Antibiotic properties.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hi FCers,

How would I go about releasing the antibiotic compounds from herbs, is combustion the only way to do this, or will vaping at very high temps work. Although I don't like this idea. I'd probably have to put my eq on 250 to achieve a true 220 at the herb

Is there not a way to get the antibiotic bit without the other bad stuff that's released at them temps?

Would it be released with edibles?

kellya86,
Reactions: DDave

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
In the article you linked to in the other thread it mentions how decarbing/combusting the material wasn't beneficial. :shrug:
“It can be concluded that it is not feasible to perform decarboxylation of cannabinoids, without significant loss of terpene components.” Dr. Hazekamp advises. The decarboxylation process, which heats marijuana to a point where the THC becomes psychoactive, happens automatically when cannabis is smoked, meaning tokers are not getting the full benefit of the herb’s medicinal power.

and that using olive oil preserved the useful terpene.
The terpene beta-Pinene for example, which has been found to be anti-fungal and to synergistically fight MRSA, was completely absent in the naphtha based “Rick Simpson” style cannabis oil tested, which tries to extract as much THC as possible. It remained at high levels in the olive oil extraction however.

So I guess tinctures or edibles would be the way to go

Top Bottom