Anvil by Vestratto

seki

Butane has also been done though, the somewhat resembling dynavap for example.
To me butane is the power source, similar to batteries. A Sticky Brick is also powered by butane but I don't think you can argue that it's the same thing as an Anvil.

The zirconia is innovative imo in the same way the copper core is.
My point specifically was that the copper core battery itself the most unique heating element design that we've seen in the last few years. While both materials are unique to vapes, the heater matrix of a Z8 is pretty much identical to a B0 for all intents and purposes, a cylinder filled with glass balls. Again, not a knock on the Z8, I'm looking forward to hopefully snagging one myself, but I can't think of any other heater designs that have a reservoir that stores and continuously delivers heat energy quite like the Anvil.

Last edited:

jasp3r

Given the performance of the device along with the responses to your comment, I don't think it's a stretch to see why an Anvil might be a suitable Flower Pot replacement for some, at least from that perspective.
Would like to chime in here as we are getting to the last weeks of the year. When reminiscing about this year's vape innovations I would also really throw out a real kudos to the team at Vestratto.

A year ago my flowerpot was plugged in and on 24/7. This year, the anvil definitely took its spot in the rotation.

I know it sounds funny and is hard to grasp, but this tiny portable did replace my flowerpot. You can obviously pack the flowerpot bowl way bigger, but there is something about the tiny anvil bowl and the amount it extracts consistently.

I also have moved towards more direct drawing on the anvil and I simply love how you can either toke it hard or slow and get amazing hits. I find there is a lot more variance with technique on flowerpot with glass, draw speed and a couple other factors.

The Anvil WPA is pretty awesome and the USA is also a great accessory. To me, Vestratto has had a great year and can't wait for 2023.

Also minor side note. I think little vape revolutions are super interesting. For example we got the mighty then we see a shit ton of hybrid vapes at different price points. We have had ball vapes with it branching off on different form factors and materials, and we also have the butane metal vapes mostly like dynavap, hippie pipe etc. I think John did something so different with the design of this style of vape I wouldnt call it a branch but a new theme of vapes, higher thermal retention butane portables made out of metal. Say what you want but Dynavap FMJ, DaniVape, Thermal Accumulator all followed and work on this general principle of high mass that I believe John set the foundation for.

Shorner

The Anvil is about the only vape I have tried that i can do back to back bowls without coughing , the vapor is just right for me thick and robust with no tickle,,I can't do back to back bowls with the Dynavap without coughing a lung up..most electric vapes tickle my chest bad too...loving the Anvil , oh and it hits like a train everytime 😛

Grumpyrider

Infamous__vapes on Instagram
So after a few days I’ve decided I prefer the usa over the standard anvil. I feel like the air flow is significantly tighter on the anvil, even with condenser in the wide open position.

Grumpyrider,
Reactions: Knewt

jasp3r

The Anvil is about the only vape I have tried that i can do back to back bowls without coughing , the vapor is just right for me thick and robust with no tickle,,I can't do back to back bowls with the Dynavap without coughing a lung up..most electric vapes tickle my chest bad too...loving the Anvil , oh and it hits like a train everytime 😛
This ^ I’m a young guy (in my twenties) and let me tell you I see dudes 3 times my age with lungs 10x bigger. So I know exactly what tickle you are referring to with electronic vapes and the difference with the anvil! That is why I own 3 anvils, it’s a special one!

Knewt

So after a few days I’ve decided I prefer the usa over the standard anvil. I feel like the air flow is significantly tighter on the anvil, even with condenser in the wide open position.
I have one water piece and the Anvil, WPA, and the USA. I find that I also prefer the USA, I also feel like I extract more with the USA. It’s possible it may be due to the water piece, but I have nothing else to try.

