Anvil by Vestratto

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I’m late to the Anvil party but is there an easy way to pop the screen in the condenser for the WPA kit. I combusted and want to use a new screen. Vestratto needs to add some instructional videos to their website.

Edit:is it easy to pop in a new screen?
I use a poker tool to get it out and to
Push it in just my thumb or for some more pressure the back of one of those brushes with wooden handle.

An iso soak will also clean the screen btw, don't need a new one imo

Texus

It looks like the most joint-like experience I've seen, I think, besides some of the direct-hit glass vapes.
Tho some of that in Piggies vids may be somewhat due to him hitting concentrate and/or hash. I'm still getting to know mine and with just flower I'm not sipping quite so long. But still dialing in my technique.

And 100% on how complementary TA and Anvil are.

yogie

Hi all. Curious about the heat up time for the anvil?

I currently use the Vapman and do two heat cycles, 6 sec torch, 4 second pause, 6 sec heat again and take a hit. Roughly 16 seconds.

What about with the anvil and a single torch using the half bowl?

yogie,

Arawfish

Green Thumb

I currently use the Vapman and do two heat cycles, 6 sec torch, 4 second pause, 6 sec heat again and take a hit. Roughly 16 seconds.

I can’t say for certain with the half bowl, but it takes me about 54 seconds to get both clicks with my Vapman torch on a regular bowl.

My_50p_worth

I wouldn’t bother using a small single torch for the anvil, it doesn’t have enough power to drive it really. Great for flavour hits, though

With something like the firefox or RONXS torch you can expect between 25-30 seconds, and that’s enough to cash the entire bowl with no top ups and feel the true anvil experience ;)

My_50p_worth,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I wouldn’t bother using a small single torch for the anvil, it doesn’t have enough power to drive it really. Great for flavour hits, though

With something like the firefox or RONXS torch you can expect between 25-30 seconds, and that’s enough to cash the entire bowl with no top ups and feel the true anvil experience ;)
I don’t agree with this, mostly because all I have ever used is my small Vapman torch and it is absolutely powerful enough to RTL.

Shorner

Hi

After a few days with the Anvil im really liking it, although the avb doesn't seem to get that dark? I'm aiming the blazer Firefox straight at the battery for around 30secs until the 2nd click and im getting a massive cloud but the avb looks a yellow colour but when I hit it again hardly any vapor, this is 0.10g in full.bowl , is it ok to heat past the 2nd click ?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hi

After a few days with the Anvil im really liking it, although the avb doesn't seem to get that dark? I'm aiming the blazer Firefox straight at the battery for around 30secs until the 2nd click and im getting a massive cloud but the avb looks a yellow colour but when I hit it again hardly any vapor, this is 0.10g in full.bowl , is it ok to heat past the 2nd click ?
Don’t heat past the second click. If you’re going in for a second round, and not getting any vapour that means there’s nothing left. The colour of the ABV doesn’t always correlate to how spent it actually is.

Shorner

Don’t heat past the second click. If you’re going in for a second round, and not getting any vapour that means there’s nothing left. The colour of the ABV doesn’t always correlate to how spent it actually is.
Thanks mate, i suppose its strain dependant too?

Grumpyrider

Infamous__vapes on Instagram
I’ve had a usa kit for about three weeks now and love it to the point where I bought an anvil next, I went with the OG stem. I really like this one. Also, the one thing I noticed is that the airflow is significantly tighter than the usa. With the usa I barely open the airport a crack and the anvil wide-open is still a tighter draw, is this normal? :hmm:

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I’ve had a usa kit for about three weeks now and love it to the point where I bought an anvil next, I went with the OG stem. I really like this one. Also, the one thing I noticed is that the airflow is significantly tighter than the usa. With the usa I barely open the airport a crack and the anvil wide-open is still a tighter draw, is this normal? :hmm:
I don't have the USA so I cannot compare. Make sure the condenser is seated correctly after you tighten your bowl to the oven. If not seated correctly you have a greater amount of resistance when you draw. Just push the bottom of the bowl towards the stem.

Don Chjun

Hi

I totally get you. When I got my Anvil I used a Blazer PB207 and went past the click by a lot (my lighter was set to the minimum height), I got a Promise (Honest) dagger that was recommended on this forum and with that I get to ride the line consistently with the times posted by @Whiff with each bowl.

I have to agree with @Arawfish that the color of the ABV doesn't really matter that much. I've gone past the click trying to make my ABV look like coal and combusted too many times, forcing me to do a complete cleanup to get rid of the nasty flavour, so you should do fine with a good lighter and respecting the clicks. I personally gave up on reheating a bowl because you'll get minimum vapor with a high risk of combusting.

P.S. I still use my PB207 with the XL bow from time to time, the longer heating time helps me get an even cashed out bowl, it feels like doing a glowie but one bowl is enough to get up in clouds.

