts more easily? I plan on using it with the wand. I’m using the tempest wand adapter for my duracore and it gets a nice dark roast right at the 2nd click in about 45s…hoping the thicker oven and better inductivity will reduce the time of heat up needed with the wand
It's really hard to say with the Inductor, it's so fast. And of course once you start playing you're instantly stoned and quickly approaching too stoned for reliable insights! My sense is that it does induct well. It's certainly getting hot enough quickly enough! ; )

Roffa

Thermocore + Ispire Wand = outstanding.
I put away the Wand, because it was so underwhelming to me on the OG oven, with none of the signature of torch heating. This thermocore is a gamechanger. I love the extra time on a heat up cycle. I had to dial down the Wand a little bit, because it heated a tad too well haha.

What I find so admirable is that every enhancement has been an improvement: the XL mouthpiece and bowl, the integrated stem and now this very capable oven.

Texus

I put away the Wand, because it was so underwhelming to me on the OG oven, with none of the signature of torch heating. This thermocore is a gamechanger. I love the extra time on a heat up cycle. I had to dial down the Wand a little bit, because it heated a tad too well haha.

What I find so admirable is that every enhancement has been an improvement: the XL mouthpiece and bowl, the integrated stem and now this very capable oven.
Ohhhh why haven't I tried it with Wand yet?

Texus,

Comfortably Numb

Just tried it...works great...I had given up using The Wand for the Anvil....nice to know!

Comfortably Numb,

Jojofernz

This is great to hear! About the try the Anvil for the first time today if I really like it seems the Thermocore is the way to go so I can use torch and wand

Jojofernz,

Texus

Wonder if this better Wand compatibility then undercuts the sales of the Forge IH that Vestratto has been working on for so long...

But I am sure comparisons of those 2 IHs will come.

Texus,

Roffa

Wonder if this better Wand compatibility then undercuts the sales of the Forge IH that Vestratto has been working on for so long...

But I am sure comparisons of those 2 IHs will come.
If I interpret the previews correctly, the Forge will do spot heating directly to the oven, instead of a ring, like the Wand. I think the Inductor also has a unit that spot-heats. I think the thermocore has the option to heat on the body of the oven, or on the battery ring. Of course with the Wand this isn't possible, but it will be with the Forge. In this respect, the Wand is very indiscriminate in its heating. And already so excellent. Can't wait for the Forge, als because of its likely battery arrangement.

I’ve been messing around with the Thermocore and torch. I do think there’s a difference vs. the OG oven. I’ve noticed my herb is coming out a bit darker with a similar heating technique. Must be the additional mass? The extra heat retention seems noticeable as well. Loving the continued innovation from Vestratto. This is still my number one vape when I want to get smacked by a massive bong rip.

Top Bottom