Knewt,
Reactions: yogie

Grumpyrider

I have one water piece and the Anvil, WPA, and the USA. I find that I also prefer the USA, I also feel like I extract more with the USA. It’s possible it may be due to the water piece, but I have nothing else to try.
I feel like I extract more and easier. I feel like I have more control over the vapor for sure

Grumpyrider,
Reactions: Knewt

Comfortably Numb

Pick up a integrated stem.....I did not expect much difference when I ordered it but it really makes a huge difference for me....night and day

Comfortably Numb,

Grumpyrider

Pick up a integrated stem.....I did not expect much difference when I ordered it but it really makes a huge difference for me....night and day

🤔
I had another user tell me they’re similar in restriction. I’m honestly not enjoying the anvil stem as is. Im considering just buying another adapter and making it another usa

Grumpyrider,

Comfortably Numb

🤔
I had another user tell me they’re similar in restriction. I’m honestly not enjoying the anvil stem as is. Im considering just buying another adapter and making it another usa
I had read that here before I ordered it...thats why I did expect much....I use native and thru glass...I have 2 Anvils and have not found the need to order the WPA and I cant really pay for nice stems so have not ordered a USA though I may in the future.
I do plan on ordering a second integrated stem....so much easier to use and when I want more airflow it works great...
Order both....

btka

I'm in the same boat. I never really loved the battery vapes (until the TM2!)
I will say, the TA is also in the rotation. It complements the Anvil, different enough and awesome in its own way.
The Anvil and TA have shelved the desktop
I am interested between the differences in Anvil and TA. TA should be very similar to smoking a joint(as far as I read in the TA thread), so to say you can take multiple draws with satisfying clouds. And what I also understand TA you can use with an IH Anvil not. Planning to buy a TA when available again, so I thought to buy maybe an Anvil till TA is available again.

btka,

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
TA you can use with an IH Anvil not.
The Anvil is compatible with induction heating, just not many induction heaters that can drive it. The main one at the moment is the VHB 3D, however vestratto is working on their own IH.

TA looks interesting as it implements the balls in a portable way but I cannot go back to no temperature indication, I had enough messing around with that with my torch driven elev8r. Guess I am too lazy and spoiled by the clacks the anvil makes when its ready to medicate.

Duba

Accessory Maker
The Anvil is compatible with induction heating, just not many induction heaters that can drive it. The main one at the moment is the VHB 3D, however vestratto is working on their own IH.

TA looks interesting as it implements the balls in a portable way but I cannot go back to no temperature indication, I had enough messing around with that with my torch driven elev8r. Guess I am too lazy and spoiled by the clacks the anvil makes when its ready to medicate.
The anvil is so simple and efficient that it's difficult to match, as the extractions are perfect, homogeneous and constant.
That's why i love it!

My_50p_worth

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep

Is this something to be worried about?
Yes, you can ship that dangerous device to me for official inspection.

Planck

believes in Dog

Is this something to be worried about?
I doubt it, I am not a expert.
These are extremely small particles (1×10−9 m}, the definition would allow particles ranging in size from a single molecule to ~100 molecules. It's difficult to produce anything that small because molecules like to group.

There's 602,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Cu molecules in one gram, comforting to know ya.

My_50p_worth

I doubt it, I am not a expert.
These are extremely small particles (1×10−9 m}, the definition would allow particles ranging in size from a single molecule to ~100 molecules. It's difficult to produce anything that small because molecules like to group.

There's 602,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Cu molecules in one gram, comforting to know ya.
Thanks for (somewhat) putting my mind at ease.

I know the Cu off gassing is a non issue at vaping temps, but the inhalation of oxide nanoparticulate seems to bring some pretty nasty results - and the oxidation is produced the moment your torch touches the exposed Cu.

Hopefully you’re right about the molecule behaviour stopping the particles being able to get that small. Interestingly the study claims Cu oxide particulate of micrometer size and up doesn’t have the same toxicity as nanoparticles

Plus I suppose someone would’ve been hospitalised by now if it was a genuine concern, given the damage the NP’s cause.

Perhaps in future John could make a V2 of the copper core oven that totally covers all the copper, would help to convert that last group of safety skeptics too

Planck

believes in Dog
Since the manufacture and use of nanoparticles are increasing, humans are more likely to be exposed occupationally or via consumer products and the environment. However, so far toxicity data for most manufactured nanoparticles are limited.

Do note this study was looking at manufactured particles not naturally occuring. I think one use of Cu nanoparticles is in pesticides.

Also interesting that carbon nanoparticles are cytotoxic, we are carbon based life forms.

Covering the copper with SS would kind of defeat the concept by changing the thermal conductivity. Feeling rich? Gold thermal battery.

I think we have more important and immediately dangerous things to worry about.