Shorner

I totally get you. When I got my Anvil I used a Blazer PB207 and went past the click by a lot (my lighter was set to the minimum height), I got a Promise (Honest) dagger that was recommended on this forum and with that I get to ride the line consistently with the times posted by @Whiff with each bowl.

I have to agree with @Arawfish that the color of the ABV doesn't really matter that much. I've gone past the click trying to make my ABV look like coal and combusted too many times, forcing me to do a complete cleanup to get rid of the nasty flavour, so you should do fine with a good lighter and respecting the clicks. I personally gave up on reheating a bowl because you'll get minimum vapor with a high risk of combusting.

P.S. I still use my PB207 with the XL bow from time to time, the longer heating time helps me get an even cashed out bowl, it feels like doing a glowie but one bowl is enough to get up in clouds.
Thanks for the reply, I have a few other torches so in the name of science i will be doing some serious testing over the Christmas break 🤣
I can't get my head around that the Anvil puffs out clouds bigger than the Dynavap but the avb looks light still 🤣
I still think it's got more to give , I just haven’t mastered the torch technique yet 🤔

Shorner

Perfect for me is the Firefox as low as you can, right on the battery. Clicks in 45 sec or so, and everything comes out.
I feel that my pencil torch is a bit underpowered
I might have my Firefox turned up a tad too high.
Has anyone tried the Aomai lighters ? They are quite a skinny flame but strong 🔥

Shorner,

Shorner

For the most part I rtl even when I hit native and I usually get a dark roast but I have noticed with some strains it stays light
I'm vaping on some White Widow at the moment which is very frosty and dense...I will try some StarDawg later.

Shorner,

seki

I also see a lot of bold claims about the Anvil on this thread. I think people get pretty hyped about a favorite vape and lose a grip sometimes.

What sort of claims would you consider to be bold and who exactly would you say has "lost their grip"? Just curious because off the top of my head, while there was definitely a lot of enthusiasm and excitement, the most outrageous sounding claims I recall reading were that people thought their Anvils extracted just as efficiently or in some cases more efficiently than their desktop units. I don't know if I'd go that far, but at the very least I would agree that Anvil performance is definitely in the ballpark of an average ball-vape set up, significantly closer than a VapCap or a Mighty when using equal amounts of material.

Given the performance of the device along with the responses to your comment, I don't think it's a stretch to see why an Anvil might be a suitable Flower Pot replacement for some, at least from that perspective.

I acknowledge that I could very easily have missed many posts in the thread, but beyond the ball vape comparisons, the other most consistent thing I recall reading here was that people were selling off or putting away their VapCaps as a result of trying an Anvil. I get that this is anecdotal, but having experienced some of this myself, I don't think this is unusual either. After 4+ years of nearly consistent, daily use I've completely stopped using VapCaps as of approximately 6 months ago.

Beyond that and to a lesser degree, I also read people complain about flavour consistently which isn't a bold claim per se, but it is odd to me. You get much better flavour depending on where/how you heat it, literally like any other device out there. Complaining about the Anvil flavour while heating the thermal battery with a large flame for 40-50 seconds to me is akin to hitting a TM2 at 9 or 10. That can taste like shit too, but at 6-7 and below on the dial, it tastes much better. I can take my material to black on the first hit from my Milaanas or Splinters and that will also taste terrible, but I've also gotten some of the best tasting draws I've ever had when heated on a gentler curve. Having said that, no one ought to be buying an Anvil for flavour as it should be apparent that it's not designed to maximize the taste of your material. To me, that seems like complaining that a Porsche has terrible fuel efficiency.

Personally, I've always and still do maintain that the Anvil is the closest thing we have to a Supreme in terms of heat retention. I guess this can be considered 'out there' too, but after having used both my 3.5 and v6 extensively alongside an Anvil, I still stand by that assessment.

If I were to make a bold statement concerning the Anvil, I'd say that a year after launching, there's no doubt in my mind the influence that Anvil/Vestratto has had particularly in the artisan/boutique device space. I don't think you can argue that it was at the very least a spark of inspiration for the FMJ, Danivape, TA and Armored Caps among others and while Estratto is still a terrible marketing term, "Ride The Line" has entered into the community lexicon and is regularly used in reference to other devices. I think that could speak to the surprising efficacy of the device further reinforcing the notion of "riding the line", but I also think that it could have just been dumb luck/lighting-in-a-bottle for a term like that to catch on like it did. I'm 50/50 on that one, but I'd trademark it regardless. If we're not counting the Founders Edition launch in late 2021, then I'd say this is easily the best new vape of 2022 and by far has the most unique heater design in the last 4-5 years.

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

What sort of claims would you consider to be bold and who exactly would you say has "lost their grip"? Just curious because off the top of my head, while there was definitely a lot of enthusiasm and excitement, the most outrageous sounding claims I recall reading were that people thought their Anvils extracted just as efficiently or in some cases more efficiently than their desktop units. I don't know if I'd go that far, but at the very least I would agree that Anvil performance is definitely in the ballpark of an average ball-vape set up, significantly closer than a VapCap or a Mighty when using equal amounts of material.

Given the performance of the device along with the responses to your comment, I don't think it's a stretch to see why an Anvil might be a suitable Flower Pot replacement for some, at least from that perspective.

I acknowledge that I could very easily have missed many posts in the thread, but beyond the ball vape comparisons, the other most consistent thing I recall reading here was that people were selling off or putting away their VapCaps as a result of trying an Anvil. I get that this is anecdotal, but having experienced some of this myself, I don't think this is unusual either. After 4+ years of nearly consistent, daily use I've completely stopped using VapCaps as of approximately 6 months ago.

Beyond that and to a lesser degree, I also read people complain about flavour consistently which isn't a bold claim per se, but it is odd to me. You get much better flavour depending on where/how you heat it, literally like any other device out there. Complaining about the Anvil flavour while heating the thermal battery with a large flame for 40-50 seconds to me is akin to hitting a TM2 at 9 or 10. That can taste like shit too, but at 6-7 and below on the dial, it tastes much better. I can take my material to black on the first hit from my Milaanas or Splinters and that will also taste terrible, but I've also gotten some of the best tasting draws I've ever had when heated on a gentler curve. Having said that, no one ought to be buying an Anvil for flavour as it should be apparent that it's not designed to maximize the taste of your material. To me, that seems like complaining that a Porsche has terrible fuel efficiency.

Personally, I've always and still do maintain that the Anvil is the closest thing we have to a Supreme in terms of heat retention. I guess this can be considered 'out there' too, but after having used both my 3.5 and v6 extensively alongside an Anvil, I still stand by that assessment.

If I were to make I bold statement concerning the Anvil, I'd say that a year after launching, there's no doubt in my mind the influence that Anvil/Vestratto has had particularly in the artisan/boutique device space. I don't think you can argue that it was at the very least a spark of inspiration for the FMJ, Danivape, TA and Armored Caps among others and while Estratto is still a terrible marketing term, "Ride The Line" has entered into the community lexicon and is regularly used in reference to other devices. I think that could speak to the surprising efficacy of the device further reinforcing the notion of "riding the line", but I also think that it could have just been dumb luck/lighting-in-a-bottle for a term like that to catch on like it did. I'm 50/50 on that one, but I'd trademark that regardless. If we're not counting the Founders Edition launch in late 2021, then I'd say this is easily the best new vape of 2022 and by far has the most unique heater design in the last 4-5 years.
Brother I could not have said it better myself...I do occasionally pull out the Vapcaps when I feel like I need a short break from the Anvil...my VAS has been cured....I use it as a desktop and as a portable....it is a high quality made device...soon to be medically approved...the similar devices that have followed it are not made as well.

John has changed the vape game and I am excited to see what new ideas come in the future

seki

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari I could be missing some, but the contenders for new vapes in 2022 are Firewood 8, TM2, Angus, Z8 and Anvil if it counts? That's a toss up to me but I'll give you that one.

In terms of heater design, in my mind you need to eliminate any device that uses glass balls as a heating matrix in terms of uniqueness as any of these are derivative of the Glass Symphony IMO. Similarly any device like the Toad or TinyMight with a HSA SS heater in my mind are derivative of RBT devices. Halogen has been done with the Element Home Vape, Apollo, Musa, Halo, HLT etc. To be clear, I don't mean "derivative" in a pejorative sense, just that the designs clearly have similarities and do not necessarily differentiate themselves from the others.

Again, acknowledging that I could totally be forgetting some but to me, the copper battery still seems to be the most unique design we've seen in a bit.

Also I did state that the part you quoted was supposed to be bold intentionally?
If I were to make a bold statement concerning the Anvil, I'd say

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari I could be missing some, but the contenders for new vapes in 2022 are Firewood 8, TM2, Angus, Z8 and Anvil if it counts? That's a toss up to me but I'll give you that one.

In terms of heater design, in my mind you need to eliminate any device that uses glass balls as a heating matrix in terms of uniqueness as any of these are derivative of the Glass Symphony IMO. Similarly any device like the Toad or Nomad with a HSA SS heater in my mind are derivative of RBT devices. Halogen has been done with the Element Home Vape, Apollo, Musa, Halo, HLT etc. To be clear, I don't mean "derivative" in a pejorative sense, just that the designs clearly have similarities and do not necessarily differentiate themselves from the others.

Again, totally acknowledging that I could totally be forgetting some but to me, the copper battery still seems to be the most unique design we've seen in a bit.

Also I did state that the part you quoted was supposed to bold intentionally?
Butane has also been done though, the somewhat resembling dynavap for example. The zirconia z8 is innovative imo in the same way the copper core is. I also think a heater design that sacrifices flavor is not gonna be winning this stand off.

Also I did state that the part you quoted was supposed to bold intentionally?
Sounded like you got back to serious here:
I don't think you can argue that

;)

Last edited:
Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Top Bottom