Feel better now? :D

My_50p_worth

Since the manufacture and use of nanoparticles are increasing, humans are more likely to be exposed occupationally or via consumer products and the environment. However, so far toxicity data for most manufactured nanoparticles are limited.

Do note this study was looking at manufactured particles not naturally occuring. I think one use of Cu nanoparticles is in pesticides.

Absolutely, but I’m not sure if that part is relevant or not?

As in, a Copper Oxide NP would surely have the same makeup (and thereby toxicity) whether manufactured or naturally occurring from parts that have an oxidation layer.

That’s of course IF NP’s can drop naturally from an oxidation layer and don’t need special techniques to remove particulate so small. I think this is the main point at issue here, whether that is or is not a possibility.

^ I think that’s what I should research specifically to put myself at ease

Covering the copper with SS would kind of defeat the concept by changing the thermal conductivity. Feeling rich? Gold thermal battery.

I was under the impression you could SS coat the thermal battery for safety, and the underlying copper would still spread the heat around as before. Obviously with tweaks to thermal mass to compensate for added SS. Perhaps I’m wrong though!

Feel better now? :D

Mostly yeah, I think I’ll do a little more research to be sure though :)

Thank you though, I really do appreciate being able to have this conversation with someone who engages and takes it seriously

DocNicksche

Also interesting that carbon nanoparticles are cytotoxic, we are carbon based life forms.
...many, if not all kind of particles in the size-range of nanometers are potentially toxic (cytotoxic, mutagenous or otherwise tumor favoring). That's not a Cu specific thing. Although some elements are, lets say "more dangerous", that's true.
But mainly it's the particle size... it's so small, it can enter the cells in your body and potentially harm them.

I'm pretty sure, that one would have to worry more about the nanoparticles we're all exposed to daily, than those potentially emitting from the anvil by torching it.

My_50p_worth

I'm pretty sure, that one would have to worry more about the nanoparticles we're all exposed to daily, than those potentially emitting from the anvil by torching it.

“If you’re going to die anyway, why worry about your health in the first place?”

With all due respect, I dislike that argument. It’s basically whataboutism

Of course, you’re absolutely right that we are exposed to NP’s daily of differing toxicities.

As a landscaper I’d say it’s even worse than solely NP’s for me, as I often breathe air thick with all sorts of stuff. No effects for me yet, but some of the longer term guys haven’t got the best of lungs.

Still though, I try to avoid too much extra harm just because I’m already being harmed. You know?

DocNicksche

Still though, I try to avoid too much extra harm just because I’m already being harmed. You know?
... I totally agree! 😉✌️

It was not my intention to say you don't need to worry, because you gonna die anyway... I just wanted to say that I don't think you have to worry about those NPs from the anvil, since the amount of them will not be significant compared to those you are already exposed to from your environment.

...as risk control measure, if you worry you could inhale said NPs by sucking on your anvil, you could just blow air over it before you use it to spread them and minimize the chance to catch some.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be funny or anything, I seriously want to help with your concerns. I think that's thinking into the right direction 👍

And sorry, if I'm not Always 100% clear with my wording... I'm not a native speaker 😅

My_50p_worth

... I totally agree! 😉✌️

It was not my intention to say you don't need to worry, because you gonna die anyway... I just wanted to say that I don't think you have to worry about those NPs from the anvil, since the amount of them will not be significant compared to those you are already exposed to from your environment.

...as risk control measure, if you worry you could inhale said NPs by sucking on your anvil, you could just blow air over it before you use it to spread them and minimize the chance to catch some.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be funny or anything, I seriously want to help with your concerns. I think that's thinking into the right direction 👍

And sorry, if I'm not Always 100% clear with my wording... I'm not a native speaker 😅
Hey man no offence taken at all!

I could see what you meant and that there was no malice. All good here, discussions on FC are always chill :)

Thank you for the shared advice to remove NP’s as well, I mean in all honesty I have another vape to use as well and I’ll still be hitting the anvil don’t worry ;)

I just came across that study and felt it would be something that would create a good discussion on here, which it has - it’s good to see a nice mix of both serious discussion and some funny jokes too. Balance is always good

And @cptofnthng I'm gonna try denying the NP’s consent, no means no ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom